Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Tainted Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: DLOny.png]

[audio]http://www.noxarcana.com/zsd2ojr4iosdj9f/03WintersKnight/19VeniVeniEmmanuel.mp3[/audio]

TL;DR

Who?
The Inquisition

Where?
Redridge Mountains

When?
First Event: 31st of July, 3 PM ST ( GMT-8 )

What?
A mixture of intense combat, moral dilemmas, laced with a current of intrigue and spiced with a flourish of tension. It will take approximately three hours.

[Image: L9nA2.png]

As The Inquisition grows gradually and the seed of an idea takes root and blossom into something more concrete, it appears that it is high time for us to ensure the sustainability of our RP. One of the preliminary drive for this in the first phase of the Guild shall be the obtainment of a solid base of operation. While it had been overused in the past, the Monastery has recently fallen into minimal utilization once again and appears to be almost perfectly appropriate for The Inquisition. Thus, this storyline shall primarily revolve around the clearance of a ruined monastery set in the Redridge Mountains.

All members of The Inquisition are welcomed, and indeed encouraged, to participate. To a certain extent, promotion and character development milestones can often be eased or found in the events that shall highlight the storyline. Those outside of The Inquisition are also welcomed to join, though in order to maintain the integrity of the storyline and the Guild's primary motives, these characters should be aligned to the Light and keep in mind that any signs of heresy or heathenism might lead to unfortunate endings.

As a divergence of the more atypical combat events, all events in The Tainted Light are in some ways experiments - trying out various styles of combat, and adding in a plethora of exciting challenges and methodologies to proceed with battle than the usual. The environment itself shall play a big role in this, along with the skill-sets of the various characters. Keep in mind that many moral dilemmas as befitting that of the morally ambiguous Inquisition shall also lace the events in the storyline, and these nuanced plots rather than the more blatant hack-and-slash shall hopefully serve to encourage characters upon the path of their own individual development.

For those in the Inquisition or are interested in participating, please post as to whether you are able to or not make it for the event at the proposed time! I do beseech your understanding in that we are trying to accommodate the largest common denominator by finding a timing that suits the greatest majority of players.
I'll be able to attend!
As I said on Skype, Zarquon, I won't be able to be at the first event! I leave on the second of August, to the sea, and won't be back until the 10th. D:

Thousands of apologies, but can't wait to be back in action.
No worries!

Running it much like a D&D adventure, I will be quite comfortable with 4-5 folks participating.
Neat! I could bring Lucille over, I think.
It is with great pride and pleasure to announce that Part One of The Tainted Light was a success! Much thanks to Rosencrat and Sol for spawning/puppeting the NPCs.

The date for Part Two is currently being decided upon.

Enough internal IC drama has been generated to last a week or more. Cheers. There are heretics within the ranks to cleanse!