Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I am a student in high school who enjoys playing games. I play many different games ranging in genre from FPS to MMO's. I enjoy Roleplaying quite a lot and I've logged many, many (probably too many) hours on various official WoW RP servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in the United States of America, and my primary language, as you probably can tell, is english.

How did you get into Warcraft?: I own a Macintosh computer and it's one of the few MMO's on OSX that I actually enjoy.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I searched for private roleplaying servers with Google. This server was the only one that looked interesting.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplaying in pairs and small groups. I like it with more of a relaxed pace.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood Elf Paladin. Elves have a rich and diverse history. I like Blood Elf Paladins because they take the light and bend it to their will without having to be good, honorable, or just, unlike Paladins of the Alliance who are for the most part good guys or girls.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Like a normal RP server with less, but better role-players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I feel number four, maturity, appeals to me the most. I run a small Minecraft server in my spare time and immaturity seems like a prerequisite for playing Minecraft; it's rather annoying.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The date was October 31st, Halloween. My three best friends and I set off on what was seemingly going to be an average night of trick or treating. Boy, were we wrong.

As we set out right before dusk, I looked up and saw the sky as a glorious conflagration of red and yellow. Small white clouds dyed orange by the last rays of the setting sun skirted far above on a stiff breeze that could barely be felt from the ground.

We wandered about for a few hours gathering a sizable amount of candy each. We decided upon one last stop before we headed home. I walked along behind Adam and Alex, they were both way to excited about getting more candy and ran almost everywhere. Next to me walked my best friend Colton, this year was rather melancholy, because we both knew it would be the last time we all went out together on Halloween like this. Adam was moving forty five miles upstate into the city, currently we lived in an area that was both farmland and neighborhoods of newly built houses.

"Hey guys last stop then home," I yelled ahead at Adam and Alex as we turned onto Ridley Dr. It was a quarter mile long road that led down to Mr. and Mrs. Ridley's farmhouse. The reason that we were going all that way was because Mrs. Ridley, Colton's grandmother always had a surprise for us on Halloween, be it trick or treat.

Cornfields rose up on either side of us guarded by short barbed wire fences as we walked on, cracking jokes, and just chatting about school and games.

Adam stopped up ahead of Colton and I and said, "Did you hear that?"

"No," the other three of us said in unison. All of us stood stalk still listening. I had an inkling that Adam was trying to scare us, after we were alone on a dirt road with only the light of the half moon to guide us. Off in the distance toward the Ridley place a horse neighed loudly, which wasn't uncommon for the Ridley's owned several horses.

"Let's just keep walking," I said. We started up again at a fast pace. A rustle in the dry corn stalks behind us stopped us dead in our tracks. I could sight of diminutive gray figure disappear into the thick corn. Apparently Alex saw it too, because he took off down the road as fast as he could run.

I cursed loudly and told Colton and Adam to come on. We ran after Alex, but not sprinting like he was. We caught up to him about a minute later. He was doubled over breathing hard. Alex wasn't the skinniest kid, truth be told he was probably fifty pounds overweight.

"Holy shit, did you see that." Alex whispered in a shaky voice.

"Yeah..." Was all I managed to saw. I was breathing hard and pretty scared.

"What did you see?" Colton chimed in? He looked slightly winded and the eye holes of his sheet-ghost costume were down by his neck.

We started walking quickly, almost jogging as I told Adam and Colton, who apparently hadn't seen anything, about the grey man. They both looked at me rather skeptically, but didn't saw anything.

We carried on at this half jogging pace, eager to get to Colton's grandparents house. Another rustle in the corn startled us, we all looked over our shoulders and saw and saw two of the gray creatures, one on each side of the road. They were staring straight at us, each carrying a thin black cylinder type thing. I couldn't tell what it was because of the dark and due to the fact that we started sprinting for the house. We saw it as we came around the bend. The was was about a hundred yards away, but about fifty yards infront of us, in the middle of the road, was Mindy. Mindy was a palomino horse that Mr. Ridley had owned for since he bought her as a foal eleven years ago.

Mindy was on her side, softly braying as four of the gray men dissected her. As soon as the Gray Men saw us, the screeched out what I assumed were words. They brought up more of the black cylinders from the ground.

"This way!" I yelled as I cut into the field, the others following me. I took a long route that lead us behind the house. We sprinted for the door. As soon as we hit the porch we started yelling and banging on the door. The door flung open and I ran in. Oblivious to the shotgun barrel pointed at me.

"Boys, get down!" Mr. Ridley yelled as he fired a shot at the shadowy figures on the edge of the corn, a hundred or so feet away. The gray men screeched and fled into the corn. I didn't think any of them were hit.

[/b](It's getting late and I have a lot of homework to do before I go to sleep. If this isn't enough just let me know and I'll right some more tomorrow.)[/size]

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Nope, I found everything I needed by browsing the site and forums.
Howdy, Rellincat, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! I quite liked your Halloween-themed story; sad to say I read it the day after :)! Definitely spooky. Blood Elves are rather popular on this server, so hopefully you'll be able to sidle right on in!

As you already know, taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides is a good way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat (for general communication) and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!