Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lowkey's thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I enjoy a wide variety of roleplay, I tend to stay away from large DND style events, and I don't enjoy getting into any kind of roleplay combat with another player. My characters are typically pacifists or at least neutral. The reason I do this is because when you engage in roleplay combat with another person, they try to bend the rules as much as possible to see if they can kill you, in the end it's just a matter of who can make the most unnoticeable infraction. That and the inevitable OOC argument about what a character can and cannot do. While I always agree that abilities should be constricted, many times rules get in the way of creativity. I don't spend countless hours reading the RPG books, I don't really even care much about lore. Roleplay is just my favorite creative medium and in order to avoid conflict with other players, I keep my head down.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in the United States, primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I grew up with video games, my brothers were always playing them so I did too. I started out on the second warcraft game I think. When World of Warcraft came out I was instantly hooked and have been playing ever since.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

My friend Doctor Dave asked me to come play here with him, so I'm giving it a shot.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Mostly passive roleplay. I'll often roleplay characters who are masters of their professions and travel around offering their services and what not. One of my main characters, Saki, is a monk who is rather nomadic. I take her about everywhere, typically just for the purpose of meeting new people and seeing new places.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I don't have a favorite race, but my favorite class would have to be a mage. Magic is just something I stupidly wish I could have in real life and mages are the most versatile caster class, I just like to let my imagination go nuts with the silly but fantastic things a mage can do.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I don't really expect much, I just hope I can find some roleplay to fit into.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The rules here are not very different from any other server I've been to, I find it interesting that there's no level command, I'm not sure if I like that or not, but I'm willing to give this all a shot, could be fun.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Welp, I'm not really in a story writing mood so I can give you all an example of one of my backstories for my High Elf Monk, parts of it may seem out of place but I've had the character over 5 years so there's a lot of roleplay I had to jam in, and I know at the end it kind of just cuts off, because that was the last event I had roleplayed with her.

[align=-webkit-auto]
She never knew where she was born, only that she had been left on the doorsteps of a monastery in Tirisfal Glades. The matrons had constantly told stories of the day she was found, they had never seen anyone like her. She grew up in their care, and was brought up following the holy light. Saki never questioned the lessons she learned, she felt in her heart that it was right. The priests would always have work for her to do, cleaning the floors and windows, organizing the library, and she carried out these tasks with pleasure. You could say she is extremely disciplined, but the truth is, she never needed any. Life in the monastery was quiet and cold. There were several other orphans that lived in the monastery as well, none were as passionate about the light as her. They resented her for this, and the fact that she looked different didn't help things either. Saki tried her hardest to fit in and make friends, but they were disgusted by her presence. She knew why, although they never said it to her face. The efforts the children took to distance themselves from her made her sad, but she didn't hate them for it. As time went on, her peers had grown up or been adopted, and new orphans came. It took her quite a time to realize why she didn't grow as quickly as the others. She knew she was of a different race than the humans, and had seen a few of her own kind come through the libraries before, but never had an opportunity to speak with them. Her work always took precedent over any of her personal pursuits. Time passed quickly for her, and her work seemed never ending.

The priests had not once taken on a pupil from the orphans they looked after in the time that Saki had lived with them, and they were reluctant to train her because they still regarded her as a child, despite her being sixteen years old already. Most humans are already starting professions at this age or earlier. Saki knew not to insist, but she expressed her interest in wielding the light. Patient waiting and respect for them granted her her wish. The priests relieved her of her regular duties and she began some intense training. For years all she did was practice meditation and study, they'd often try to break her focus, by clapping in front of her, or having her meditate in front of a roaring fire. Her concentration was so solid and consistent after a year that she could sit atop the bell tower as they rang and rushed past her head, and you'd think she didn't even notice. It was easy for her to see how impressed they were with her, even in such a basic skill. It only inspired her to work harder.

They granted her access to the private section of their library after a time. Saki studied tomes of the light every moment of free time she had. They started to try and teach her to feel the lights presence around her after many years. To try and feel its influence and will, shockingly it appeared she could not. She tried so hard, looking for something new, aided by their instruction, but nothing new was there. Saki had a feeling of why this was, her thought was that she had felt it for a long time, through prayer and contemplation. The priests dismissed this as the cute idea of a young child. They thought she was merely unable to connect with the light for whatever reason. Saki was heartbroken, not because she thought they were right, but because her mentors would not believe her. Saki told them she would show them, she rushed outside to the graveyard, where one of her friends had buried his pet cat, who had died that morning. Saki dug up the grave and cleaned the cat. The priests came outside to see this and were enraged, charging toward her to stop her, shouting frantically. They tried to grab her and pull her away, she was calm and focused. Suddenly light burst from her hands and eyes and the priests dropped her out of shock, but she kept her focus. She called out and guided the animals spirit back to its body. It sprang to life quickly, seemingly free from death and the illness that had brought it there.

Despite her ability, she had broken a code of the light. The desecration of the pets grave was highly disrespectful, and it angered the priests. They had her confined to her room while they decided what to do. Saki sat on her bed, thinking. She knew what she did was wrong and was mad at herself for letting her emotions get to her, Billy was extremely happy to have his cat back though, so that gave her some comfort. They stormed into her room one morning, She was sat on the bed with a book. The priests decided to give her their standard punishment, a public whipping, and send her out on her out in the world, make her own life, and serve the light where she could, hoping that her ex-communication and physical punishment would make her think twice about disrespecting the light. They tied her arms up to the posts and rolled up her shirt. Her eyes slid shut and she drifted off into meditation, thinking that she could breeze her way through it. The whip cracked and burned into her back, she gasped out in pain and that was soon all she could think about. Her skin was literally torn off by the force of the whip, blood dripped from her back. She pleaded with the light, begging for it to stop, but it didn't. She couldn't understand how the ones who taught her of righteousness and justice, could inflict such terrible pain on a person. She thought of how peace and love were supposed to be things that followers of the light strived for, but she saw neither in their actions. Saki hung limply from the post, all the energy drained. The priest that administered her punishment cut her down, picked her up and set her down outside the door and she was forever dead to them.

She laid there for hours, unable to move, but unable to sleep. Her mind was stuck, as if her whole world had been torn apart. Saki pushed herself up, her conviction got a hold of her. She remembered how they thought the light was not with her. For the first time it really occurred to her, what if her mentors had it wrong? A world where the only way to peace was through fire and blood just didn't seem right to her. She believed that every problem could be solved with love and understanding. As she trudged down the steps of the monastery and into town, still soaked in her own blood, she made a vow to herself, to never harm a living creature, animal or otherwise. She added the last bit with a quiet laugh to herself. She started walking slowly down the road, thinking to herself " I wonder what Silverpine looks like" and so started her many adventures.

For the most part, Saki was unaware of what had been going on in world for the forty years she had spent in the monastery. She didn't know of any great causes she should be devoting her time to, so she just sort of ambled around, looking to help people with just about anything. Whether it be, aiding a sick family, or helping out on a farm for a day, she just enjoyed helping people with their struggles. She found that charity often leads to charity in return, and this is how she managed to survive her whole life. Saki showed immense kindness to strangers and the downtrodden, and in return they gave her a place to sleep and food to eat. This free life style gave her a lot of time to study and a lot of time to meditate, and she finally got to get out in the world and make an actual difference in people's lives. Throughout her many adventures and trials it started to occur to her, that love and understanding would not stop the wicked from murdering an entire family, just to loot a house or that it would stop two warring races from committing mass murder. Love and understanding, would certainly not keep demons from seeking to destroy Azeroth, nor could she stop Arthas with words. Violence was necessary to keep peace in her eyes, she saw it for herself. Many times she intervened in places she shouldn't have and nearly paid with her life.

Almost two centuries older than when she left the monastery, she decided it was time to stop with the aimless wandering. She could not avoid the truth any longer. Violence was necessary to defeat evil. However, she made a vow to never harm a living creature, animal or otherwise, but she could heal fallen warriors in battle, her strength had grown immensely over all this time. After the attack on Stormwind by the Lich King, Saki saw it as the biggest threat to the world, and one she needed to be a part of. Hero's and adventures were called from all over to aid in the assault on Northrend, so she went along. The ship was headed for the Borean Tundra, in an attempt to gain ground in the frozen lands, for their campaign against the scourge. She was in the back of the first wave to storm the shoreline, undead lined the hills above. The soldiers poured out, many died before they even stepped off the boats. Saki rushed about, healing the wounds of many, either enough for them to continue fighting or to run away. The soldiers did a good job of protecting her in battle, a few even gave their lives to spare hers. Her heart wept for those that fell, but was inspired by the sacrifice that so many were willing to make to save the world from evil.

Saki stayed with the front lines for almost the entire duration of the campaign, managing to keep alive, growing stronger every day. She constantly pushed herself in battle, always trying to see how fast she could move. In an attempt to aid a fallen paladin, Saki rushed in front of a skeleton warrior she hadn't noticed before. She looked around frantically calling out for help, but the soldiers were all engaged, the skeleton charged at her letting out a bone cringing roar and ran its blade through her stomach. It left it there assuming she was going to die, and she would have if not for a brave paladin. He scooped her up and carried her away from the battle, healing her would enough to let her survive. The paladin stood well above the average footman, donned in full plated armor and sword in hand. He would stare distantly at the world with his brown eyes. His short dark-brown hair and young , bulky physique gave him a distinct look of power. After Saki was safe he left to fight again though. She spent a few nights at the camp, thoroughly diminished. Many more nights were spent traveling back to the shore. Saki pleaded through her fever dreams to be taken back, "Take me to the front!" she cried. So close to the end, but she wouldn't be there to see it. The voyage to Stormwind didn't improve her condition, she fell ill and hardly slept. By the time the ship, carrying the wounded and dead finally reached Stormwind, news of the Lich Kings death had already been spread about,

After a few weeks gathering her strength in Stormwind, and just relaxing, she decided to set out again, looking for another war to fight. She traveled to the Plaguelands to see if she could lend her power to the efforts there. A month of slow travel and she had arrived in Alterac, looking down at the Plaguelands from the snowy summits. The ogres were easy enough to avoid and sneak around. Saki slid down a steep mountain path and finally reaches her destination. Several miles down the road she came across a Plaguehound, staring her down with his vicious eyes. She backed away slowly, pleading for him to not charge, little good it did her. The beast rushed toward her and she ran off through the forest, hiking her robe up a bit to get her legs moving faster. She came across the edge of a large pond and dove in, swimming all the way across. Looking back to the shore she saw the beast jumping around in frustration, and calmly walked down the road. A group of paladins tucked behind palisades in front of Uther's tomb were just down the road, they called out to her to hurry up and get behind the lines, explaining to her that a group of undead had amassed to the south and were about to attack. Saki walked into the monument, knelt down and began to pray. The undead charged from out of the woods and filtered through the fortifications placed around, clashing with the paladins. They were greatly outnumbered but they thinned them quickly. Despite their power, the paladins began to fall one by one. As the last had fallen they slowly approached the tomb. Saki got up and ran outside, looking at the force before her. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, and in a flash, a voice echoed through her mind, reminding her of her duties as a priest and to the light, pleading that she never give up hope. As the echo died out, Saki erupted with holy energy, spreading out from her, washing over the paladins and stunning the undead, blinding them with the light. The paladins slowly raised and took up arms, cutting down the remaining scourge quickly.[/align]

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Naw I pretty much get it.
Howdy, Lowkey (Loki!), I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you very much for your patience and your story. :) I'm glad Doctor Dave told you about our little slice of the internet and I hope you find some good RP here!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.
:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!