Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rigley Advertises: Guild Bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made something like this in the past, so I thought it might be helpful to do once more.

So!

Ever wanted a guild base?

I know a lot of people have! It's one of those things lots of people enjoy having in most any RP community I've seen-- a place to park your group for the night after a big fight, or just a general place for your guys to gather around and have casual chats or talk strategy. Having a guild base seems to be a bit of an important thing depending on who you ask, since I think it's something of an unrecognized bit of status-- "My guild is big, and we need our own encampment just for our group." or whathave you.

Well, we have some.

Legitimate bases, free of guards and other NPCs to enable your own guild's code of law.

These are regions I feel could have some great utility, so I've taken the time to bring them up once more:

Bladebreaker Hold
[Image: Bladebreaker.png]

The largest I have on this list at the moment. Bladebreaker Hold has pretty much everything a Horde guild would find necessary out in the Barrens; a mess hall, stables, a blacksmith and a gathering hall. While the hold is a bit weathered from age it still is well-furnished.
-Has an OOC portal location.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gravewatcher Hold
[Image: Gravewatcher.png]

A smaller hold, but one still able to accommodate a well-sized Horde force. Gravewatcher Hold is set out in Desolace, built in a bit more of a compact layout due to the less than hospitable region. As above it has a blacksmith, stables, mess hall and meeting hall, each furnished. It even has an innkeeper in the form of a goblin trader camped out in the shadow of the meeting hall.
-Has an OOC portal location.

Lastwatch Redoubt
[Image: LastwatchPicture.png]

Lore beneath the spoiler tag:
Spoiler:
The Lastwatch Redoubt is a small Alliance mission situated in Northern Lordaeron-- a small bastion of humanity carved out from the plaguelands. Though once nothing more than a small missionary outpost to the Blood Elves, it was cultivated into a fortified hold over time as its inhabitants prospered.

During the Third War Lastwatch's fortifications saw significant use, though; as the Scourge marched onwards through the land many refugees used Lastwatch as a haven against the armies of the undead, relatively hidden as it was in its valley. Though the world around it fell into disarray, Lastwatch's walls held; the original population had grown to the point of overcrowding, especially so after a Scourge raid upon an outlying elven villa led to many of its people fleeing into the protection of the hold. This proved to be too much, though; with the elven population and the rising count of human refugees the group set out to escape the plaguelands, leaving Lastwatch behind.

Though later given use as a small staging ground for the Argent Crusade, Lastwatch has since been left abandoned. Tactically unsound, it has been left alone for many years-- however, the location is still serviceable enough, to any wanderer who comes upon its gates.

Lastwatch Redoubt has a small selection of homes, a chapel, and a meeting hall with a small kitchen, stage, and dining table. It has a stables, a graveyard, and is bereft of any NPC forces.

Lastwatch Redoubt is a small yet serviceable location for Alliance only, with a strong theme towards faith-based guilds.

It is found by going to the Dwarven Farm on the Alliance portal list, and east until you spot the walls.

It contains:
-A meeting hall
-Five standard homes
-A chapel
-A stables

Solidarity Row
[Image: Solidarity.png]

(shutup it's hard to get a good picture of this one :c)

On the Alliance side of things we have this location-- if you'll recall it was a small farmstead before (custom spawned), since morphed into the Solidarity headquarters through the recent event chain.

Solidarity Row is now accessible. It's rather extensive due to it being constructed by the roadside of a few homes, and has:
-An inn, with what will be an office at the top.
-Multiple one-room homes along the road.
-A stable
-A blacksmith
-A chapel (with graveyard, which of which how good that is is quite debatable in Duskwood).
The Solidarity NPCs will get phased out after the event chain, so I'm hoping what's left behind is put to some good use!
-No OOC portal yet, but easily accessible from a run up from Darkshire. Also not accessible until the end of Solidarity's event chain.

Valias Airbase
[Image: ValiasPicture.png]

Lore beneath the spoiler:
Spoiler:
The Valias Airstrip is a small pocket of level terrain located just over the mountains bordering Khaz Modan and the Searing Gorge. A small pocket of dwarven territory held after the War of the Three Hammers, Valias served as a staging point for surveillance and resource gathering over the years. Gradually the base found funding stripped further and further though, and was left wholly decommissioned following the construction of the Ironforge Airport.

With no one to look after the airstrip, it largely fell into neglect. Though it was a fair source of ore it was more cost to operate than any profit received. By the time it saw use again one of the airfield's towers had collapsed, and many other structures were in serious needs or repairs.

Unfortunately it was the Dark Irons who restored it. Revitalized during the brief Dark Iron incursions to Khaz Modan, Valias saw a renewed use as many Dark Iron flights used the strip to take flight and assault Ironforge's holdings just north of their location. Troops were garrisoned and planes stocked, using the old mines to tunnel down and connect to The Cauldron, just below. The occupation was cut short when a force from Ironforge pierced through the defenses of the airstrip and carved through the Dark Irons stationed there, briefly restoring the region to its rightful owners for a short period of time.

When the conflict was over, Ironforge remained in Valias for a short time. Though they had no interest in returning the airbase to full use it was kept functioning long enough to salvage any useful Dark Iron information, as well as to close the mines off with detonations, preventing quick Dark Iron re-habitation. Now the airstrip lays dormant; refurbished to working order by the Dark Irons, and now left to fall back to disorder.

Unless, of course, someone else were to take interest in it.

In terms of accommodations, Valias Airbase has a sizable amount of housing, complete with an inn and two larger estates. Be aware that some of the housing comes sized to the scale of its former Gnomish and Dwarven workers. Valias also hold a bar, like any settlement with Dwarven influence. The bar and inn still remain staffed by a small collection of machines which, though not fit to recognize Horde and Alliance, will detain any hostilities taking place within the two pieces of property. They are also fitted with scrap collection devices, so don't engage in combat near them unless you fancy losing some of your gear to the machines.

Valias also has a wealth of engineering gadgets and machinery about, including a blacksmith for material forging and a workshop. Aside from that the other notable feature to the location are the towers and mines, both of which have been sealed off after the Dark Iron Incursion and are unable to be accessed.

Valias is a sizable Gnomish and Dwarven airstrip. Though it is a neutral area, Horde guilds operating in a military capacity will want to be very cautious-- this area was occupied by Ironforge previously for housing Dark Irons, and it stands to reason that it would be difficult to continue advanced operations.

Valias contains:
-Eight standard homes (some with gnomish/dwarven sized beds and the like)
-Two large estates
-An inn (Guarded)
-A tavern (Guarded and staffed)
-A blacksmith
-Multiple engineering stations and implements.

It's worth noting: We can't have too many of these. They tend to be somewhat large, and just to begin with there's a large issue with uneven ground making an area difficult to spawn a good base upon. While I could foresee more being made, currently the lack of use of the current bases isn't very good incentive for the administration to give me the go-ahead with these bits of construction.

That being said, if you feel you might have a good idea for a location, you could always tell me and I would consider it-- but be aware that admins have the final say, and if these two are still unused I hope there are some good reasons as to why another would be better :u

(Also worth noting if you want to suggest an area to me: I've never phased out more than a tiny handful of aminals when in one of these builds, and I prefer it remain that way. I don't want to phase out large amounts of creatures, so it's worth looking at that if you want me to consider a base somewhere else).
I also recommend the mage tower in Azshara, and the Scarlet Monastery. While not areas of huge construction like what's shown above, they're great nonetheless.

Pretty much any location on the portal list can be used as a guild base.
Sunspire tower is excellent for Blelves also. Good post!
(07-03-2012, 07:56 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]I also recommend the mage tower in Azshara, and the Scarlet Monastery. While not areas of huge construction like what's shown above, they're great nonetheless.

Pretty much any location on the portal list can be used as a guild base.
Of course!

I was only calling attention to some of the larger areas that were specifically built for this purpose. Though the monastery would be a good note as well...

Either way! Good to note, aye!
Dem barrens forts look good! Nice job Rigs!
--To note, the Solidarity Headquarters is now vacant and free for use.
I like the idea of guild bases. But...! There is one thing missing from this thread.

Forsaken guild base!

It'd be really nice to have. And.. stuff. (Don't have much else to say.)
(07-03-2012, 09:05 PM)Lendri Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of guild bases. But...! There is one thing missing from this thread.

Forsaken guild base!

It'd be really nice to have. And.. stuff. (Don't have much else to say.)
Those words are like.. college.

(Agreed. Though I can see that a Forsaken base is limited to just.. Forsaken/dead things, which may not make it appealing to put the effort in.. But still a thought!)
If you would like to suggest a location (generally one with some flat space to construct upon) then I could bring it up with the admin team and see if it would be a possibility!

They're certainly viable, with all of the buildings we have.
(07-03-2012, 09:08 PM)Rigley Wrote: [ -> ]If you would like to suggest a location (generally one with some flat space to construct upon) then I could bring it up with the admin team and see if it would be a possibility!

They're certainly viable, with all of the buildings we have.
From what I can tell, there's some flat plots in the mountains between Silverpine and Deathknell, as well as some space further north, around Nightweb's hollow and another nice, relatively flat space further north near the coast along those mountains.
Of course, these seem to be inaccessable to players, and I can only tell "Flatness" by the minimap, so it will take some GM magic to tell for sure if these are useable. :/
There is a huge flat area on Tanaris, I don't remember where exactly but it has enough building space to at least make a small 'zone'.
Tanaris is a zone I have considered; the unused flat spaces between zones would have to depend on how aggressively ugly the texturing there looks.
The texturing on Tanaris looks like a patch of dusty dirt with some patches of grass I think.
At the flat space.
Ah, someone mentioned the flat space to the left of Tirisfal. Other than that.. there is fenris island that can be converted if you want somewhere that already has a main structure. But the gorge next to Deathknell looks promising!
Something is in the works. :B
Pages: 1 2