Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: One other introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I am a 20 years old student with a love for(and an urge to write) good stories and plots, things which I guess translate into my love for role playing. Sadly, tabletop rpgs never made it big where I live, and no other close acquaintance shares the love for rpgs in any fashion whatsoever, so I had to turn to the internet.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Dominican Republic. My mother tongue is Spanish, but I like to think I can write English as well as any American or British person.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I've been interested in the setting for a long while, but I never really got far into any of the single-player games. You'll probably find my knowledge of the lore is a bit lacking because of this, but I entertain myself reading the wow wiki every once in a while, and thus any batches I now have will probably be gone soon enough. Probably sooner if I start playing here.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Why, what drew me to the server was the rpg aspect, of course. Games like WoW have so much potential for role-playing, its a bit sad most people just powergame their way through.

As for how I found you all, well, Google.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I do believe I am better at one-on-one roleplaying, since I don't feel as... pressured? But I really enjoy all kinds of situations. Its no fun to always do the same things, after all.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I enjoy the story of the Forsaken a lot. A priestly forsaken is a nice little bundle of potentially interesting situations. That being said, I really favor no class in the way I favor the forsaken.

What are your expectations of this server?:

A fun place to be. I don't know... One where community counts more than numbers and being first in the ranks or whatever.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I... well, ok, honestly I had not checked, but I'll do that now... And get a bit more familiar with the timeline while at it.

Hrm, ok. The 'no powergaming, godmodding or such' rule is very good. They are necessary for any good role-play to come about, but I've seen places where they are the more noticable for their absence.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

She opened her eyes on the fourth day, but did not immediatelly move. In fact, she did not so much as change expression. The stolen peace of death inhabited her face still, and next to that her now luminous eyes seemed but feebly so.

He wondered what went on beneath..

Behind him, other makeshift graves were even now being discovered. An ever growing, even staggering number of corpses. All forsaken. All abandoned to their fate. And now returning for vengeance.

"Thought you do not seem too bent on it," he mused, looking her way again. Her expression was placid, serene. It did not become one such at her, who by the looks of it had died such a bloody death.

He shuddered, thinking. Where exactly had all these corpses come from? Plains stretched to all sides, with no suggestion of town, village or hamlet. What had... no, it was pretty clear what the scourge had done to them. B-but for just how long?
Again, he shivered, and then it started to rain.

Forsaken. The word came unbidden to his mind, and almost reflexively he studied her face again. Her luminous ey- Uh? Her sockets were empty. More. They were black. He could have swore... but perhaps...
"Forsaken," an oddly grating, oddly fluid voice said, and it seemed a calling.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello, Maxiart, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Quote:I enjoy the story of the Forsaken a lot. A priestly forsaken is a nice little bundle of potentially interesting situations. That being said, I really favor no class in the way I favor the forsaken.

We-he-hell have I got a guild for you! The Black Harvest is not only our largest guild, but it is also a "Fist of Sylvanas" led by Executor Jared Richter (Also known as Sol). If that is something you'd like to look into and learn more about I'm sure Sol would be delighted to answer any questions you might have!

I suggest taking a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM (Or Trial GMs) and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
Yeah, welcome ^^ Black Harvest IS the reference Forsaken guild. :3