Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ImagenAshyun's Imaginations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
C wut i did thar?

It disheartens me when I see activity peaking in hours I am busy or working, and when I am finally free, most people go to bed or struggle to stay up at 4:00 AM in order to RP with me. All I have to say is this: I am highly and eternally grateful for everyone who endured such late hours to meet me in hours when I am free but otherwise dreadfully alone. You have no idea how hard it is for the past several months in which I would get in-game, ready to RP, and chances 1 out of 4, people are going to bed, leaving me alone with individuals who are idling in OOC and not able to RP because they're sleepy or just woke up.

I've just made The Weeping Woman as an RP storyline, but I can't help but dread that even though I am starting RP, I won't get any RPers--either because people are not interested, are afraid to RP with a GM, want nothing to do with Draenei (you know who you are), or just are not willing to wait 10:00 PM ST in order to participate; this is all based on my experience with Red Glove, which activity died down because I played the waiting game for so long. And you know what? That's fine. I think another reason is because, well, a lot of my RP buddies are simply leaving COTH--either due to boredom in stagnation, wanting to move onto other things, or just having no time for in-game RP.

Besides The Weeping Woman and other COTH storylines, I'm proposing Skype RP options for others to participate in. These can be 1-1 IM RP, or group chat RP, which I will DM. Below are the premises I'm proposing; details will be added as they are available. So far, only one story has a Google Site of its own; the others will not be started until I organize enough information.

Spoiler:

TALES OF OKASAN

-Epic high fantasy with gods, demigods, champions, heroes, prophets, and kings. Players are taken to a mystical world of anthropomorphic beasts of different kinds, from dragon-like giants to flight-capable avians to deep-sea diving swimmers to flying folk the sizes of dolls. The entire map extends the whole globe, with each regions possessing its own climate, weather, landscape, and populations with their own histories, traditions, cultures, and languages. 'Tales of Okasan' has its own lore and pantheon, and players can be given the option to RP classes of all kinds, from nobles to nomads to warriors to engineers.

Stories vary; they are dependent on what race and class you wish to play. WIP Website is here: https://sites.google.com/site/talesofokasan/

DEVIL'S EYE

-High seas adventure! Taking place in the year 1721, you can travel from the colony of Kingston and follow the Portuguese routes of trade all the way to the island of Mactan in the Philippine Islands. You have a choice between two sailing crews: Captain Raven Hurley's crew, composed of crazy and like-minded vagabonds seeking treasure and fortune, or Captain Josep Frascona's, composed of demonically-empowered immortals who raid the seas. The two crews will clash and collide as you make your way to Mactan for the ultimate treasure: a talisman known as El Ojo del Diablo: The Devil's Eye.

Story is straightforward: Travel eastward to other regions such as London, Rome, The Gold Coast, Jerusalem, Canton, and Mactan and stop the other crew from obtaining the Devil's Eye!

THE ANGEL SERVANT

-A haunting period mystery horror! 1821, Austrian-occupied Venice; the members of the Viceroy's court wishes to capture a wanted criminal dubbed "The Angel Servant", who runs about in the city destroying property and kidnapping people. Mercenaries all over Europe are hired to hunt him down... but there is a supernatural presence connected with the Servant that may doom you all! Players can either be a foreign mercenary who hunts the Angel Servant, a foreignor who simply wishes to move into Venice and just happens to be caught up in the chaos, a Venetian local trapped in a period of stagnation and oppression from the imperialistic Habsburgs, or a local/foreignor involved with an underground crime gang. Beware of the creatures known as Masks, who may drag you to a darkness you may never escape!

Story has different routes but all go the same direction. How it starts depends on your character.

LETHE

-Contemporary psychological survival horror (2010s Carson, California, U.S.A). A Mycenaean fresco detailing rites of the Eleusinian Mysteries was discovered in an archaelogical finding in Greece... but one particular image in the fresco have been sending people into madness upon spotting. Years later, this image, against warnings of the research team, was published online, and though it was pulled off, the damage has been done; 1 out of 10,000 will be sent to a semi-catatonic state in which visions of apparitions of a far away time will come and haunt them in the seemingly real world. Players have three choices: play as a victim, thrown in world of monsters and beasts that wish to kill you; play as a family or friend of the victim or a member of the research/counselling team, who must ensure the victims' safety and well-being while helping the police stop a criminal who wishes to take advantage of the victims.

The story follows one direction, but has two sides: the victims' story ("Tartarus") or the crime story ("Sisyphus").

BAGA

-Fairy tale-styled fantasy with giants, elves, dwarves, cyclops, and baby-eating body-mutilated vampires (you heard me right) in the late 1890s Philippines. Come to the little city of LuciƩrnagas, a Spanish-occupied colony known for its high population of enchanted fireflies... and monsters that dwell in its surrounding forests. By the little town is a balete forest known by the Tagalogs as "Ang Gubat ng Aliptaptap", where a giant known as the Kapre guards with great vigilance. Along the way, you can meet the other creatures of the night, but above all... beware of the Mangkukulam, who may curse you for his own goal. Players can either be a human (your choice of place of origin, but if you are a local, you are restricted by caste) or a monster of Philippine myth (diwata, manananggal, duwende, bungisngis, etc).

The story starts with The Kapre, but the direction it takes wholly depends on the player(s).

As you can see, a lot of it is fantasy though a good number is period-based. I do not expect every RPer to be a history/sociology/anthropology buff; in fact, each RP story is modeled with the RPer being ignorant of the setting. For this reason, I'm willing to help craft your character along the way. Contact me on Skype (imagenashyun) for anymore details :).
(Endorsement: ImagenAshyun is amazing to Skype RP with. In fact, she's made me "return to my roots" (starting days as AIM RP, oh youth.) and actually prefer it over in-game at times)

Imms, it is always a pleasure to wait into the weeee hours of the night to RP with you. :) (And this idea = cool)
... I KEEP SAYING I WOULDN'T MIND ROLEPLAYING WITH YOU.

... IT JUST NEVER HAPPENS.
I KEEP MISSING YOU.
FINALLY I UNDERSTOOD YOUR NAME! I FEEL SO GOOD NOW!
[Image: 3a0.jpg]