Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Leeny's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I have been playing games since I was very young, but I did not get into online games until early in high school. To be honest, I have little experience with WoW and am joining with friends. I played Aion Online for about a year, up until just after it became free-to-play. I am looking forward to Guild Wars 2 when it is available. I enjoy role-playing, too, just as much as I love games that offer a lot of group-oriented play. I do not care much for PvP. I am not very competitive about games. I like to also try to be as helpful as I can, both to close friends and new players.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I am from the United States and my primary (and only known) language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?: As specified in the first answer, I have little experience with WoW, mostly due to not taking the time to get involved in it. I am now giving it a chance by the recommendation of a few good friends who have joined here, having heard a lot of good things about Warcraft.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: I was brought here via the recommendation of friends.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I am mostly fond of forum-based role playing, but I have quite a bit of experience with RP in online games. I have even co-lead an RP guild in a different online game. I do prefer being able to type out long responses and posts when it comes to role playing, but I find the group aspect and fast pace of RP in online games equally enjoyable. It depends on the setting and attitudes of the people involved. I have played games where RP is not very common or supported. I have heard that in WoW, it is much more common, what with there being RP specific servers.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: In the brief time I have played WoW in the past, I was very fond of the Draenei. I am always attracted to very unique-looking humanoid races. When it comes to classes, I am more attracted to magic-based classes, and occasionally classes that use heavy armor, especially if they have healing capabilities. I am quite likely to look into playing a Paladin, but I might try a new race.

What are your expectations of this server?: I'm expecting to have a great time. A few friends invited me here, knowing I came out of some unpleasant role play experiences in Aion, which I have just recently left. They know I enjoy RP and enjoy it as much as I do, so they suggested I come here. They told me it's a great community here and that I will likely really enjoy the RP here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: The specified rules about role playing appeal to me the most. This may sound cliche, but I can honestly appreciate placing emphasis on keeping consistent with the lore of the role play's setting. I have seen too many situations in which people have tried to skirt around the lore of a setting, causing their characters to either be overpowered or completely unbelievable. I also feel that RP should not fail to include anyone or make anyone feel awkward.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: (The following "story" is an excerpt from an original role play of mine, following an original story, hence the strange names mentioned.)

Three
years ago marked the most fateful day in the Ivinian Kingdom's history.
On that day, Ivina was as lively as ever, teeming with newcomers fresh
from across the sea. They had, like so many others, made the choice to
enjoy the prosperity of the Ivinian Kingdom and accept King Razhel as
their ruler, abandoning their homes and customs. For many of them, life
in Rayn, as the Ivinians had shaped it, offered a clean slate and the
promise of a wealthy life.

It was on the first day of a new year
when the flames poured without warning from the lush, green earth,
rising up around the sturdy walls of the castle, and Ivina was plunged
into violent chaos. Figures cloaked in black, moving like living shadows
around the castle's walls, moved amidst the chaos like swarms of ants.
As innocent people fell dead, they closed in on the castle. Panicked,
the castle's guards collected themselves as best as it could, helplessly
raising swords against the swarm of cloaked mage-assassins, but their
plated armor could not save them from the strange magic that seemed to
pull their very souls from their bodies.

As the flames pulled
themselves back into the earth, leaving the land charred and dead around
the city, the surviving soldiers guarding the castle began moving. They
sent out a team to request help from Tirra and Yuan, bringing any
survivors to the temple to be healed. It was not until it was far too
late that King Razhel himself was found slumped upon his throne, dead, a
dagger buried in his chest.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: To clarify, though I am rather new to WoW, I am doing my best to read and catch up with the detail's of the lore and history of the game before I think up a character. I hope to do my best, despite being new, and look forward to meeting other role players here.
Howdy, Leeny, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you for your patience and for your story! :) Which friends recommended you to CotH?

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!