Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm an avid player of all types of games, console and computer, and i really enjoy RPing in WoW. I generally enjoy hanging out in cities and calmly conversing with other players rather than venturing out into the unknown on some epic quest. Not saying i don't occasionally do it, just not often. I've got a couple of roleplaying ideas that i'm anxious to try out, and the other servers i've been on aren't very RP-friendly.
What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Florida, USA. I speak English, and I know a little German.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I figured if everyone else was playing WoW I should at least give it a try. Turns out, I loved it. A couple of my friends were bugging me about trying it too, so I just caved in and played.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was displeased with the last server I was on and their intolerance of RPing, so I googled it and Conquest looked like the best choice.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy being social and frequently find myself drawn to conversing with strangers in taverns. Beer Anyway, I generally dont engage in PVP and make my characters somewhat tolerant of the other faction. I also rarely go on large adventures or raids unless im with people I frequently RP with.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is probably Worgen, I liked the werewolf idea and always appear in my wolf form. Class is probably Druid, I like the idea of a peaceful class, and they're very versatile and in my opinion make pretty good casters that aren't completely helpless when enemies get into melee range. I also rationalize that my Worgen has complete control over his transformations due to him being a druid. Still, I like to leave a little room for internal conflict.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm just looking for a good RP community with some unique ideas and nice people. Also looking for some guilds to be social with and nice tavern conversation.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The maturity part, love it. There's nothing I hate more than immature people that get into pointless arguments because they can't take a hit to their pride.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Here's a story I came up with off the top of my head, hope it's long enough:

Deep underground, in a dark cavern under a mountain, a large stone object rests against the wall. It was made of a dark, black stone that emits scorching amounts of heat, melting the cavern around it. This stone began to shake, slowly cracking and crumbling away, revealing what appeared to be a person. This was anything but however, the creature stood, unbound from it's eternal prison and glanced around the cavern. It's black stone armor slowly forming into a proper shape around it's body, it slowly began to walk down the dark tunnel before it. The fiery glow of it's eyes illuminating the path as it continued on its path, it pondered it's reason for existence. "Where am I? What am I?" It thought as it traversed the dark cave. "Why do I exist?" Then it became clear, it was an elemental being of earth, the very embodiment of stone. It was created by the Great Phoenix, that lived further down in this cavern. "That is why I was locked away, I refused to do it's bidding." The Being recalled, hesitantly nearing the Great Phoenix's underground Nest. Then it emerged, into a great expanse of lava and fire, the very core of the Earth, and within it, the Great Phoenix. The bird raised it's head, astonished by the elemental's presence. The mighty Phoenix quickly spread its magnificent wings and took flight across the cavern, circling around to attack the being. The Elemental drew his mighty sword and and instantly it was ablaze with orange flames. The Elemental leaped over to the Phoenix and grabbed it's talon. It scrapped the sword along it's stomach, causing an inferno of fiery feathers to fall in a pool of blood. The bird screeched in pain as it struck the Elemental off of it's foot. The Elemental grasped it's chest as the armor fell away, revealing a molten core. Enraged, it began to hurl chunks of rock at the Phoenix. As it began to retreat to the other end of the cavern, the Elemental threw it's sword, piercing the Phoenix's forehead. It leaped again, this time to the bird's face, and drew it's sword from the Phoenix. It stood, watching the bird's decent as it slowly disintegrated into ashes. The Elemental sheathed it's sword and walked over to the ashes. It grasped them in its hand, gazing at it's captor's defeat, then it plunged the ashes deep into its core, feeling the essence of fire flow through it. Flames began to dance around it as it absorbed the ashes. "I am fire incarnate! I alone rule the earth! No... I am the earth!" It thought as the dancing flames manifested into burning wings on its back. It flicked it's wrist and a stone platform rose from the flowing lava below. It walked to the top of the platform and shoved its sword into the center. "I shall bind my consciousness with this very planet, I will ascend to godhood!" It shoved its sword further into the platform. The Elemental knelt before the sword, and grasped its hilt firmly with its hand. "Obey!" It poured its essence through the blade and into the earth, binding their souls together. The Elemental and the Earth had bonded into one being, tasked with watching over it's inhabitants. Forever protecting and nurturing the life on earth. Until the end of time.
Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

No, i'm just looking forward to having a great time and meeting new people.
Hello, Frozenamp, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! AHA! Another Floridian! We have quite the number of Floridians on the server (I'm a transplant from Southwest Florida, myself).

On the topic of Worgen, at present the server is at Wrath of the Lich King so we do not have Worgen available. However! Upon gruntship, you may try to apply for a CMC of a Worgen.

In addition to the above links, I suggest taking a look at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM (Or Trial GMs) and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!