Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Whiteman's Chapeu and Hair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you might have guessed by the title, I've noticed a curious thing about the eponymous hat Whiteman's Chapeau in that one of its recolors - the Windchanneler's Miter, doesn't have the default hat behavior of hiding hair. It's unique in this; none of the other recolors of that model share that behavior. What I'd like to know is, would it be possible to make custom items that are simple recolors of the Windchanneler's Miter, or somehow allow hair to be shown? The models look quite ridiculous without it - and there are NPCs ingame with these hats that do show hair. I'm personally interested in Whitemane's Chapeau and the Gossamer Headpiece worn by Whitemane's famous expy, but there are several additional recolors that may benefit from the treatment as well.

Please tell me this is possible. I am more than willing to grovel, if need be.
I would very much like more hats that allow hair on as well. /thumbs-up.
Hats showing hair is completely dependent on the model of the item. The only way you can really determine this is a) finding NPCs with hats that have their hair show through, or b) use WMV to go through the various hat models and see which ones have the character's hair showing through.
Thanks for the quick response, Kret!
(And for the support, Flammos.)

There are, in fact, two NPCs with their hair showing that display two colors of the hats. These are High Inquisitor Whitemane (Red) and Argent Confessor Paletress (White).

Is it possible to make their versions of the headgear obtainable by players?

...On that note, would it be possible to get Paletress' bracers and gloves, as well? I'm attempting to replicate the Argent Confessor uniform for an upcoming character, and the gloves and bracers with that texture and color aren't obtainable by players.