Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Out of Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of Time

[Image: HOURGLASS-BROKEN.jpg]

A memory. A nagging. Déjà vu.
You’ve been here before. But… it’s not right, something’s off. This isn’t the way you remember it.

We are, all of us, given choices. Go left. Sleep in an hour. Marry for money, not love. Save a life, or end one. Some of these choices are more fluid than others, and some become stones in the arches of our lives. Keystones. Fixed points. Moments that, no matter what, must remain unaltered to preserve the flow of Time. This is our burden.

Is it yours? If given the chance, would you do what it takes to preserve your timeline? Through the pain, the happiness, the horror or the joy…could you ensure that it remained undisturbed? Good. Because we need you.

The OOC
Spoiler:
"Okay, what's the skinny, Cara?"

Something is threatening to affect the timelines. Your timeline. "Why should it matter?" you might be asking yourself, "I'm just one person. I'm not of any importance." A butterfly does not think it can cause a hurricane and the Winds of Change, if shifted even slightly, can devastate.

"Fair enough. What's the meaning of all this, then?"

As you might have surmised, Out of Time will be player-driven events in the sense that there will be an application (keep reading for it below) that the event is tailored around. This can be a "solo" event (with just the Event Character), or you may bring up to three companions with you (keep in mind that the more people you bring, the trickier it will be to coordinate times!). This can also be a joint event between two Event Characters. An Agent of the Bronze Dragonflight will assist the Event Character (and, if desired, the EC's allies) in ensuring that the Major Event goes 'according to plan.'

"According to plan? What if I want to go back and change that moment in my character's life?"

I'm glad you asked! As mentioned, these are fixed points in the Event Character's life that are "frozen" and, should they be altered, would result in extreme and unforeseen consequences. This is not to say that you can't choose to try to 'change your fate', and it does not mean you would be accepting a CW. What will happen is that the Event Character, allies and Bronze Agent must return to the start to right it.

"Why let us fail? What's the point? Why do it all over again? What if we have to leave?"

Character development. It can be hard enough to live through it once, let alone twice, but to have to go in a third time to make it go 'right' by your hand? I want the 'tough moral questions', not only for the Event Character but for the possible allies and Agent. If the EC decides to change her or his fate, will her or his allies stand by the decision against the Bronze Agent? Ideally, a 'fixing' event would happen ASAP. If any of the key parties (Event Character, Bronze Agent or DM) must leave before the follow-up is completed, then the remaining characters are 'stuck in time'. This doesn't render them unplayable (think of it as Groundhog Day when they're stuck in this timestream blip) and if they try to leave they will earn the ire of the Bronze Dragonflight (Note: These are real consequences) as the Bronze will seek to prevent any freaky timeline issues that comes from prematurely leaving a 'line.

"So...what are the rules?"
  • This event is for PROFILED CHARACTERS ONLY. I apologize for any inconvenience. Note: This includes Approved-Pending-Gruntship profiles.
  • Should go without saying that the Server Rules apply here.
  • No Metagaming. This is exceedingly important as some of our Bronze Dragonsworn may be attending: They will be disguised and alias'd, making their identity virtually unidentifiable. If a Bronze Dragonsworn later comes and says they've been outted and suspect metagaming, the claim will be investigated. I'd like to prevent a problem, so if you know it OOCly and do -not- learn it ICly, be respectful to your fellow player.
  • When it comes to what is acceptable as a "Major Event", here is what is NOT acceptable: No Lore Events (By this I mean that it cannot change a Lore Event. If your character had something occur during a War, or had something happen during a Lore Event, -this- is permissable; however, no one is going to stop a war or save a Lore Figure). If you present a major event that I feel is unacceptable, I will let you know and we will try to work something out.
  • Depending on the player, this may be run through either a TRUST or ROLL system. While this mostly applies to those who would try to change their timestream, this may apply to players who choose to "Stay the Course" if they'd like uncertainty in their ability to succeed. This may also be up to the DM*
  • I reserve the right to contact you in regards to your application and ask for a different Major Event or for more information regarding the application, character(s), events, etc.

*Note: This series is being developed so that it may be picked up by any GM as the availability of both the GM and the Event Character permit.

"Okay, I think I'm ready to try this bit of craziness, Caravan. How do I sign up?"

Below, there is a questionnaire/application. Please fill it out and PM it to me under the subject "Out of Time Event Character Application." As these events are being tailored, the more information you provide for me, the better the experience will hopefully be.

Quote:Character Name:
Link to Character Profile:
Times of Availability:

Major Event:

Is this a solo event?
If no, is this a shared Major Event? (Requires another player's consent and application):
If no, who are the characters/players involved? (Limit: Three):

If additional characters are involved -
What is/are the character(s) name(s):
Connection to Event Character:

Have you read and understood the rules/premise? If so, do you have any questions?:

Any additional information?:

I look forward to setting this in motion with you. If you have any questions and want to clear up any confusion, please PM me or catch me in-game or on Skype; I'd be delighted to answer any questions.

Thank you for reading!

You’re out of Time…and I’ll be waiting for you there.
:D :D :D

That is all.
Let the pant-wetting commence! :D
One of my characters has gone back in time with the help of the dragons before; I'm soo tempted right now to make that the major event that's being protected. It would be WoW-ception!

Though that means that I'd need to finally settle on the details of her magic and get her profiled. (I'm a derp; sue me)
*Sues Dae* I love this, Groshner didn't have to much, time to work hard on Ormica and my new dwarf >:|
I approve of your use of images from Braid.

I might be interested in playing this, but I'd also be interested in running roll events for people participating in this, if that's an option.
Definately filling this out right now.
Open Timelines:
  • Tiff "Madwoman" Wallbreaker (Psycho)
  • Gok'tar Wolfson (Kira13)
  • Jurok (Zhaei)
  • Nuadon Ironraven (c0rzilla)

Completed Timelines:
  • N/a at this time.
Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff. I love it.
Novalight history time. *greedily rubs hands*
*Cough* Though.. I still like this. Time to break out a character and bring in some others.