Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tier 14 -- Running out of ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ehhh, a lot of it looks pretty lackluster.

I like the druid helm, the monk look (if it glowed less), and the shaman look...but that's about it. Everything else is kind of a "Haven't I seen this before?"
I think it's okay. Except for Warrior and Paladin, Warrior and Paladin are very generic.
Why,

Why,

WHY can't they move away from glowing armour?!

I would honestly rather see low-level NPC clothing than more outrageous tier gear.
Cause it's Blizzard :P
(09-23-2012, 07:59 AM)Delta Wrote: [ -> ]Why,

Why,

WHY can't they move away from glowing armour?!

I would honestly rather see low-level NPC clothing than more outrageous tier gear.

Because raid gear has ALWAYS been outrageous? Just look at Mage T3, or Warrior T2, or... pretty much any pally set in the history of forever.

Non glowing gear are greens and some blues. That's how it is!

Aaaaanywaaaaay...

Death Knight has a great helm, but HRGGGGN PLATE CLASSES IN SKIRTS

Druid is awesome, though the headpiece seems a bit large!

Hunter is rather good, too. Moar asymetrical armors, and I dig the helm.

Mage is -GREAT-.

Monk is alright. I don't like the shoulders.

Paladin is.... bland. Just, eh.

Priest is excellent, especially the headpiece.

Rogue is bleh. I wonder why Blizz didn't jump at a chance to make a great ninja set? Then again, rogue raid gear has always sucked.

Shaman is pretty good, except maybe for the head piece.

Warlock is -bamf-.

Warrior is also bland and bleh.

Honestly, all in all? These look better than most Cata sets. T11 and T12 were horrendus for most classes. T13 was a redeemer, though 14 isn't as good as 13.
My thing is... why can't we get some realistic, cool things? The particle effects they use -ruin- the sets for me. I mean, it's good -to an extent-, but they take it too far and it just looks ridiculous. :l

edit: My thoughts by class.

Death Knight: Get rid of the skirt, less clunky gloves, darker coloring. Actually good use of particles.

Druid: For once, a druid set that would look better if it wasn't a skirt.

Hunter: I don't this on a pandaren, but I think it actually could look really nice.

Mage: You look like a circus clown spitting purple perfume. Wat r u doin. Stahp.

Monk: Remove every particle effect except a slight inner light that seemed to emanate FAINTLY from each piece.

Paladin: Paladins have like the least flashy set, what is this? The helm looks bad, needs some brighter colors that match better.

Priest: This looks terrible on a nelf IMHO, but... maybe on another race?

Rogue: I don't mind this one, but can we try a rogue set that -isn't- dark and, oh, can it be original? I've seen this set before, it's like a recolor of another rogue set.

Shaman: Kinda like it, kinda don't. I'm not sure how to fix it though... something is odd and I can't put my pinky on it.

Warlock: I like the idea and the direction that was taken, here, but it looks awkward with robes. Give this pants, and somehow use the armor to make the model look toned/more fit/demonic in other limbs.

Warrior: Absolutely horrendous.

edit2: oh my god I'm so judgmental :X
Okay, all except the rogue and monk ones look incredibly stupid. IMO.
That is all I had to say. I am disappointed, Blizzard.
The Paladin legitimately looks like a Power Ranger. The white one. Thank god for transmog.
I like that shaman set.
Inner thoughts of the models

Death Knight: Look how evil I am guis

Druid: This glare from my shoulder is kinda distracting, but I do need people to see how attuned to nature I am.

Hunter: I'm hardcore cuz I wear skullz.

Mage: Do you think the guys will think I'm magical now that I have a third eye made of arcane and my collar and shoulders both are floating around my body? AM I COOL YET? (To clarify, the avatar's face looks really scared to me. Also, I think the set is nice if you lost the shoulders and helm.)

Monk: Not sure if I am cliche enough...

Paladin: I need a new armorer that -won't- just keep repainting the armor he gave me last time.

Priest: ... (I can't really tell what she's thinking, I think she's about as flabbergast at her wardrobe as I am)

Rogue: I'm nine times as stealthy with these super glowing stealth crystals *spy music*

Shaman: My face is kinda warm

Warlock: Don't think I'll be able to get the kids from daycare like this...

Warrior: Ooh, spiky plate, haven't seen that before.
I love that shaman look, except its...actually on fire. ._. Not 'cool' to be on fire. Just sayin.
The Monk's helmet...Well the necklace part of it is awesome, IMO. It looks similiar to the blademaster's necklace from WCIII. I Like it!!!!
>_> I actually like the Paladin set, save for -those shoulders-.

I kind of wish Blizz would just start doing more mundane and 'plain but cool' armor sets.

Or, a very smart idea might be take all their time and effort making new armor designs, start doing recolors of old ones, and instead take their budget for armor designs and start incorporating customization options into armor like Armor Damage and what not.
I think the DK set looks great minus the dress part. DKs need their leg mobility, I'd think. I like the horns along with the shape of the skull. It's just right.

The priest set is my favorite. The head is just right, elegant depending on who is wearing it. It isn't overdone, but not bland.

The warlock set is absolutely horrifying. It almost looks like it'd belong to a lore figure though, if that makes any sense.

Mage: I laughed. Do I need to say more than that?

Druid: Not bad. I like the owlish-wolfish mask and theme of feathers, but the glow needs to go.

Hunter: How does that have anything to do with being a hunter? I don't get it.

Rogue: Seems familiar, and by that I mean it looks like so many other sets WoW has churned out. Shoulder-pads are too large; rogues aren't warriors.

Monk: Um...take the glow away. Also, the beads are awkwardly large.

Shaman: Looks good on a troll, but I can't imagine it looking good on any other race.

Paladin: 2spooky4me u guyz. Breaks away from the traditional paladin look, and not in a good way.

Warrior: RAAAAAGGHHHH HEADBUTT!
Pages: 1 2 3