Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Felfire Presents: Sinner's Ball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
An OOC Note
Spoiler:
To commemorate the two month anniversary of the Felfire Club, we will be rolling out a special event this weekend. Something beyond the hum-drum lectures. Something to electrify the mood.
For your pleasure...
[Image: 34ni92e.png]

There were no invitations for this week's Felfire Club meeting. Lips, not paper, carried the news: No stuffy debates. Not for this week. There would be a ball. A chance to dance. A chance to drink. A chance to fight and kiss and love and fall, breathless, upon silk sheets with another (Or two others or three others or four...!) by your side.

People were calling it 'The Sinner's Ball.' Just as sarcastic of an event title as the club's name. But people were interested. It was something new. Something fresh.

It was a chance to forget themselves and have a little fun.

Why

I wanted to bring out something special for the two-month anniversary of the Felfire Club's founding. Through all the changes of format and style the group has remained, on the whole, true to our origional purpose.

The Sinner's Ball will be both a celebration of the Felfire Club's successful summer launch and a chance for us to settle in and enjoy the dwindling days of our freedom.

For the event we will be decorating the entirety of the Catacombs and filling the musty halls with diversions, social events and games. And at the end, to commemorate the evening, we will hold a grand costume ball.

What

In the spirit of the anniversary, the event will be composed of mini-games and social diversions that have been (for the most part) taken from past Felfire Club meetings.

Below is a list of the events, their time and a brief overview. Locations are open to change and will be announced the day of the ball.

Spoiler:
  • Opening Ceremony - Begins at 1:00 p.m. Server Time
    The Opening Ceremony will be a simple affair involving the Felfire Club's Conductress, Lady Claremont. A background of the event will be included. Bad jokes and puns will be present.
  • Man-Ticore Wrestling - Begins at 1:30 p.m. Server Time
    A combat ring will be set up in the tavern where, over a light meal and some wine, party-goers can watch friends and family battle the Man-Ticore, a well-muscled orc male (In appropriate costume) trained in the art of sensual wrestling.
  • Naked Speed Dating - Begins at 2:30 p.m. Server Time
    Lay yourself out on the line with this sinful twist to an old favorite. Participants will be stripped of all but a tabard, head item and shoes before being sent off to find their special soul-mate. How confident are you without all of that heavy armor and cloth?
  • The Sinner's Ball - Begins at 4:00 p.m. Server Time
    The Sinner's Ball is the dance that marks the conclusion of the event. Players are encouraged to come in garrish costume to get the full effect of the evening. The night's hosts will make a short speech before the ball begins before opening the floor to dancing and socialization.

Attendance of the events is not required. Events are, for the most part, designed to be entered in casually. They can also be enjoyed as a spectator.

Beyond the event there will be bartenders and servers throughout the Catacombs who will assist characters in finding places for casual play that is not involved with any events. Gender changing tonics, party favor drugs and other gifts will be circulated.

When

Sunday, August 19th, from 12 p.m. Server Time till the Ball at 4 p.m. Server Time

Where

The Catacombs

The location can be found using the OOC Portal -> RP Locations. A Patch is not required to visit the Catacombs.

Who

Anyone can attend this event regardless of race, class or alignment. There is no requirement for invitation or pre-existing event attendance.

Because of the nature of The Catacombs some people may have difficulty rationalizing why their extremely 'good' character may be in attendance. That sort of problem is your own limiter, however: Anyone, from the wickedest warlock to the most virtuous paladin, is welcome to attend this event.

If you wish to join, do not think of 'why not's but 'how can's.

Requirements

The event will have a Masquerade theme. While not required, it is asked that your characters either wear a costume or, at the very least, dress well.

The Catacombs is a lawful (to an extent) place and any combat outside of designated events will result in your expulsion from the area.

I look forward to seeing you all there! Post below if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
TLE will be assisting and sponsoring at least one of the events as well! Let's delve into the -ahem- naughtier side of romance!
Wow, the 19th is a way to popular date, I may have to move my event a day earlier... But your event does sound fun :D
Let's say Claynt wishes to join --though unlikely. Would it be possible for him to join -some- events, while ignoring others? Or, at that, would it be possible for him to just watch?
(08-17-2012, 01:02 AM)Kira13 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's say Claynt wishes to join --though unlikely. Would it be possible for him to join -some- events, while ignoring others? Or, at that, would it be possible for him to just watch?

Aye. As it says:

Quote: Attendance of the events is not required. Events are, for the most part, designed to be entered in casually. They can also be enjoyed as a spectator.
(08-16-2012, 11:49 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: [ -> ][*]Man-Ticore Wrestling - Begins at 12:30 p.m. Server Time
A combat ring will be set up in the tavern where, over a light meal and some wine, party-goers can watch friends and family battle the Man-Ticore, a well-muscled orc male (In appropriate costume) trained in the art of sensual wrestling.
If I'm present, Caravan's oiling up against the Man-ticore.
Quote:[*]Naked Speed Dating - Begins at 1:30 p.m. Server Time
Lay yourself out on the line with this sinful twist to an old favorite. Participants will be stripped of all but a tabard, head item and shoes before being sent off to find their special soul-mate. How confident are you without all of that heavy armor and cloth?

...am I a bad person for wanting to put Xanthe in this? :|

(Hoping I can attend, this Ball sounds delightful!)
Due to some suggestions we've pared the event down to three attractions instead of five.

Between events we will have an assortment of diversions and specialty drinks. All, of course, with a fun little kick added.
... Meline will attend this, I simply must know how she'll act during events such as this. I've missed a ball on retail few weeks ago, so this can be fun!

Edit; However Rose, you mention Sunday the 19th in here. Shoutbox said 29. Which sunday will it be then? 19 or 26? ^^ I'll just assume 19 for now.
This looks splendid. I'll certainly try to open up my day to join in on the festivities.
We are also looking for people who are interested in serving as waitresses/waiters/barkeepers for this little shin-dig.

If you are interested in wiggling into a Felfire Club outfit and know how to say 'May I take Your Order' in three different languages, do drop me a line. Otherwise we'll just be staffing the positions with any old cat who I grab off the street.
Noria will be late... As always!
I have yet to join a Felfire meeting!

I'll certainly bring up Melina.
Perhaps Elrohir will dust his old arse off. lol. This sounds like fun.
(08-17-2012, 11:06 AM)Grogloki Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps Elrohir will dust his old arse off. lol. This sounds like fun.

The more the merrier!

And you don't need to be a sin-loving villain to take part in the event. It's intended to give all characters, regardless of class or alignment, a chance to kick off their armor and pretend to be in Rome for a day.
Just a friendly bump on this one. Event will be today.

If you are a bit bored or just curious, swing on by. No harm in a bit of friendly fun in a wicked place.
Pages: 1 2