Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jousting and rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was thinking about hosting a joust at some point, and wanted to know if there are already rules out there so I'm not reinventing the wheel.
There are no pre-set rules to jousting, but I have made up my own in this thread.

Quote:JOUSTING:

Spoiler:
The last competition, which is a combat sport. Players ride on mounts (either their own or borrowed) in which they will move towards targets and then eventually each other. Like the Marksman/Magic competition, this has parts:

• PART 1 will have players ride in a straight line and aim their lance for hanging rings; they are to /roll 10 as soon as their character runs past the pole, and 5 or higher means they got the ring. Each competitor has 3 RW rounds to do this, and only those who get at least 2 rings will continue on to the next part of the event.

PART 2 will have players ride in a straight line and aim for stationary dummies; they are to /roll 10 as soon as their character runs past the dummy, and 5 or higher means the head is struck clean off. Each competitor has 3 RW rounds to do this, and only those who strike the dummies' head once will get to continue to the final part of the vent.

PART 3 will have players face one by one against each other, Horde versus Alliance. Each player has 10 HP, and they are to /roll 10 as soon as they run past each other. The lower number is struck off his/her mount, and ties automatically mean a successful hit, striking both players off their mounts. The winner of this competition is the last remaining jouster, who has struck down all his opposing faction opponents in this final round.

You can either use this or modify it to your own event. Good luck!
Well if you're going to make a jousting event, I'll be sure to come. Also, you would have to provide lances to all the players, and make sure people don't say they had their legs/thighs tied to the horse. Would the Joust be played out with a roll?
Well then , I would like to throw this rule idea down see what people think.

Every jousting bout would be made up of 5 points. First player to reach 5 point, or knock his opponent off his horse wins the bout.

1) Each player would start at either end of the jousting area. At the Tournament Masters say both player would ride to the center.

2) Once in the center, both player would roll, player with the highest roll strikes his opponent. Emotes are written and each player continues to the opposite side the started on.

3) Both players would then turn and walk back to there proper side, and go back to step 1. This continues until some one reaches five points or someone is knocked off there horse.

Other notes:

- A roll that results in a tie means both players miss
- If you crit against your opponent (Beat his roll by 50+) your opponent is knocked from their horse and you win the bout.
Sounds pretty solid! :D