Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: 'ello? - Srodan's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello there reader, I'm 17 years old, and they call me Srodan on the internet, and I play video games, because video games are for cool kids.
I've played a lot of WoW in my 17 years, been in a progressive raiding guild, but instead of farming in my free time, I went and tried out roleplaying on an RP server.
Long story short, I've been kicked out of the guild for missing raiding schedule because I was too busy conquering azeroth on my Rp characters.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Hungary, and I mostly live in Hungary, of course when I don't live in Austria. My mother tongue is Hungarian, but as you see, I can't speak english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My uncle corrupted my childhood with video games and tabletop roleplaying.
Oh god, I loved playing Warcraft 2 and 3.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend told me about the server, but I have no clue what name he uses here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Whatever I happen to be in.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race: Blood elf
Class: Rogue
Why? It was at first sight, when I first laid eyes on the second campaing screen of frozen throne, ever since then, they are my favourite.
And why rogue..? Becuase rogues do whatever they please.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Decent roleplaying community.... Maybe..?
I can only hope that it exists..

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
No godmoding, metagaming or powergaming. <--- please, be true.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Oh no, I suck at this.. Whatever, I SHALL SING THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE:

It was a cold, harsh night in Eversong Forest, when our hero, Cythiel Flarebloom, the young apprentice was on his way to Silvermoon, from Fairbreeze Village.
After the evening spent with his newly found female companion, Valoria (Sadly, our hero doesn't remember her last name), he was quite pleased with himself, slowly strolling towards the city.
What he didn't know, is that the turn of events of this night will soon be changed, by something unexpected.
After passing the bridge, north from Fairbreeze Village, Cythiel heard an unnerving rustle from the nearby bushes, but he didn't pay too much attention to it.
But he should have, at the moment he passed the bushes, a beast so horrible climbed out of it, that the most fearsome orc would have started crying, from the mere sight of this ambomination.
It didn't take too long before the vicious beast see the opportunity to strike the poor apprentice, it started rushing, and suddenly jumped on his prey, grabbing the leg of Cythiel.
Cythiel looked down instanteniously, as he felt the pain on his legs, and saw the beast that was hanging from his leg. As a reaction, he snapped his finger and teleported a few miles ahead of the beast, letting it drop on the ground in suprise. He started running with all his might, but when he tried to look back at the beast who was already closing up on him, he tripped, and fell on the rock road.
As he turned around after the fall, the beast was already at his legs, and it quickly jumped on him, punding his chest with it's paws, while circling around, trying to find the most vital spot.
The beast reached it's goal, and found the softest spot on our hero's chest, and it laid down on him. Cythiel's eyes were already teary, and his nose felt like it's about to explode, when he heard faint footsteps
in the distance, and as he looked up, he could barely see the girl that was coming towards him from all the tear that was in his eyes. The girl stopped at him, and looked at Cythiel with anxiety, and nervously lifted the cat that rested on his chest "How many times have I told you not to randomly follow strangers when we go out on walk, Fluffles? Next time, I swear I'll put a collar on yo--". At this moment, Cythiel
sneezed loudly, and the girl shifted her sight from the cat to the blood elf lying in front of her. "Oh my, oh my, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Fluffles have always been too friendly to strangers, but I didn't know it could turn out like this" the girl said nervously. Cythiel could hardly understand what she was saying, but he stood up and dusted himself off, between sneezing and wiping his tears. "Oh dear sunwell, you look horrible, I can't let you go home alone like this" the worried girl said, while our hero already smiled slyly, knowing that this night might not turn out so horrible, after all.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Thank you for reading my stupid introduction, and I hope you'll find it decent enough to give me an account, and sorry for any typos in the story :>
Oh my God! It's a Srodan! Well, hello there, Srodan. I'm Sol, one of the fancy new Trial GMs here on CotH, and I'm just poking my head in to tell you that your introduction has been approved with extreme prejudice! BASK IN IT! BASK IN THE GLORY OF YOUR APPROVAL!

Anyway, I'm pleased to be the one welcoming you to the server. It's always nice to see another player in a European timezone in a predominantly North American server, because it means somebody I can RP with without staying up to silly hours of the night! :D I'm sure you'll fit in just fine here. I'm more of a Forsaken man myself, but you'll be happy to hear there's no small surplus of blood elf roleplay around these parts - they are, by and large, the most populous race on the server alongside humans.

You'll be similarly pleased to know that godmoding, metagaming and powergaming tend to be policed very well here. All characters are commonly assumed to have 'base' level of power (unless you opt to be weaker) and exceeding it is generally a big no-no. In the unlikelihood that you encounter anything of the sort, I urge you to contact somebody on the staff before you let it affect your enjoyment and your RP experience.

You seem to have studied our rules fairly well, but I encourage you to check 'em again if you're ever uncertain, and you should also chance a look at our policies and FAQs. Apart from that, you might want to look at our guide on creating a character.

Please, if you have any issues or concerns, don't hesitate to contact myself or anyone else on the team here on CotH. Keep an eye out for forum names in violet (those are our Forum Helpers), green (GMs) and red (admins) and get in touch if you have any further questions.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your time here on CotH. Stay frosty!