Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Greetings everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hello, I'm IndigoBanshee, often known as Ros on the internet. I played WoW from the closed beta, and stopped about a year after Lich King because everyone I knew moved on to other games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from the eastern USA, and I'm a native English speaker.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I try out pretty much all major MMOs, but I played WoW for a number of years.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was in a discussion with Piroska on another site regarding roleplaying in 3D venues, and he invited me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I tend to cater characters to both needs and activity, and play a wide range of character types. I enjoy both group and individual roleplay, though I think group RP is a little more fun. I do tend toward the diplomatic side over combat.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

To be honest, I like blood elves because they're pretty and wear pretty clothes, but I also enjoy Taurens and humans. I played several different classes, and my favorites were mages and rangers. I haven't quite decided which direction to go yet.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm really so surprised there's a dedicated RP server. I've played a couple other private servers, and they were not very community-focused. So I think you all are already way ahead of my expectations so far.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

"Generally, any type of RP is allowed, AS LONG AS EVERY PARTICIPANT IS COMFORTABLE WITH IT."

It's both flexible and puts the emphasis on players to work with one another to create a dynamic scenario.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This was not how it was supposed to be. Everything was supposed to be neat and orderly, and she hated it when things were not neat and orderly. The commander had sent a runner to change the battle plan once again, and Smoke felt like dumping him on his rear in the cold snow. It's not his fault, she thought, but the commander can't even be watching the battle right now if he thinks this orders are going to work.

Wrapping both hands around the hilt of the sword, she drove it into the ground. It was perhaps unnecessary, but she channeled some of her exasperation into it.

"Go, tell the commander we've no more men left to carry out his orders. Six of us can't work a miracle. The rest are injured or dead." She glared the messenger down until he capitulated and took off back toward basecamp. There's no more to give.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: No
Howdy, IndigoBanshee, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! I very much liked your story, particularly "Six of us can't work a miracle" -- simple and chilling!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!