Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Question on Age
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, I know I'm probably gonna get a load of "OMG Go read teh Lore Ages"

But, what I'm thinking is this.
Racial Ages don't make sense!
I'm going to use Blood Elves as an example.
I understand they live for a few hundred years, but the guide says they reach adulthood at 110, aye?
Would it really take 110 YEARS for them to grow and mature to Adulthood? 110 years to grow to 6'?
That's 0.05 of a foot per year.
And surely they would know everything needed in a similar timeframe to most races.

If you say, yes, 110 IS adulthood,
Then all Blood Elves would be far too intelligent, and also, all playable ones would have to have been born before the Orcs as we know them even existed, and well before the Horde.
I´d assume that their physical growth is the same as a human, and -I- think that their mind develop at the same rate as well (with some difference from person to person of course) but that since elves do live for so much longer than a human and therefore learn and (hopefully) can become more mature they have higher expectations, and that is why they aren´t seen as adults by the Blood Elves until about 110. Of course, while they are 75 years old they´ve had the chance to basicly life a human life-time already.

Not sure if that made any sense, I´ll come back later with a better explanation.
Alright, I was asking this to basically find out, what's the youngest you think an Elf could look after themselves?
Sorry for double-post but
/bump
Anyone with dominion over the rules got an answer for me?
Well, if you ask me I´d say at about the same time a human would, of course their own society would still look at them as very, very young.
So technically a Blood Elf could start at about 20 or so?
Could, yes, but would you let a five year old go out in the world even if he claimed he could take care of himself?

There would likely be resistance from the community, parents and people with long noses.
That is what I did with Crescentia. Her mother and her only recently parted (forcefully) and she is just south of Five-hundred.

Just my example.
Well, as there is nothing official on how elves age, we can't say yay or nay on whether or not they actually take 100 years physically or maturity wise. The only thing I can think of is in the WoW comic when Varian is talking to Valeera and she says "I'm young for an elf, but our kind age differently than you humans do." Which indicates to me that they do physically take longer to grow. (She looks very young and Varian calls her a child.) So it's probably best to just have your elf either at the right age, or over.