Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Inspiring you!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I wanted to know what everyone likes and such, so I developed a way to do that! Well, please say your favorite movie person (Not the actors) And the names of the movie and why you like them :3

Example: Thrax is my favorite character, he's from Osmosis Jones. I like him because he was the first villian I ever saw! He is what started me down this evil path I know and love :3

(If you don't know who Thrax is, look at my avatar :3)
I like Liam Neeson, because he is mega super badass in the Movie Taken!
Oh, geeze.

It's not too much of a mystery that I tend to have at least one form of inspiration for a lot of my characters and going-ons on CotH. Usually at least one bit of them can be attributed to something I've seen.

Battlefield: Khaz Modan was largely inspired from playing a ton of Ace Combat, for instance, and Northwind owes a lot Silent Hill, Amnesia, Lovecraftian literature in general, and even a bit of the Binding of Isaac in some places.

Character-wise though I know that I pretty much was attempting to emulate a portion of Stephen Fry in Doctor Hasting's chipper voice and mannerisms, and Seda is rather unabashedly a bit of a lift from the Tales of Symphonia-- if you've played that game it might be a bit easy to spot, heh.

With raw inspiration though I've mostly found it in music. I tend to visualize a lot of stuff when I listen to music, and I usually have -something- pumping in the background while I run events. I almost just kinda need it to think sometimes, heh.
Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic counts too?
Ain't noone did quite like Clint, they all wanna be like Clint hahahahiye
But I wanna be like Lee Van Cleef, what ever happen'd to Cleef!

Thats it. Just Van Cleef. And maybe Bud Spencer and Terence Hill but I'm prolly the only person who knows who that is.
Hate to toot my own horn, but Thrax is sexy, he makes me look like a serious villian lover, not that this has much to do with the origanal thread, just wanted it up somewhere :D
I mostly like Thrax because he's voiced by Laurence Fishburne--and I loves me Laurence Fishburne. Also, props to you for knowing Osmosis Jones exists. I like that movie.

Gimme a moment to think of my own inspirations, however. Most of my characters are based off my own writing ideas, and stories themselves tend to be driven by music.
Klonoa just inspired me towards fanfiction, art, and encouraged me to make up my own imaginary people and worlds. It also pushed me towards online communities like fan clubs and the furry fandom which pretty much shaped my online, art, and roleplay experience.

Most people never really heard of Klonoa but it was cool finding the few who have played it and were a fan. I remember having this moment before when Rigley and I first rped and he was linking me songs from Klonoa and his character was Klonoa-based. c:
Hmm.

See, I don't get very inspired by movies. I don't want many and... Yeah.

Mostly I draw from books and other games. Noria Duskbinder's mental stuff is taken from Eragon and how they handle mental assaults, and the Matrix with how her body reacts to events that happen inside another's mind. I'm really good about merging several different ideas that come out in how I want it to be.

So... There? xD I don't take much from characters, just build off of general sterotypes and try to make them unique.
I modeled my very first RP character after Leon (Jean Reno) from the Professional. Also any character played by Gary Oldman or Willem Dafoe rocks.
(08-28-2012, 01:11 PM)Ormica Wrote: [ -> ]Thrax is my favorite character, he's from Osmosis Jones.
This explains a lot!

It is a good question though, what movie -character- is truly inspiring towards RP? I must say that my first choice would be one or two creations from Tolkien just because he made characters with emotional depth, Samwise Gamgee and old Bilbo Baggins.

And I must acutally bring up characters from TV series because I find they are usually easier to get to know. Godric from True Blood is really nice and makes Eric somewhat interesting. Rose Tyler, Donna Noble, the Ponds and not to forget River Song from Doctor Who are all brilliant characters which inspire the RP I create. Gwen Copper from Torchwood is also one of the best strong characters I know.
I tend to find myself inspired by music. It's like the essence of some music I can hear will make me imagine and picture a character or a concept for a city or a land in my head, and when I write about it, it just kinda comes to life. Music is power, brahsephs. Surprisingly, I'm not as spinny on Vicadin as I expected to be.

Nonetheless, that's what inspires me to make such strange characters of differing personalities and natures!
Aye, what Zenethen said. I modelled Lilli's backstory from this song:

Spoiler:

Wordless songs are usually the most powerful.

Though, recent-Jurok had been based somewhat on this:

Spoiler:

Moe the chorus, but still.
[Image: dunsparce.jpg]
(08-28-2012, 01:33 PM)Rigley Wrote: [ -> ]Tales of Symphonia-- if you've played that game it might be a bit easy to spot, heh.

Ah.. Wonderful game. I'm thinking of making Genis like character. Small little mage (Without the cup and ball toy) that has potential.

Back on topic, -everything- inspires me. I'll do something because I saw it here, said it there, read it in a book, watched it in a movie. Now, I don't mean I'll take things -literally- from movies/books/life, but I'll adapt almost anything I can because it's fun to do so.
Pages: 1 2