Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Augmentations, Cybernetics, and GEP Guns - A question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I wasn't sure where else to put this, so I'm gonna put it here and hope that it's in the right location.

From perusing WoW retail many years ago, I saw such... lovely creatures like these.

[Image: Sal%27salabim.jpg]

This one is especially charming:

[Image: Grobbulus.jpg]

And Thaddius, but I can't get an image, because WoWWiki is being a pain.

I thought to myself, augmentations, cybernetics and biomechanical limbs exist in WoW?

Then why aren't they available to players, or on Goblins?

It'd be awesome if at least Goblin players could have a saw arm, at the expense of not having an off-hand / two hander. Then I realized Blizzard aren't that intelligent to implant such a good idea.

So, my question now is... can players on CoTH ICly (and maybe OOCly if someone can make a model) have augmentations of any kind?
Yep! Lot's of tinkers do, and with Technomages it's even better; you can have arcane/engineering limbs and stuff. Flammos' Brenika is practically half a robot.
Augmentations are allowed, just getting a model change for them is a bit excessive. Mechanical limbs, on CoTH, are usually just hands or forearms. Note that the complex mechanical prostheses are reserved to magic wielding classes, due to the nature of robotics in the Warcraft such tiny and complex machinations, such as a fully functioning mechanical hand, is only viable through use of arcane, or in some cases Fel (to be technical, Fel is a different form of arcane, but that escapes the point entirely!), manipulation.
This manner of augmentation is only available to Technomages, who can power, operate and manipulate their mechanical limbs through their magical affinity for machinery. If anyone else tries to slap on a prosthetic, it'd be like having a piece of metal on the stump of your arm, because prosthetics in Warcraft are still nowhere near as responsive to the user as they are in real life.

They exist, sure, but you kind of need magic to make them of any use. Demons and Scourge constructs get a free pass with it because they're inherently magical creatures.