Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Look at this horse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spoiler:
[Image: 352px-Deathguard_Lundmark.jpg]

Not so amazing, huh?
But look closer.
Yeah, that's not quiiiite a felsteed. The texture and model are both different, being a recolor of the human horse mount with glowing eyes and hooves, and most notably, it doesn't have a gaping hole in its chest like normal felsteeds.

Another factor is that the person riding it is Deathguard Lundmark, who, according to WoWhead has a physical-based shooting skill, which is not something Warlocks can do. Its also important to note that Lundmark is later seen just on a skeletal steed, speculated to be the same animal, only further rotted.

So, unless I'm misinformed, this mount is unavailable to players, and is found on a non-warlock character. So, is this a goof? What a well-preserved undead horse looks like? Is he to be assumed to be a warlock, or what?
What is this horse, and what does this mean lore-wise?

Also, can we have it? its pretty. (Ok, that's for another thread on another subforum, but still)
IT'S A HURSE!

http://old.wowhead.com/npc=3864
That is the model it uses. Apparently it's simply a unique model used for the "fel steeds" in Shadowfang (notice it's fel steed, and not felsteed). Unfortunately, it's not associated with any spell that I can find.
That horse is quite amazing. May I give it a lick? And will it taste like raisins?
(07-02-2012, 10:38 PM)Kretol Wrote: [ -> ]IT'S A HURSE!

http://old.wowhead.com/npc=3864
That is the model it uses. Apparently it's simply a unique model used for the "fel steeds" in Shadowfang (notice it's fel steed, and not felsteed). Unfortunately, it's not associated with any spell that I can find.
Thanks, Kretol. I knew it had to be used elsewhere, but I just couldn't find it!
Still, any knowledge of why Lundmark has one?

(07-02-2012, 10:45 PM)BigSmoothy Wrote: [ -> ]That horse is quite amazing. May I give it a lick? And will it taste like raisins?
I'd think it would taste of a mix of horse fur, dead animal and fire.
Somehow I feel like that space has a significance. Perhaps a Fel Steed is like a horse version of a Fel Orc?
And..undead horses? Does this even exist? I mean, what qualifies something as undead and can non sentient beings ( at least to the level of a human or elf ) become undead, and what would a horse do if it was undead? Obey a lich's commands? Living horses could certainly be ridden the same way than undead horses.

You better not show me where the lemonade is made.