Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: TLE Presents: A Little Bit of Song! Mini-event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TLE Presents...

~A Little Bit of Song~

In preparation for the Culture Fair, TLE hopes to do a little fundraiser in which the money raised will go straight to the Fair itself, not the employees. It is also a promotion event to advocate for what the business stand for: togetherness and peace.

This is a "mini" event in the sense that it is nothing absolutely grand, but rather, a social event where people gather to eat good food, listen to music, and be entertained.

HOSTS:

Kantado: Music and dance
Rinzul (if confirmed): Animal acts

These are the two so far involved TLErs. Others are encouraged to come and entertain the guests to your own abilities. If you have something that can entertain the guests, do come forward!

The current location will be at Pirate Ship 1, aboard The Love Boat. The day it occurs will be a sunny clear day, with the ship itself docked and advertised at Ratchet. Walk-ins are welcome.

TIME AND DATE:

The working time and date is 2:00-4:00 PM Server on October 2. If not enough interest is garnered or real life decides to be a butt, it'll be cancelled or postponed.

THE WHATS AND THE HOWS:

A small, simple social party is held with food, treats, and free giveaways. Music will be played, and a small mini-game may take place. In addition, we'd have a delightful animal show for nature lovers among you!

This is walk-in only. It is a Pay-to-Party event, the Entry Fee being 5 IC Silver. A mailbox will be spawned and you will mail the payment to Kantado. If you are RPing a character who does not have IC currency OOC (you didn't do the quests) but otherwise would like to attend, you must pay 50 OOC Silver. Don't worry about walking out empty-handed, however--gifts will be handed out to guests.

See you at the Love Boat!
While still uncertain about this whole Love Exchange business, Orvisha would love a chance to perform! Woo, music.
Rinzul is definately confirmed. I'll get started on a script today. Just make sure I know what day it is on the 2nd... I have a bad habit of losing days lol.
The second of October is a Tuesday :)

If possible (depending on where she is ICly) Xanthe will be there. If not, I'll have Caravan drop by with a moonshine taste-testing table or something. :3
A reminder that the event is tomorrow at 2-4 PM ST, at Pirate Ship 1. Whisper Kantado to join. It's pay-to-party, 5 IC Silver. Be there or be square, nabs! :3
Polishing off the final touches on the script now. I'll have it to you tonight. Talk about short notice on my part. :P
(10-01-2012, 06:39 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: [ -> ]A reminder that the event is tomorrow at 2-4 PM ST, at Pirate Ship 1. Whisper Kantado to join. It's pay-to-party, 5 IC Silver. Be there or be square, nabs! :3

IGNORE THAT. When I typed that up, I was at work, waiting for a co-worker to finish her dinner while we were at a meeting. I'm home now.

The good news: I got more hours of work <3. About five to six more, to be precise. I get to leave home sooner and start more classes, getting me out of the humdrum of tutoring just one student every week plus newspaper class.

The bad news: I start at 3:30 D:

The event tomorrow will have to be postponed to Friday, October 5, at 1:00-3:00 PM ST. I cannot just push the hour forward tomorrow because I need to get to the academy hours in advance to prepare for new students. Wednesday and Thursday must remain open for morning church.

I sincerely apologize for the convenience. To make up for it... have a kitty!

More time for you to prepare now, Niko! /shot
Who put that song in that kitty video? I don't "Awwww!" I'm a rock. Don't do that again. ;p
Two things:

1.) A roach was found in the kitchen. Apparantly, this is a state of emergency in my family. We'll have to be turning the house upside down for any other pests that could be festering in our home, and as such, we will be doing heavy duty cleaning in the next couple days.

2.) My little brother is having a jog-a-thon, which I wasn't aware was tomorrow.

In short, once again, I'll have to postpone the event. Hopefully this Monday, October 8, will allow me time to squeeze. It'll be the same time, 1 PM-3PM Server.

Uuuuugggggggggggggggggggggh, life. Y u do dis to me.
And yet another update.

I do intend to have the event today, but with the way things are going at home, I may be late or unavailable. If I am not in-game by 1:30 PM ST, assume it cancelled.

Liiiife.
D:

[Image: cute-sloth-hug-400x299.jpg]
[Image: cute-sloth.jpg]
Isn't she back yet?
Ooh, this looks interesting. I'm very glad it was postponed until I saw it! Hopefully it's on today!
Yeeaaaaah, it's 1:11, and I'm hardly done with the tasks at home. I predict I'll even be rushing to get to work. Even if I did rush all my tasks at home, I'll be too tired and stressed out to pull off the event adequately. I cannot postpone the event tomorrow either, as work will demand my presence. I could possibly postpone, once more, to this Sunday, October 14, but there is one problem: I'll be competing for players as Kidnapped 5 will be taking place at the same time. I don't want a repeat of the Sports Fair wherein I am competing for players and I had to scrape and scratch for participants, whom all were mostly players in OOC idling.

So instead, I'll do this: I have a poll in place wherein you get to vote on how I'll do the event. The options are:

1.) Postpone the event on Sunday and a) attend on another character who is not signed up for Kidnapped or b) attend on any character since you're not participating on Kidnapped. Not all players, I'm aware, will participate in Kidnapped, so this option is for an event players can join while they're missing out. At the same time, it'll be for players who want to do something other than Kidnapped. I do not recommend dualboxing for both events, however. Concentrate on Kidnapped more.

2.) Cancel the event and merge it with the Annual Couples-Singles Hallow's End Party. I intend to, like last year, do a Couples-Single's Hallow's End Party, which is a neutral Hallow's End party for all races and factions. I have only one, one day to do this, and it's October 28, as October 29 and onward will be all Black Harvest's Hallow's End events. Also, Sundays are, really, the best (and only consistent) days for me to hold events during the daytime.

Once more, I am very sorry I am continuously postponing and postponing. I really hate it myself, because I don't like clashing with other events, especially GM-sponsored ones. So instead, I'll leave this at your hands. If I don't get enough votes, I'll be going with Option 2. Leaves me more time to plan and spawn.
As I won't be attending Kidnapped, I wouldn't mind a Sunday event (it's just that weekends can be difficult for me, depending on what the family is doing). However, combining the Hallow's End and this party sounds like some fun. I wasn't there for last year's, but judging from the notes you sent me and the general idea I've read on this, they would make a good match!
Pages: 1 2