Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I am utterly confused...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, well.. This'll be last post, promise. :) But, I can't do any of the directions. They're easy, but I can't open wtf files, and I can't download the patch 3.3.2a . I don't think I can do the whole private server thing because my computer won't let me. I am not computer savvy at all, as you can tell. Is there anyone that can help? If not, then I won't be able to play WoW. At all. Hmph
Alright, first of all you will want to download form this link:
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...12340-enUS

Now, you will need a torrent programs such as BitTorrent in order to download that file. BitTorrent is completely free, don't worry. I use it.

http://www.bittorrent.com/downloads/ <--- BitTorrent

I'll give you the next steps if you get that to work. ^^
Alright, I downloaded them both, and C:\Users\owner\Downloads\WoW-3.3.0.10958-to-3.3.5.12340-enUS-patch.zip\WoW-3.3.0.10958-to-3.3.5.12340-enUS-patch is what is the file that popped up.
yup :D

Alright next get this file: http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-Realmlist-CotH

Then drop it into C:\Users\owner\Downloads\WoW-3.3.0.10958-to-3.3.5.12340-enUS-patch.zip\WoW-3.3.0.10958-to-3.3.5.12340-enUS-patch/Data/enUS

In the enUS folder there should be a file names realmlist, delete it then rename the file you had downloaded and dropped in 'realmlist'

After that once your intro has been accepted and you cna make a server name you can log in to the server. :D
I had watched a video on a thread, and figured out, by some miracle, that I can edit .wtf folders! :P I changed my current live realmlist to the logon.conquestofthehorde.com ones. Do I still have to do the things you told me?

And.. Can I log on through the launcher?

Gosh darnit. Well, I took it upon myself to be an idiot, deleted my realmlist.wtf, and then tried to save the file you gave me as realmlist.wtf, and it won't let me save. Help me? I am really stupid when it comes to computers.
You can edit the realmlist yourself. If you do so, you don't need to download or replace the other one. If you deleted the earlier, check out your Recycle Bin on your desktop and look for the file there. You should be able to restore it or drag the file out of there.

If I can offer an alternative in the fguture, just torret the complete WoW stand-alone folder. It has everything that you need to play -- including the realmlist -- already packaged. All you have to do is download it and then move the folder somewhere on your computer.

Very simple, no mess.
Alright, thanks. But, I believe I have everything all in order. Now, I just need to wait to be accepted.
Huzzah! I sent you a private message, but you're free to disregard it if you're set up. Good luck on a timely acceptance!
So, with the stand alone folder, if I screwed it up really bad, could I delete my current WoW folder, download that one and be all good?
Yes! It is the complete folder of the game, all of the patches up to our current point, and the realmlist. All you would need to do is torrent it from the source and then place it somewhere accessible on your computer.

Oh, and I totally disregarded your question regarding the launcher earlier. Apologies! I believe that if you attempt to log in through the launcher, Blizzard actually forces you to log in through their realmlist. You'll need to run the game using Wow.exe. I think that the stand alone folder may not even include the launcher, but I haven't downloaded it on my new computer as of yet.
So, Wow.exe should open up the game for me? Sweet!
Absolutely! It effectively bypasses the launcher and is actually mandatory when logging into our private server.
Didn't work. :( I tried to open it, to make sure everything was working correctly, and it opened 4.3.4a
Did you open it earlier using the launcher? Did you patch the game at all? The game shouldn't be at Cataclysm (which is indicated by 4.3, which is Firelands).

Did you have an earlier install of World of Warcraft that was up to date?
I clicked the launcher and it said could not retrieve patching info. I uninstalled WoW and I am downloading the stand alone now
Pages: 1 2