Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dungeons and Ducks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The General Outline
Right. So.

I jabbered about this for a few minutes back in Darkshore; it was mostly a passing thought because 'Gecko mentioned he wanted to go around doing adventures, and I'm rather stumped at how to farther progress my Draenei. SO.
This is the result of standing in OOC zone and trying to remember what you came there for anyway.

The idea does include the typical crawling around dungeons and old catacombs, but spreads out across WoW universe - meaning it may very well include spreading out to Northrend and Outland and likely cover Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor head to toe.
There will be no limitations on races or factions, just a limit on players. A minimum of two players, up to a maximum of six at a time will participate in the event; The event itself might span up over through several days, if not longer until all folks who applied had their share of the event.

Why Six?

[Image: 06-01-10-e42dayold.jpg]

This is why no more then six. It makes posting easier, people can make heads or tails more simply too.

Progressing and how.

So how to - simple. The party would move through a sort of 'map' with a narrator guiding them. The narrator would do no more then explain what is in a specific area, and should the party end up somewhere with enemies, traps or similars, hault the bandwagon and help them through discreet suggestions how to save their beloved behinds before things get messy. The narrator, GM, leading player (doesn't matter who) would do nothing to intervene; the players decide completely on their own what to do, and how to do it.

This'll take a while.

Might, or it might not. These events could span over a period of time, OR have them held simultaneously with the help of a raid window. In that case, each group would have their 'Leader' (the one Narrating or DMing), and each group in their own specific little location.

PvE and Mobs

PvE may likely be included but unlikely, simply because of the de-leveled items. The best solution that came to mind concerning the mobs is to make them Neutral and have them placed there just 'for flavour'.

Say a group of spiders attacks one party; a certain, pre-determined number of them would be spawned to help the players orient better. But each group would arrange would they trust fight, roll fight or still choose to pummel the life out of the mobs with PvE.

Yes, that's quite fabulous...now about the goods.

Yes. That will be in arrangment with the GM's and how they see fit to reward after such things. In-game currency, some certain items or whatever. However the players will split the bill IC in game.

Let me repeat that one again in case you missed it; Players will ICly split the reward by themselves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IC and OOC behaviour, other plans and such;

The point of it wall was to offer a mixture of social RP, combat RP and stack in some social, or racial tensions. To be more to the point, offer a large amount of RP (if you can make it yourselves) with something in-between to help it along. With the use of raids and Raid Assistants, thing will go faster and it will give anyone a chance to lead an adventure of their own if they step up and volunteer for it.
Plan it ahead or do it on the spot, either way you're grand. But possibly the biggest problems that might rise up are the rewards and player picking.

And you're right. I haven't thought about that at all. Beer

Suggestions, complaints, wants and wishes - gogogo.

I have a wish: I wish to participate!
Hehe, I'm getting ahead of myself. I really have nothing to offer but my support for this idea - I love it! I do have a question though, concerning time - are there any preferred times of the day? I'm saying this because timezone usually likes to get in the way of events. Thanks!
I believe I've told you my opinion on this in-game. So with that being said, this does indeed sound fun. I'm willing to help when and where I can. Asides, good DM practice no?