Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello Everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I've been playing WoW since vanilla, I have 2 85's on the normal blizzard servers, a Mage and a Shaman. I've always enjoyed roleplaying, and wished to see it more in normal WoW.(Obviously that wish was never granted :p) I've played on other roleplaying private servers in the past. And have been at the head of several Roleplaying/PvP guilds. PvP/Military roleplaying has always been my favorite style. and perhaps I can bring this new flare/style into this server.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from The USA, and I speak English, and basic spanish as a second language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I've loved warcraft since warcraft 2. I played it as a kid with my friends after school. I know the lore like the back of my hand.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I googled Private WoW roleplaying servers. Because I missed being in an RP friendly enviornment in WoW. You guys seem serious about it on your server, so I've decided to give it a shot.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

As I mentioned previously, Military/PvP roleplaying is my favorite, but I am okay with pretty much any kind of RP(as long as it isn't cybering or too wierd >.<)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race is Human, simply because I feel as though I have to "rep my own race" :p. As I said my main is a Mage, and I have a shaman as well. But my favorite classes to RP are Warriors or Paladins.

What are your expectations of this server?:

A mature enviornment with friendly players that share my interest in in-game lore.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I like that your not an instant bump to 80 server. However the option is there once a player is deemed trustworthy. I think this is a good system to allow new players to get a feel for the server, yet keeps trolls and "unserious" players out.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The green fields rolled in waves before the small company of soldiers. Relenarth allowed himself, for a moment, to daydream of home, and the fields of Westfall that shared the same characteristic. He dreamed of the plow horses laboring away collecting the latest harvest, of scarecrows gently rocking in the breeze. Relenarth snapped back into reality just in time to realize his own horse, Jericho, was drifting out of the ranks, and off the path, as was its bad habit. He gave the reigns a quick jerk, and muttered some angry words into Jericho's ear in order to get him back on track. "You looked like you were falling asleep for a second there." A second soldier next to Relenarth chuckled at him. "Thinking of home." Relenarth muttered, glancing at his fellow swordsman. By his size, Relenarth knew him to be Ditheron. A 6 foot 4 monster of a knight from Elywn Forest.
"I think we all are." he sighed. "I could really go for a McClure boar pie right about now." he said, patting his belly.
Relenarth ignored Ditheron, as he began to rabble on about how the McClures had the best boar meat in the Eastern Kingdoms. He managed to zone out watching the wind tug at Jericho's mane, he'd always found that just watching his horse walk relaxed him. The rythmic bobbing of the saddle as Jericho trotted onward reminded him of being rocked to sleep as a toddler. Relenarth looked around, the grass was beginning to darken. And he knew the company was now entering the Hillsbrad Foothills, and nearing their objective. Southshore had gone dark almost a month ago, and it was believed that they may be suffering a famine of some sorts, and were unable to send a runner. Relenarth thought that explanation to be a bit shifty at best. But he wasn't sure what to expect upon arriving, so he allowed himself to just accept the shoddy excuse.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hey there, Jerry! You'll be pleased to know that your introduction has been approved. I'm Sol, one of the Trial GMs here, and I'm glad to be welcoming you to CotH on behalf of our community. Great to have you!

I'll admit, I'm something of a sucker for military-themed roleplay myself. I ran a guild or two to that effect myself back on retail, and I'm running something similar now on CotH, but there's next to no actual PvP here on the server, if you're wondering. Almost all combat is carried out via descriptive emotes of conflicting characters' actions, sometimes mediated through dice rolls, sometimes left to trust. Regardless, there's plenty of RP to be had if your tastes lend themselves to as much - plenty of RP in general, really! :P My main on retail was a human paladin, so I can relate to you liking to play those, too. I'd encourage you to roll up characters of other races on the server, though, as RP isn't restricted here by factional language barriers and the like. Possibilities are endless!

You've already had a look at our rules, but I suggest you doublecheck them. It never hurts to be certain! Our policies and frequently asked questions should also help you clear up any concerns that you might have, but if there are any further issues, don't hesitate to contact me or anyone else with a green or purple forum name, as these mark out staff members. If you ever need a GM when you're in the game, remember that you can use the .gm ingame to see a list of whoever might be available and get in touch with them quickly.

Drop me a line in-game or on the forums if you've got any other questions and I'll be happy to help you. In the meantime, get out there and RP! Stay frosty! :D
I PvP...
Thanks for the warm welcome :D Truth be told due to a mishap with the enter button, my story got cut short before the action. So....uh...*insert ambush with slightly depressing moments where several characters die* hehe.

Hope to see you in-game!