Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Fred's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Greetings my name is Frederik, I am 18 years old (from March) and I enjoy playing video games a lot. I have been playing games for as long as I can remember. I play everything, RTS, FPS, MMO. you name the genre and I have played it. I have been playing the retail WoW since vanilla and have been very active ever since, but not only with WoW. Right now I switch between several games to keep me intertained while I am not playing for my american football team or at the gym. I have been a hybrid of PvP and PvE in WoW from the start, but I eventually got caught in RP'ing at the end of WoltK through a friend and I have addded that to my activities in WoW ever since.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from Denmark, born dane. So of course I speak danish as my primary langauge, but I have had english for 8 years now and I just finished studying abroad in the US in North Carolina for 10 months. I am fluent, even with an american accent now (which my friends find funny). I also speak a bit of german, but that is limited.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I started playing WoW because my brother showed it to me when I was... 11 or 12 I think, played it ever since. Warrior and Lock and the primary.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I found you through my friend Illyriel (Laura) who was bragging about how darn awesome this server is. She eventually got me persuaded. And, well. Here I am, hoping that I will be accepted into your RP paradise.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all the roleplay I can get my hands on, I am not that experience with a lot of action and danger rp, because I have not been so lucky to find guild with a lot of that. The thing I do enjoy the most is fighting and action, I "sparred" a lot with some guildies who were in control of the Pig n' Whistle in Stormwind.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race has to be the orc, and then combine it with the warrior class. There is just something about a big brutish killing machine with giant axes that appeal to me, it feels natural in some way even though I am a very gentle and behaved individual :D . I have played warrior since vanilla and still play it today. I played warlock for the end game raiding in WotlK, but of course I didnt leave my warrior out.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Well, hopefully some really entertaining RP with my friends and meeting new people with the same interests as me.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Deffinetly the first rule: Respect. I respect everyone that respect me, I give the same treatment that I want myself. Simple as that, it is just how I am raised and it stuck with me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It is said that in ancient history that the creator of the world as we know it is called “Jord”. Jord had a brother who was called “Ild”, they had decided that they would create a world for a series new pets they had come up with. Jord and Ild created a big ball of dirt and clay and formed and shaped it to look like they wanted it to.

For days Jord worked on shaping and creating every little detail in the new world, he didn’t allow his brother to do a lot of the work. There was a problem though, the younger brother Ild did not agree with how Jord had shaped the looks of the new world. Ild thought it was too caring and it was a place where only weak things could live, it was too caring and he didn’t like the thing that Jord called “water”.

While Jord rested after he had created the perfectly safe world for the pets, Ild shaped the world into a sphere instead of it being flat, he created dangerous tall mountains in on it, made different climates in the world, the deepest sees, the frozen tundra’s and the hot deserts. When Jord woke back up and saw what Ild had done to the world he had created he was mad.

“It is way too dangerous to put anything in that world, and your changes had made it hard for even the strongest creature to survive! Why would you make it like that?” yelled Jord.

“It makes it more exciting! If everything is just flat and all nice and dandy there is no fun for them, there will be nothing to do. Trust me, it is a good idea” said Ild to try to defend his own creations.

“Putting them in danger and luring them into doing daring things is not right! Remove these things at once.”

As Jord once again left, Ild was standing and looking at world.

“I’ll show him…” Ild started to think of how he could annoy Jord even more by making the world more unsafe, he made what he called “tsunami’s”, “hurricanes”, “earthquakes” and “tornados” on places around the climate, the new phenomenon’s wreaked havoc and destruction on the new world.

When Jord found out what his brother had done he was enraged with the additions to his other daring creations.
“If you cannot help me create a safe world you shall not be here, I have no use of your evil and irresponsible acts! Go away from this place, far away so that I will not be exposed to your stupidities!”

Ild left with the last words: “Oh you will see what I can create, just watch”.

Ild left and never returned. Days had passed and Jord kept thinking of what he could add before creating something living on the world, he decided to make miniature versions of himself, both male and female. He made all sorts of animals, each giving them a specific function where they all depended on each other.

Suddenly the world was illuminated by the brightest light Jord had ever seen. Instantly he knew who or what I came from. Ild must have made his very own world, but from afar it looked angry as if it was fueled by the pain and agony. It illuminated strong warmth, which actually gave Jords world heat and light, maybe his brother could be used after all. When he had put the finishing touches to his world, he let the additions that his brother had made stay, in hope they could be of use if they were controlled by him. Alas, he named his world “Earth” and sat back and watched every animal’s every move and kept up a fine balance of things happening.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I will have a lot of social RL things to attend to ( Beer ), especially after being away from my home country for 10 months now (came back June 21st). I will be prioritizing my RL things over everything. I bet I still will be an active member of course, otherwise I wouldnt do this.
Howdy, Lemoman/Fred, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Happy to have you -- welcome back to Denmark! Take your time getting into the swing of things: RL definitely comes first, and I know I'd have me quite the shindig when I came back. Whereabouts in North Carolina were you? My people hail from Charlotte (though I don't live there anymore).

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

I suggest taking a gander at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
Yaaaaay, Frederiiiiik! /pounce

Quote: I am fluent, even with an american accent now (which my friends find funny)
*giggles*

Quote: it feels natural in some way even though I am a very gentle and behaved individual.
Suuuuure...
I lived on the outskirts of Winston-Salem. Played high school football at MT. Highschool. It was so awesome. :D
GAWGWESBGA, still no bloody Norwegia- Hello, there! Welcome to the server! I'm Rowgen, one of the two Norwegians we have here. :D
Hey, hey Rowgen. We got whole Scandinavia collected.