Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A wartime Roleplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Making a thread here so that the GM's are able to see it easier. I want to know if a large scale roleplay event can be planned, and if so, I'd like to submit my idea for a wartime Roleplay in which the players can roleplay their characters through the effects of a war. I know many of us have, through timeline necessities, created characters who have participated somewhat in the third war at least, but How many have actually gotten the chance to roleplay such a situation?

For reference this isn't a pvp rp event, it's more like an In the trenches documentary.
Hi honey~!

Question: When you mean in-the-trenches, is this mostly the "behind the scenes" behavior of the would-be soldiers/warriors as they endure an onslaught? Including, but not limited to: Planning battle strategies, needing to escape their current location, potential stealth missions behind enemy lines, emergency-healing and binding of wounds (Now with 30% more amputations!) and rescuing P.O.W.s?

If so, while it is not "large scale" nor, probably, worldshaking, I have an idea or two that might satisfy the craving.
No I mean like a full blown war. Like the characters having to fight the burning legion as they invade azeroth again. I mean like the horde and alliance grudgingly working together to save their hides.

It would have large scale combat scenes like in LotR and Braveheart, but they would be severely controlled and wouldn't be player versus player.

I have another thread where i was talking about it, and what it could be described as is a series of campfire roleplays before a massive action roleplay.
As stated in the other thread, I would rather not create a full-blown war. Such has the potential of really fiddling with the lore. Just wait for Cataclysm.

Also. A lot of us got to roleplay our characters when the Lich King was still kicking, and that war was going on. Sorry you missed it.
I'm not gonna let this go. I will continue to petition until It becomes a reality! You cannot crush my ambition! *determination!*
As a reminder, this is not the Private Discussion forum. But this is!

I will echo Xigo in that a full-scale war is not possible at present. The populations of all the races are very low and the timing isn't right.