Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: "New Posts" System Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to sorta customise what new posts it informs you of?
I'm getting really bored of being flooded with new one-line intros, and the same Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V (That's Copy and Paste for all you normallers)) responses!

All I want is to be able to turn that section's new post alerter off!

((Edit: Edited Title, to make it sound less like a policy))
Click on "Personal CP" to the left (under your Personal Menu, with your avatar picture), then go to "Manage Subscriptions" on the menu. Manage the hell out of your subscriptions and make 'em go away.

-OPTIONAL-

In the same menu you found "Manage Subscriptions", click on "Board Preferences". Look down the list offered. The last option should be "Notify me upon replies by default". Make sure it's unchecked if you don't want to be told every time someone replies to one of your posts.

I think that will cut down on your inbox spam.
Nono, I mean something completely different! You can click on the "new posts" button to see all that's new, all I want to know is if you can specify which areas of the forum you want it to tell you about, so that I can stop it giving me new posts from the intros section! (does that make more sense? Or have I just led you round a different corner?)
Oh, hahah! Nope, no way to do that. The majority of new posts are introductions right now, so that's what you're going to see. The only way around it is to actually pick through the forums and skip the introductions section.
Huh. I wonder why...