Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Vox populi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hey there, CoTH!
I'm really bad at these introduction things, so pardon me if this is a bit boring to read. I have trouble starting portfolios such as these, but I guess I'll just start at the beginning.
I'm a 17 year old avid roleplayer. Been roleplaying ever since I was around 12, which gives me about 5 years of experience. Not the most impressive sounding number, I am aware, but I have a relative knowledge of how things are done. I haven't roleplayed on WoW before, but I have a decent grasp on its lore and how things are done in the Warcraft universe. You could say that RPing is a lifestyle more than a hobby for me. I've roleplayed on LOTRO, Minecraft (yes, that exists), Starcraft and D&D, but WoW is pretty much a new front for me. Though I hope to impress rather than disappoint.

That's all you need to know about me for now. I'm not the most interesting person in the world, but I'm pretty easy to approach and befriend, as long as you're nice and not a complete douche.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
My primary language isn't English, though I'm of mixed blood and thus - bilingual. My dad's British, so I've been speaking English ever since I can remember, despite it not being my mother tongue. I'm fairly fluent in it, as well as German and a bit of Russian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The same as 90% of the WoW population. Advertising. I have to hand it to Blizzard, they're pretty good on that aspect. Also I've heard about it many-a-time from friends and people I RP with. I can't say I know what took me so long to actually try the game, but hey. I'm no hipster, I have no shame in admitting that I know of WoW simply because it's mainstream.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I know this is the answer you get time and time again. It's boring, it's lame. But I found out about CoTH from Google. Yes, sadly I am not original. Though what drew me to CoTH is the friendly atmosphere I can easily pick up from the community. I've perused a few other WoW RP servers, but they don't seem as serious as CoTH is about RP.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I guess it's a mood thing. Depending on what I feel like, I can enjoy different types of RP. From battlefield RP, past quiet socializing in a tavern, political tension, PvP (not literal PvP, just RP duels) to the one style that seems to be very frowned upon in modern day RP - romance. Yes, I can do that too, sue me. Since I absolutely LOVE Dungeons & Dragons, I also like dungeon crawler RPs, but I understand that not a lot enjoy those, so I won't be too pushy about them. But all and all, I enjoy different kids of RP depending on what I feel like.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I can't say I have a specific race I enjoy roleplaying. Mainly because I haven't really RPed any in WoW yet. I can say that the race that appeals to me the most on first glance are the Forsaken, mainly because of their lore. The Blood Elves also look quite nice, even though they don't seem too favored among the RP communities. But I can only call them just that, appealing, by no means "favorite". I'm sure I'll establish one the more I get into WoW RP, but for now I don't really think I have a favorite.
As for classes, I prefer semi-ranged classes, such as the Elven Ranger class. I could write down an elaborate reason as to why I like them, but it would just be a jumble of words with little meaning, other than "I just like them".

What are your expectations of this server?:
Little else than to RP. I am not a very demanding person and I can make due with what little I'm given. All I need is a community that's friendly when socializing and competent when RPing. CoTH seems to have that, so my expectations are met. Now it's up to me to meet yours.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
How can I not say "the Respect rule"? Of course, it's a recurring pattern in every introduction thread you see. But it just warms my heart to know you guys are serious about that. Too many times have I had my RP interrupted by some griefer who decided he had nothing better to do with his time than spoil the fun of others. That's definitely the regulation that makes me happy.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Alrighty. Hopefully you guys don't mind that this is somewhat of a short story.

The forest slept. Veiled in its shroud of night time tranquility, only the seldom gust of wind rocking the leaves hinted that the wood was living behind the facade of complete stangnance. The moon barely lit the dense wildlife, the darkness was so thick you could practically feel it as a solid matter, enveloping you in its alluring, yet deadly embrace. It was that particular time where he felt most comfortable with his surroundings. That complete and absolute silence that fell upon the bustling forest, when prey slept, whilst predator hunted. It took little for his eyes, two emerald spheres shining out amid the thick of night, to adjust and see through the crepscular veil. His movements were as silent and graceful as the nighttime wind itself, barely making any noise as he traversed the thicket.

His prey was no less adapted to this type of environment than he was. The deer, exhausted from the scalding rays of the sun - lay awake and alert. It knew someone was watching, the sensitive nose picking up an odd scent in the distance. Of course, the frivolous nighttime breeze changed directions every minute, a fact not in the creature's favor, as the scent disappeared as quickly as it came. But it knew it was being watched. The head of the mightly creature bowed in submission, as if consigning to its ultimate fate, grazing its possible last strand of grass. The auburn eyes blinked slowly, sinking into a sensation of slumber, ready to greet its maker.

The release of the string caused a noise to swipe through the entire forest. The arrow flew forwards and flawlessly embedded itself betwixt the eyes of the graceful creature. With naught a sound, it fell to the ground, passing its soul to the heavens with no pain or excruciation. A quick death, the only type a creature as mighty as it deserved. And he granted it just that, humbled by respect to this master of the wilderness.

He was going to dine tonight.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nada. That's pretty much all I got for now.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you ever need help with lore, make sure to give any of the greens, purples, or reds a PM. We are all willing to help out. :3

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy