Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Illyriel's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello! My name is Laura! I'm 20 years old, and I like video games! World of Warcraft was my first love when I took the step into gaming, but I also enjoy games such as Portal, League of Legends, Dungeon Defenders and couple others. While I still played retail WoW, I took active part in all the aspects of the game; pve, pvp and RP (my personal favourite). While I wasn't a big boss around the roleplaying circles on the two servers I ever played on, I took part in the roleplaying events, and enjoyed watching my character grow through the years I played.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the cold land of Finland, and finnish is my primary language. I'm quite fluent with english though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I never played the original Warcraft games, and World of Warcraft I began playing during the Burning Crusade expansion. When I was 14, I had a friend who played WoW, and one day in school buss I decided to ask her about this weird fantasy game she had mentioned a few times. My mother had recently bought me my first own laptop too, so off I went and made myself a trial account. I made a night elf druid called Sheyran, and was utterly confused by the starting area. There I was, auto-hitting boars for two hours, listening to the pretty music. Then I figured that I could also use Wrath. x)

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I simply googled "World of Warcraft private roleplaying server", went through a few websites and decided this one looked the most attractive and 'serious', so to speak.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Oh wow, I'm not sure where to begin quite honestly. Simple tavern roleplay is relaxing, and a fairly good way to get to know others aswell, but leaving to explore or to travel to perform a task for a few days as a mercenary or a soldier is bunch of fun aswell. On the other hand, I enjoy just taking a short trip away from everything on my character, off to solitude, and maybe meet new friends on the way.

I was never good at villain RP, and I don't really enjoy it, especially because the times I tried this, the roleplaying guilds proved to be fairly petty. Though, I would welcome someone who knows their way around villain RP to show me how it's properly done, and maybe I would learn to enjoy it.
What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would have to say human paladin or a human rogue here. I have always felt paladins attractive because of their conviction and faith while being able to pull some strenght to hammer down their enemies. Rogues are a class which I find nice and versatile in roleplay. You got your sneakyness and stealth fit for spying and thieving, but on the other hand, you could just be a bloke who knows their way around with blades. Okay, I -guess- you could say the same about many other classes, this is just my personal opinion.

While night elves intrigue me, I find them very difficult to be roleplayed well. Humans are very relaxed (so to speak) in comparison to them, and while they aren't mysterious and interesting in similar way as night elves are, I just feel more natural while playing a human sitting in a tavern, sipping some ale and chatting up with friends.
What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, a friendly, reasonable roleplaying community is what I'm looking for, who respect the lore and the universe.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule about respect. Out there on the retail servers and on other private servers aswell, you see alot of people treating eachother like they would be the lowest scum on the earth. I don't like to watch that kind of behavior or it being tolerated, so I'm more than pleased when something such as this is emphasized.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It was fairly late evening when Kathyn was making her way back to the inn. Her clothes, consisting out of simple, dark leather boots, dark cloth pants and white linen shirt were soaked after standing in the rain for so long. She had stood so long at the docks as the ship from Northrend returned, searching through the faces of the soldiers returning home. A spark of hope was lit within her heart when she saw a few familiar faces. They were her father's friends. Some of them had sit in the same table with her and her father in Pig and Whistle long ago, back in the good old days. She would drink juice when the adults around her were drinking ale, joking and laughing loudly. She remember the way her father had turned to smile widely at her, his eyes glimmering from joy.
She wouldn't get any comfort from these people though. They greeted her only shortly, before rushing to embrace their own families.
Finally, only the ships crew and a few officers remained. There were some citizens still on the docks aswell, all of their faces desperate. Kathyn was one of them. An officer stepped forward, pulling out a parchment from his satchel. "The list of our fallen comrades." He spoke out with a clear voice. A name after a name went in from Kathyn's left ear and came out from her right. Her father's name was not there. He wasn't dead.

After the list was through, most of the remaining people slowly turned, a lot of them weeping or holding tears, returning to their homes. Kathyn remained, and after hesitating for a moment, she walked up to the officer, looking up at him. "Excuse me, sir.. But you wouldn't have knowledge of my father, would you? His name is Barryn Darkwood, and.. and he should have returned on this ship.." she mumbled the words out almost too quietly for the man to hear. These kind of men in fancy uniforms had always made her a little nervous. The officer remained quiet for a moment, before letting out a sigh. "I cannot say much about your father. I'm sorry to inform you, but he went missing in Icecrown. We haven't been able to confirm his fate, but.." the man's voice went quiet, and Kathyn nodded, trying to swallow her tears. She turned around, heading back to Stormwind, not noticing the rain that had started to pour.

She made her way to the inn, and as she stepped in, she was greeted with the sounds of people chattering and laughing. Someone was even singing. She guessed that many had come to celebrate the return of their loved ones. Kathyn made her way through the crowded room, quietly greeting the bartender before heading up the stairs to her room. She peeled off the wet clothes on her, and pulled out large, old sleeping robes. The fabric felt soft and cozy against her skin. She then crawled into her bed, and if her thoughts wouldn't have been so full of theories of what might have happened to her father, she would have enjoyed the warmth of her bed. She lay awake hours after hours, sunken into her thoughts. And as she finally fell asleep, her dreams were filled with her father disappearing into the snows of Northrend.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, nothing much else than that I'm really looking forward to getting to try roleplaying on the server! :)
Oh and sorry for the angsty story. ^^''
Howdy Illyriel. Name's Xigo, I'm one of the GMs here on CotH.

I've never really been a fan of roleplaying a villain alongside other players myself. It just seems to bring up drama. But that's just me. If you got any questions, feel free to ask any of the GMs.

I suggest taking a look at our rules, policiesand these, to steal a phrase from my fellow New Yorker, "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

Hope you enjoy your stay!
Thank you alot! :) Hoping to get online soon, though I have to fix around with my client first!