Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Volanna's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am at present a dedicated scholar at a science and technology-oriented institution. Although we are grilled through an intensive educational program, I find ways to seek refuge and recreation with the computer as my schedule permits. I have played several MMORPG’s over the course of time, sieving through the ones that provide an adequate or preferably predominantly “storytelling” atmosphere instead of the casual idealistic “hack, slash and grind” feel that most players seek. In my case, I would go for the poetic immersion that I could uncover within games rather than the dreary and utterly lackluster impression of grinding through the game’s challenges.

I used to get scrutinized by fellow players since I tended to go through levels at a relatively sluggish pace, and this is mainly due to the fact that unlike most players who whoosh through quest notifications, I read the game texts religiously because I love being submerged into the second world the game provides. I like to get caught in the moment, so to speak, and that, for me, is what defines me as a roleplayer.

I have been into roleplaying for several years, and I began at the age of 11 if memory serves me right. My initial experience was in a roleplaying forum long buried in the dark depths of the internet (even I couldn’t remember any ascertaining data about the matter), but the most recent, as well as finally the one where I showcased my capabilities as a whimsically stylized roleplayer, was in the popular Roleplayer Guild. It was in the Guild where I ultimately affianced myself into a somewhat sophisticated and erudite form of roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the Philippines. Although Filipino is our national language, I actually prefer English and it is in reality the language that I believe is my poetic forte.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My family purchased Warcraft III – The Reign of Chaos when I was really young, and since then I have been a fan of its expansions as well as the world of Azeroth in general.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I utilized Google and conducted a comparative analysis on which roleplaying server would yield the best experience. I believe this server is what would suit my unquenchable thirst for creative roleplay and would, secondarily, be the easiest to adapt to with my academic schedule.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As I have established earlier, I prefer the more in-depth and educated forms of roleplay. I seek one that serves to benefit all involved parties through the seamless interweaving of several wonderful designs into a majestic lattice of human ideologies that would make an unforgettable mark. Regardless of the medium (pen and paper, text, or 3-dimensional rendition), as long as it is capable of telling a well-versed story, it would suffice.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would say that my favorite races are Humans and Elves. As a child, I grew up extremely fond (to the point of bias) of Elves, and so I got to the point where my eyes were nearly drowned with tears as I fulfilled the Warcraft III quest involving the destruction of Quel’Thalas (it may sound humorous, but I was a child at that time). Even in the prior Azerothian lore where High Elves chose to make the self-serving decision of withdrawing from the Alliance, a huge part of me rooted for their verdict which would ultimately lead to their devastation both as a race and as a nation. Eventually, as I grew up, I began to get the feel for my own race and as time passed by I started to use Humans in RPG’s more so than Elves, although this does not mean my fetish for Elves has banished.

My favorite race of all time, that which I almost always use, is the Mage. It’s not the sheer glimmer in the magical explosions that they blast upon their foes, but rather the poeticism of the enigma they exhume upon me as a child at heart. The mage, unlike most other classes, utilizes mysterious arcane abilities that we can only hope to imagine. No amount of real life training and edification would make one a mage, and that aspect of being one is what truly fascinates me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
There’s only one: I expect everyone to shatter their artistic inhibition. This does not mean of course that I’m commanding everyone to be mentally-skewed people obsessed with being artistic gods and goddesses. What I mean is that everyone should at least make a conscious effort at seizing the joy of the moment through the joint intertwining of unprecedented involvement from each and everyone’s creativity. I so dearly hope that everyone lets each other’s imagination run freely, as this will pave the way for memorable experiences for everyone.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Quite frankly, I find the system at which people are accepted to the server extremely engaging. Not only does it make sure that only worthy individuals become a part of the Conquest of the Horde family, it maintains a resilient barrier that keeps accepted individuals tightly bound.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is an excerpt from a post of mine in the Roleplaying Guild. Note that this was from a Harry-Potter themed RP.

Llwenthane’s sentiment of absolute dread was horrendous. There was a massive wall of terror blockading his path, and as fellow Carfax students started to emerge a brick from the wall would dissipate. He had read about the surge of the Death Eaters in The Daily Prophet, but it never crossed his mind that encountering one was a possibility. Hunt, who had recently just united with the Carfax body, narrated Professor Talos’ present state. As words echoed from his lips, Llwenthane had the urge to vomit. He crossed his fingers and hoped Professor Talos managed to dispatch the dark wizard.

In a fit of cold sweat, Llwenthane watched as Lucian Carver, the man who had welcomed them earlier, started his speech. He listened eagerly, hoping that he might have knowledge of the present situation. Instead of a warm toast or what else however, Lucian Carver started to shift in tone. Llwenthane struggled to keep his form, but hearing “The Dark Lord” so confidently spoken made him quiver. He looked decisively at the others as countless robed figures with masks of skulls apparated, a gale of sickly emerald green light leading their arrival. Then and there, Llwenthane started to formulate plans for everyone’s escape, but selecting a particularly logical one can never come easy, especially if one’s mind is sprinting at three hundred miles a second. A particularly appalling figure advanced to the Carfax students and declared his power to lead the party.

Suddenly, Fintan’s constantly elated voice rose. He pushed through everyone else in such a way that it seemed as though the other students were cowering behind him (excluding Leigh, who was much taller than him). In a blink of an eye, the man pulled out a particularly familiar object from his robe. Bloody hell, that’s a . . . Llwenthane had seen those before in the Muggle world, a famous and undeniably viable vessel of agony. Pointing it at Finn, Llwenthane closed his eyes and a bang bellowed along the palisades of the halls. Forcing his tears back, his strength crumbled as he saw a fellow Carfax student bound to the ground. With a dismantled grunt-like speech he commanded Sabine and Leigh to carry him. At that moment it dawned to Llwenthane: the Death Eaters will certainly not hesitate to kill anyone getting in their way.

The group pushed through. As he looked behind, it was commendable how composed and confident the gunned man strode under the convoluted twists and turns of the Manor. Clearly, he towered over the eerie sensation of paranoia in Firth Manor; it was like Friday night telecast to him. As everyone walked on the creaking floor, Llwenthane could not help thinking where they planned to take them.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, I just realized that everything I wrote up was incredibly long, so I would like to apologize, as well as thank everyone who made it up to this point for taking the time to browse through my introduction.
Hello there, Volanna! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Oh wow. You have a very formal and eloquent way of writing. I like that. A very impressive usage of the English language--way out of my league.

Also, remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
Thank you so much for the kind remarks. I look forward to RP'ing with everyone!