Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Plagueshifters and plague and agriculture and such
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, Plagueshifters. People who heal plaguelands 'n such. I'm not finding much about what they're like, how they take on the role, whether shamans or druids are more suited to this role and the likes.
I'd like to hear more about this prestige class; the acute focus on healing the land sounds like a very appealing role to me.

Also, on a related note, my Forsaken character Flora is at a bit of a crossroads between perusing the Shadow, or returning to a life of farming, as she had done in life. But can the undead be successful farmers? From what I get about the undead is that nature magic avoids them and the Light is magically unpleasant, but they wouldn't inherently have adverse affects on crops and livestock, right?
(10-03-2012, 06:49 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]Also, on a related note, my Forsaken character Flora is at a bit of a crossroads between perusing the Shadow, or returning to a life of farming, as she had done in life. But can the undead be successful farmers? From what I get about the undead is that nature magic avoids them and the Light is magically unpleasant, but they wouldn't inherently have adverse affects on crops and livestock, right?

I don't see why Flora couldn't be a farmer. It might be awkward for her to try to grow crops, but the very nature of her being undead shouldn't affect it. However, when it comes to livestock this may present a problem as her state may cause extreme anxiety, fear and/or unease in the beasts she wants to raise. This is mainly a concern with horses or cattle. Chickens would probably not care very much. I'd be interested to see how a Forsaken handles working with living animals. As they don't need to eat, drink, breathe or sleep how would these facots affect their ability to tend to the living?
I'll throw a copy of Horde player's guide up on Dropbox in a bit if you don't already have it. That might be helpful in regards to inspiration for the plagueshifter class. Understand that not all aspects of the RPG books are reliable for RP on WOW however. They are excellent in regards to inspiration for character concepts as well as event planning. I'm currently preoccupied but I will begin the upload tonight.
(10-03-2012, 06:49 PM)Dae Wrote: [ -> ]So, Plagueshifters. People who heal plaguelands 'n such. I'm not finding much about what they're like, how they take on the role, whether shamans or druids are more suited to this role and the likes.
I'd like to hear more about this prestige class; the acute focus on healing the land sounds like a very appealing role to me.

Also, on a related note, my Forsaken character Flora is at a bit of a crossroads between perusing the Shadow, or returning to a life of farming, as she had done in life. But can the undead be successful farmers? From what I get about the undead is that nature magic avoids them and the Light is magically unpleasant, but they wouldn't inherently have adverse affects on crops and livestock, right?

Plagueshifters are very interesting. They subject themselves to horrible diseases, and if they succeed become immune to the disease. Upon close examination and speaking with a Gm on the matter, it seems to me that shaman are far better suited to the role of plagueshifter than druids. Shaman have access to every ability one might need for being a plagueshifter; they have disease cleansing spells, poison removal, their totems make it feasible to suggest their stones of protection, elemental bonds can account for their elemental, feral spirits for the white hounds, the berserk they can afflict their allies with is similar to bloodlust, and it would not be a stretch at all to assume their growth of a magical garden!

As for undead farmers, it's perfectly acceptable. I do believe there might be some in cata-- isn't there a quest in Hillsbrad about that? Magic doesn't really have to be involved in farming, and I don't really think the undead would be able to use nature magic in any form. (It kinda hates you, you silly aberrations!)

edit: The most Flora would need to worry about would be finding undead that weren't horrified by her. Animals tend to stay clear of the undead/corpses in general. Instinctively, they know corpses breed disease and walking ones aren't natural!
Forsaken farmer is an interesting concept, it does beg the question "who would buy food from a dead woman?" And to note, Forsaken -can- have an presence with animals that isn't completely terrifying, as is evident in the addition of Forsaken Hunters, though I do think Caravan is right about the cows and the ponies... Spider farm is a kind of neat idea.
It's possible; just a lot more difficult. I could see a shadow priest having fun with it... mind controlling animals.
... Imagine how that could be. Spider farm. Sell the meat as food, silk as materials, shells as potentially makeshift armor-pieces, claws and fangs as makeshift weaponry, venom to apothecaries and such. And being forsaken would be even better, because you wouldn't have to fear the deadly bite of some of the spiders because hey, look at that, you're already dead.
Milking bats? Or do you raise bats like rabbits and eat the bab... oh, Caravan, right. Not like rabbits. Can't wait for Rinzul to take the kiddies to the spider farm!

Working on that upload now.
I don't really expect things to go well for Flora, should she return to farming, but I was wondering mostly of what degree of fiasco it would wind up being. The matter of who would buy food from a dead woman and the stress of an undead handler on the animals would probably turn this into yet another exercise of why she can't have the Nice Things.
I've just never really seen the affect of undeadness on agriculture being specifically addressed (though I haven't played retail since WotlK) and wanted some clarification in case she would grow plague pumpkins or all her animals would drop dead or something.

Though a farm for creatures that don't mind the Dead too much isn't a bad idea, but she prolly wouldn't think of it herself; perhaps the idea could come up in conversation? I'll have to ponder this.
FLORA CAN HAVE NICE THINGS

MAKE PUMPKIN PIES FOR THE ARGENTS

Anyway plague isn't carried naturally inside Forsaken, it has to be engineered and developed, and the plague used in Cata took years to develop. In theory Flora could grow perfectly fine and healthy crops.
Here is the link for the Horde player's guide. I will make a thread with the complete collection available as well. Quite a bit to intrigue one's muse in these though as I stated before they are useful merely for inspiration, as few Warcraft RPG mechanics function practically in our game. Hope you enjoy it... and if you get the inkling to write an abomination profile before me... there will be blood =P. Sorry it took a while, me and pops were drunk bacon gods watching westerns tonight. Gotta love America.
(10-04-2012, 12:57 AM)Nikodemos Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the link for the Horde player's guide. I will make a thread with the complete collection available as well. Quite a bit to intrigue one's muse in these though as I stated before they are useful merely for inspiration, as few Warcraft RPG mechanics function practically in our game. Hope you enjoy it... and if you get the inkling to write an abomination profile before me... there will be blood =P. Sorry it took a while, me and pops were drunk bacon gods watching westerns tonight. Gotta love America.

I'm getting a 404 error. Perhaps the file name is giving DropBox issues?
Its still uploading. My signal is tanking for some reason this morning. I should be ready to go in a few hours tops. I'll update this post when it is.

All done. It's the full collection upload that is taking forever. It should work just fine now.
The Red Rose could buy the food, and sell it to normal people, hoping to get disease spread :D