Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Solace Village [Custom Patch]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Solace Village

[Image: Solace1.png]

Solace is a small extension of Dalaran, nestled in the foothills of the Storm Peaks, leading in from Crystalsong Forest. Following the fall of the Lich King and the occurrences in Ulduar and elsewhere about the northern continent, the town was established as a growth out from the comparably restrained Dalarani capitol. Placed neither for military strategy nor with any immense wealth of natural resources, the township is meant to be an extension wholly for denizens and patrons of the city-state of mages. Its focus is dedicated wholly to community and the extension of the Dalaran academy placed amongst the town.

Sunk into a valley the town is well protected from attack, doubly so with the garrison in place within it. Despite that the village has yet to see any means of combat, largely containing itself to tourism and studies of the arcane. The town effectively offers the opulence of Dalaran without the staggering height or more cramped visage of the city, built out amongst the winter landscape of the peaks.

Solace Village features the following:
-Multiple housings of various sizes; many small farmhouses, a handful of two-story estates, and three manors.
-An exterior region of Northrend-styled human buildings, including a meeting hall.
-A town hall, a barracks, two mage towers and an inn.
-Tents for those with less needs, including a larger one and a trapper's tower in the 'wilderness' areas.
-Two areas of forest.

Town Structure

Solace is divided between three branches of government; the military, the collegiate, and the community officials. The three are split between a trio of buildings located very near one another;

The Military:
A military presence is always necessary in the harsh land of Northrend; Though Dalaran is not famed of it's capacity with standard soldiers, a standing garrison of soldiers has been placed within the city keep in the center of Solace. Military tasks fall largely to the guard force.
--Players wishing to take part in the military wing of the city should apply under a special profile for a city guard, or be inducted ICly by an official.

The Collegiate:
The Dalaran academy's presence extends to Solace in the form of both mage towers within the village. While the central tower is largely confined to the administrative side of Dalaran's magocratic system, the more remote mage's tower is much more suited for instructing on both magic and crafting. While the village's government is split between three parts, the Collegiate by far commands the most respect and sway due to its direct link to Dalaran's own government.
--Players wishing to take part in the collegiate division can either enter via connection or recommendation from Dalaran (requiring no GM input) at a standard role, or be inducted by a GM or via special profile for a position of authority.
--Players wishing to be students require nothing to take the role.

The Community:
Solace caters to a large collection of homes, ranging from small farmhouses to manors; while not a major force of power within the village the communal aspect is one heavily focused upon by the town. Their only formal roles come via the town council, though many may run shops or services around the city.
--Players wishing to take part as a civilian require no GM input; there are many homes to use as residences, only make sure that you follow the typical rules of such locations-- first come, first serve.

[Image: Solace3.png]

Notes:
-Snow golems sit about the town, either as a mage's random decoration or an actual aid in shopkeeping. Some sell at the caravan wagons parked on the streets, and most have found themselves decorated by bored townsfolk to give the visage of a snowman.

Mages ask that the current golems be left alone by any visitors, and remind all that they were made by -someone-, so technically altering or stealing from a golem would be an act of vandalism or theft, respectively.

-Government officials would like to point out that while, 'yes, there is snow -everywhere', that does not make it acceptable to lob snowballs at golems, city magi, or guardsmen. Those caught doing so will be detained and send to keep a portion of the village roads clear of snow for the day. This is acknowledged as an impossible task, and officials would like to state that that is exactly the point.

-The northern wilderness has an arena built right outside the town walls; this arena is open to any wishing to fight a round, or even large tournaments. Arena bouts are never to end with death; magi on hand will be quick to shield a heavily wounded opponent if such is attempted, and the perpetrator arrested.

OOC Notes:
-Please be aware that this area is wholly made via the use of custom spawns. If you see NPCs sunk into the floors of buildings commonly you may wish to log in and out to try and fix this.

-The sky is, admittedly, rather peculiar in appearance. ICly the sky is consistent throughout the area, and there isn't a peculiar split of the clouds. This was the best skybox we could find to try and give a shaded look to the region without graphical errors that were overly distracting, so bear with us!

-The Town Council is not yet to be implemented, though it was mentioned in the above text. We will be opening the council later, if there is enough interest shown in the region.

--YOU WILL NEED THE CUSTOM PATCH TO VIEW THIS VILLAGE. Download the patch and drop it into your data folder. If you have trouble, make sure you don’t have any conflicting patches.

To get to this location go to:
RP locations [PATCH NEEDED] -> RP location Selector

Once on the platform [you’ll fall though if you don’t have the patch], choose the Solace portal, at current the only other portal visible on the platform aside from the Sun's Ascent one. It will appear as a Dalaran portal.

We're planning on hosting a bit of a 'grand opening' event shortly, so everyone is aware. We'll post more on this when we have everything ready, but until then the city has only just recently come out of construction, and is welcoming any seeking residence or a visit to the region. ICly, portals can be attained to the village through any capitol city, and flights can be taken in from other Northrend area.
I'll be looking into using this town for events in the future. But for now I strongly suggest playing in it even if only for just social stuff. It's fantastic.
Excellent, a place for Volner to hang out constantly.
It looks bloody amazing! I knew there was a reason I got a new urge to make a mage.
So ICly this town is pretty new? Would RP reflect the recent establishment of Solace?
And does "Farmhouses" imply that there are farms here, or is it just an architectural choice?

Also, YESSSS...
Erana can try to get a job here. And said attempts will be quite amusing, I bet. XD

OMG FISH TANK I didn't realize there were fish tanks in wow! :o
...I didn't realize there were pink-glazed, sprinkly donuts in WoW, either....

But yeah, Rigley, this is really incredible! Nice city planning, all the little details... And even starry curtains! I LOVE STARRY THINGS.
Seriously, though, you're making Blizzard look bad.
(08-16-2012, 12:32 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]So ICly this town is pretty new? Would RP reflect the recent establishment of Solace?
And does "Farmhouses" imply that there are farms here, or is it just an architectural choice?

Also, YESSSS...
Erana can try to get a job here. And said attempts will be quite amusing, I bet. XD

But yeah, Rigley, this is really incredible! Nice city planning, all the little details... And even starry curtains! I LOVE STARRY THINGS.

-ICly the town is -very- recent, having just completed construction likely a week prior to this post. It's new in every sense of the word!
-Farmhouse is more of the term for the small one-room house, since that's how WoW identifies them; I just called them as such for familiarity.

Though you could attempt to grow something here, the fact that snow piles up almost immediately would make that a difficult endeavor.
(08-16-2012, 12:52 PM)Rigley Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2012, 12:32 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]So ICly this town is pretty new? Would RP reflect the recent establishment of Solace?

Also, YESSSS...

-ICly the town is -very- recent, having just completed construction likely a week prior to this post. It's new in every sense of the word!
-Farmhouse is more of the term for the small one-room house, since that's how WoW identifies them; I just called them as such for familiarity.

Though you could attempt to grow something here, the fact that snow piles up almost immediately would make that a difficult endeavor.

So, there's RP opportunities for people to play as construction workers on the site? OOOH, Is there going to be a celebration for the completion of the site? Man, this is awesome!
There will indeed be a welcoming event, once we're able to plan some things out! Until then the village is still open to new residents or visitors, though.
SNOW <3
So then, seeing as you've also hinted about a guild about magical schools, will there be lessons? Say, if I wish to join with a student.. will I actually -learn- anything?

Sorry if I'm confusing, I'm tired. D:
Yes, I would like to know that as well :D
... Now we just need Mirran to be the resident drill instructor, he needs a hat, and he needs to change his last name to Hartman. He also needs to drag Dalikan in to become a council member or something.

HUZZAH!
(08-16-2012, 05:25 PM)Kira13 Wrote: [ -> ]So then, seeing as you've also hinted about a guild about magical schools, will there be lessons? Say, if I wish to join with a student.. will I actually -learn- anything, in 'college style'?

Sorry if I'm confusing, I'm tired. D:

Still interested, heavily! Please answer. D:
I personally won't be involved with any classes; if people wish to play student or instructor they may do so, however.

Regarding an opening event, it may be a bit less likely with Kret's latest announcement. Right now I'm attempting to see if the custom patch can even work on the new core, and if so what I plan to do with it should we be making the jump soon.
I love you Riggles. :B
Pages: 1 2