Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Brief Introduction to Selvaron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm nineteen years old and a junior in college. My major is Graphic Design and my minor is communications. I have a part time job and live in a rent house with four other people. I've played video games for nearly my entire life, as far back as I can remember. I've played Dungeons and Dragons on and off since I was fourteen, and DM'd my own sessions. I've always preferred a "role-play over roll-play" ruleset in my games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in the US and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The first online game I played was Everquest back when I was ten or eleven. I didn't play much, but I enjoyed it enough. I ended up playing a little on the PS2 as well before switching to WoW in high school for a few months. I played on and off throughout high school and just recently picked it back up when my housemates told me about a different private server they were on.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Honestly, I Googled "Private World of Warcraft Roleplay Servers" or something similar. I enjoy playing the game itself, but I feel a little empty when I create a character for a game like Warcraft and don't ever get to live that character out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm most familiar with paragraph-style roleplay, sent back and forth. I've got...about nine years of experience in that specifically. I'm also familiar with roleplay in Dungeons and Dragons type games, and although I have little experience in an MMO setting, I'd like to learn it as well.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I absolutely love playing priests. I don't know why, because I get frustrated when I can't solo, but priests just feel like home to me. I'm also partial to shamans.
My favorite race is the Draenei. Aside from the appeal of how the character looks, I like the overall feel of the character-- the accent, the attitude, and the atmosphere. If I don't end up playing a Draenei Priest, however, I'll end up playing a Night Elf Priest. I just like Priests.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A community feel where I can feel comfortable playing my character casually in my free time is what I'm looking for. I'm not fond of holier-than-thou roleplayers that feel as if they're better than me because they devote all their time to the tiniest details when I just want to have a good time in character.
I'm also looking for some friendly people I can chat with, even if that chat extends past in-game places. I like making friends onli
ne.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. I'm perfectly willing to address an issue with someone else so long as they're mature about it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((This was an introduction asked of me by a friend, kind of an American McGee's Alice feel.))

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don’t do anything at all

“Come, now, Alice. It’s been much too long, now.” Long fingers wrapped lightly around the sheets, gathering them up to tug them off a thin body. Thirty two year old Alice Liddell’s blue eyes rose to meet her sister Lorina’s and the youngest sister released a soft sigh.
“Lory,” she spoke, her broken voice nearly a murmur from lack of use. Her once bright and cheerfully tuned speech was monotonous and dull. “I only want to be left alone.”
“But Alice, the doctor says you have to see him once a week, and---“
“I don’t care what the doctor says!” Her voice was harsh, now, making the eldest of the Liddell sisters take a step back in surprise. “I’m not going back there!”
Lorina Liddell let out a sigh. “Very well. Where is Edith…?” It wasn’t a question to Alice, but to herself as she swept from the room.

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you’re going to fall
Tell them a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call

“No!” Alice Liddell’s shrieks were heard throughout the asylum as she tore ferociously at the straps holding her to the long metal table. “You can’t make me go back there! I won’t!”
“It’s worse than we thought. She suffers delusions…” the doctor turned to the only other two surviving members of the Liddell family, Lorina and Edith, Alice’s older and younger sisters, respectively. “We will hold her overnight.” The eldest sister gave a simple nod before removing herself and Edith from the room.
Alice snarled, throwing all of her body strength into pulling hard at her bonds. It was futile, however- the straps holding her were too tight, and too strong. She put up a fight for hours, what felt like eternity, before collapsing, exhausted. She vaguely registered the feel of water passing her cracked lips, her wrists and ankles rubbed raw from the rough leather of the straps. After a few minutes and a few quiet noises from somewhere in the room, Alice blinked her eyes open.

When the men on the chessboard get up
And tell you where to go
And you’ve just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice; I think she’ll know

The room she was in was drab and plain. The only other things present were a radio on the opposite corner of the room, sitting on a table, and a camera mounted on the ceiling, pointed directly at her. There was music playing from the radio, an orchestral track that, thanks to the terrible reception and quality of the machine, was distorted and warped. It filled Alice’s mind, crawling and worming its way into the recesses of her brain. She opened her mouth to let out a scream of anguish, but nothing happened—she had lost her voice sometime during the struggle, she didn’t know when. Her eyes sliding closed once more, Alice succumbed to the music and her tiredness. A flash of white passed across her senses, and it looked rabbit-shaped as it bounded off…

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen’s ‘off with her head’
Remember what the dormouse said—
Feed your head.

A whirlwind of color and light crossed her. There was a sensation of falling, and it lasted an eternity. Falling and falling and… touchdown. With a light click, black heels touched linoleum. Alice stood, feeling life rush through her body. She felt strong, light, thin. Opening her eyes slowly, Alice found herself in front of a mirror, and her eyes clouded with confusion for a moment. One hand reached up to touch her cheek, long, black-painted nails dragging lightly over her smooth skin. She appeared nineteen again, just as she looked the last time she—
All thought was shoved from her mind as she whirled around. “Wonderland.” She breathed, looking out over the familiar landscape. Her nose wrinkled slightly as she immediately spotted a few differences- mostly overgrowth, as if the place was slightly less habited than when she was… God, it had been thirteen years since she had been here. She turned back to the mirror, and was allowed one last glance at her nineteen-again body before the mirror itself vanished, leaving her with a view of the entrance to the Tulgey Wood. She looked father, beyond the darkened woods, to see the Red Queen’s castle rising up beyond, and made the decision then and there that the only path forward was through the woods. “I rather wouldn’t like to deal with the Jabberwocky today,” she spoke aloud to herself, a habit she held through her life, “But it will be the only way to find out where I am. If I remember right, the garden should be withheld in these woods,” a slight pause in her speech, and Alice began walking forward, her heels still clicking lightly against the dirt floor in a strange reminiscence of linoleum, “But then again, Wonderland is never the same twice. I do wonder if I shall see Rabbit again.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Thanks so much for your time.
[Image: cheshire-cat.jpg]

Welcome Welcome! :)

I did indeed see the edit over there so you're all set to go. Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already. If you can't find an answer to your questions there, feel free to PM anyone with a purple or green name down there in the "Who's Online" list.

Also be sure to type "/join chat" (for the serious stuff) and "/join barrens" (for funny stuff) in-game for our global channels. You'll also find that items can be added to your inventory simply with the ".add rp" command. Lookin' forward to seeing you in game!
Thanks so much Aroes.

Quick questions. Is there a specific add-on for roleplay that a majority of the server uses? And is there a link that can tell me more about the ".add rp" command?
Much of the server uses TRP2 and more info on the item commands can be seen here.
If you're looking for various add-ons that are used to various extents on the server, I'd suggest you look here!