Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ask the C-Devs #3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489940501

Highlights: Explanation for Forsaken joining the Horde. Wastewander Bandits explained, so completely debunked any ideas of them being native to the region. Some notes on priest and druidism.
New belf lore. *Drools*
What I was going to post before being narrowly ninja'd, was my sadness considering Elune as a Naaru. Interesting, but sadness. I'd like to see some interaction with Elune and the Elves in the future, though.

I just hope it isn't A'dal. I'll facepalm.
Quote:Q: Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?
A: Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.

I'm dead. This lore... I must know it.
This just in: Light Windchimes can have children. With stags.

I'm looking at you, Cenarius.
"You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green."

So... Does this mean a change in policy concerning Blood Elves, since all they had to do was be at a place, rather than intake the Fel energy to get the green eyes?
(09-05-2012, 03:00 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]"You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green."

So... Does this mean a change in policy concerning Blood Elves, since all they had to do was be at a place, rather than intake the Fel energy to get the green eyes?

So long as they are aligned with the Horde, call themselves a Belf and somehow had their eyes mutated to green, then it goes. They no longer have to directly syphon fel energy.

However, we will purge any belf that tries to pass themselves off as a helf that was 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'.
CDev Wrote:Q: What is the lore behind Gilnean druidism and the existence of “harvest-witches”? Is it a native practice, developed by the humans? Did they somehow pick it up from the night elves, even before the Eastern Kingdoms’ discovery of Kalimdor?

A: In the early days of humanity and its civilization, many tribes of humans had primitive belief systems that incorporated simple nature magic. However, the rise of organized religion such as the Holy Light and the potent arcane magics introduced by the high elves quickly supplanted such traditions. Gilneas, due to its relative isolation, has retained a degree of their ancient culture in the contemporary era. The religious leaders of what was in Gilneas referred to as the “old ways” eventually became “harvest-witches”; those who used their nature powers to augment Gilneas’ agricultural output during and following its period of industrialization. Due to the presence of harvest-witches in their culture, when Gilneans learned about night elf druids (albeit through second, third and even fourth-hand sources) they became fascinated by them and their exotic connotations, to the point where many started referring to harvest witches as “druids”, though this was quite far from the truth, as few Gilneans had any idea what a druid actually was! Harvest-witches have a limited control over nature, especially plant life, and the powers of harvest witches bear a coincidental resemblance to the low-level abilities of actual druids. Harvest witches who contracted the worgen curse (which was druidic in origin) found that their powers were somewhat amplified, and after making first contact with the night elves cursed harvest witches were offered induction into the Cenarion Circle for both study and training.

* muhaha8 drools. "I love this."
GARITHOS BACKSTORY?

ME GUSTA.
See, now it's just Garithos viewing the elves as filthy traitors since the beginning of time. *Snickersnickersnicker* Before, it was Garithos viewing the elves as filthy traitors 'because he can'.
(09-05-2012, 03:06 PM)Reigen Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2012, 03:00 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]"You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green."

So long as they are aligned with the Horde, call themselves a Belf and somehow had their eyes mutated to green, then it goes. They no longer have to directly syphon fel energy.

However, we will purge any belf that tries to pass themselves off as a helf that was 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'.

.. I'm gonna be a nub and ask about the Dark Rangers. Seeing as though they pass themselves off as Forsaken and not High Elves (To my knowledge), would one be able to play the class?
Dark Rangers will be available once we reach Cata and forsaken receive the Hunter Class. Until then, Dark Rangers are solely CMCs.
Will Dark rangers require Spec. Prof., or everyone can play them?
Dark Rangers as in former high elves will remain strictly CMCs. Dark Rangers as in regular Forsaken trained in their arts, as was the case with the former prestige class, will become available to everyone when Forsaken get the Hunter class.
Can't wait. :3