Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: TuxedoPenguin's Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Logan, i'm 17 years of age, and currently attending High School. I own both an Xbox 360 (Sortoa is my gamertag), and a Steam profile (TuxedoPenguin). I play an assortment of games, including Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike: Source, Garry's Mod, Space Station 13 (Baystation 12, a roleplaying server), and many others (check my profile for a list). My game time is restricted to when I have the time, as school takes up a bit of the time. I am, however, not in school on summer vacation, so I hope to have (if I am accepted) many different experiences within the next month. I also am a part of my school's marching band, which I enjoy greatly, and also limits my game time. My name, as you can tell, is TuxedoPenguin. This came about when I was at a wedding, and my cousin told me I looked like a weird penguin, to which I took no heed until trying to come up with a name for my steam account the following week. It struck me as a perfect name, and has stuck with me for as long as i've gamed. Sortoa is another name I use quite often, though I can't quite recall how it came to be.
What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the United States, South Carolina to be more specific. I speak English, and nothing else, though I plan on taking french when I am able.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I began playing World of Warcraft a few months before TBC, due to a group of friends deciding to begin, I jumped in on the bandwagon. We enjoyed leveling up together, running instances, and in the later level, raiding. I never was one to play PvP very often, but my friends loved it. I preferred to spend my time finding groups to RP with, however mediocre they were.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
During WotLK, I switched over to a private server named EchelonedWoW, an all GM private server (now known as Divinity-X). I spent most of my time roleplaying on that server, and was told by a group to try this server out. I looked at this server, and was happily going to join, yet my personal life took control and I eventually forgot this server existed. It was only recently that I got back into WoW and remembered a private server dedicated strictly to roleplaying purposes, and I searched it up on google, to this site, and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy almost all kinds of roleplay, as long as they are done well. I do, however, dislike those that cause OOC distress among players. I prefer to have a calm, quality roleplaying experience, without the interruption of debates and discussions ruining the atmosphere and overall quality of said roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would have to be the dwarf. I've loved dwarves for as long as I can remember, mainly due to my reading of J.R.R Tolkein's, The Hobbit. Dwarves have always striked me as a bold, heroic, and ingenious race. I enjoy the craftsmanship and culture the dwarven race exhibits.

My favorite class would perhaps be the hunter, for both the fact of a companion at all times to reduce the tension of being alone, but also the history behind the hunter and the use of the latest tools availible to do what they will to survive.(And frankly, they're just bad ass) I love animals as well, and as such, love my companions in WoW, and will roleplay that out as such in my character. He will most likely be just that, a Dwarf Hunter, however cliche it may be, I love the stories behind both.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are that of the highest quality of roleplay availible. I hope to have experiences with others that I will remember. I wish to have interaction between the community, and have proper roleplay to explain my characters story and role in the world.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I would have to say the introduction system is by far the best thing of this server. It keeps out those that wish only to ruin the experiences of others (griefers, if you will), only for personal gain.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Temil took a knee, and stared at the small, wooden box. He eagerly picked it up, and wiped away the snow, revealing a large insignia. Temil gazed in awe, and stroked his braided white beard, the mark of Ironforge was inscripted onto the box. He opened his knapsack and quickly, yet carefully, placed the box inside. Temil looked around, anxious to get this home, and closed his knapsack. The sack was slung over his shoulder and, when trekking through the snow, made a slight metal sound. He followed the path until he reached a small, stone cottage on the edge of a frozen lake. Once inside, Temil placed the box on a round, wooden table, and said to himself, "I'm goin' to be rich! Rich!" Out of the corner of his eye, however, he noticed a man in a dark corner of his cottage. A small, black beard extended from his chin, and a large black ponytail protruded from the back of his head. Temil immediately jumped back and drew a small dagger from his knapsack.

"Really, now. You mustn't act too rash, else you might get hurt," said the man with the ponytail. "We both know that box belongs to me, and I thank you for finding it. I do, however, want it back."

Temil stared in frustration and confusion. "You can have it when you pry it from me dead fingers, ye' bloody thief!" Temil then rushed the man, attempting to stab him through his midsection.

The man drew a sword and sidestepped, slashing Temil in the back as he slammed face first into the wall. "You've really let me down, Temil. Let your father know I said thanks," he said, calming holstering his sword and picking up the box. He walked out the door, leaving Temil to die, alone.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hope this gets accepted. Talk to you soon.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to join the channel 'chat' for anything related in-game such as questions about server policies or information on lore, and 'barrens' for anything off-topic that follows server rules. LFG is used for seeking role-play. Use the OOC portal to go just about anywhere in the game, but be sure to visit the OOC area for all the trainers and vendors. There's also an innkeeper there that you can set your hearthstone to. :)

If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me!

By the way, TF2? o/ Used to play that all the time.