Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction of Zaebos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I can say I have played games often since year two on this planet. I have always found myself attracted to engulfing stories with libraries of depth. I enjoy losing myself within an ocean of depth. This can be done through RP, music listening, drawing, and any other form of gaming/art that has the capability to reach far in depth.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA, Nebraska. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I purchased the original Warcraft for the PC years ago. Before that, I was playing SNES Blizzard games, such as "The Lost Vikings". I'm an old Blizzard fan, and have kept up with WoW lore in-game since day one, though I have also picked up a few Warcraft fiction novels from my local mall.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
The Roll Play aspect, obviously. I enjoy casual gaming as much as anyone else, but not too many people truly enjoy becoming engulfed in another realm as I do. I would love to join this community of like-minded thinkers for a wonderful experience. I found this website/server by a simple Google search.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My RP has been limited to fiction writing, D20 game playing, and video games with depth. I am not the kind of guy you would find larping. I have nothing against those who enjoy larping. I just prefer to dwell within my own mind. I don't exactly feel a need to act it out in person.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't exactly have a favorite. I can easily reach into a broad spectrum of things, and enjoy all kinds of RP. Though, there are some races/classes I just can't get into at all. Night Elves/Blood Elves, and druids. I can't get into the Night Elves, because they come off as too enigmatic for my taste. I feel I need to push for something, to be bold with my RP. I suppose you could do that as a Night Elf, but not without being calm and collective. At least that's what I have come to understand.
I can't get into the Blood Elves, because if their "dependency" issues on magic. To put it bluntly, I don't like feeling like I have an addiction to something. I feel a Blood Elf who doesn't have this dependency in RP perhaps missed the point of the Blood Elf. Not to be insulting. Perhaps I am wrong, and a Blood Elf roll player could enlighten me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be sunk into depth. To make lovely friends. To join a wonderful community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The universal respect. I can do without bored kids trying to put on a show to help their own self esteem within their own mind.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The village of Vin'Sahr has grown increasingly plagued with fright as the neighboring forest, which the natives in a recent age have named "The Dim", grows ever more dark, ever more without the light of the sun. The air grows more stiff. Natives no longer dare step foot within the wooded terror. What used to hold simple wildlife, has started to birth creatures simply not of this world. Abominations dwell within. Out-worldly extensions, inhuman whispers, heaving, shifting eyes. Always waiting for a desperate hunter, or a wandering child to enter their temple.
The shadow grows with the fears of death, and from deep within. A cursed being, long forgotten, has been reborn from the depths of the forest. His hate grows as the shadow. His blood-lust feeds the carnage of those abominable
beings. His name has not been spoken in many ages. Now, his name will be whispered again. His presence from within will infest, like mold upon bread.
Who will help those native? Candles are dimming. Laughter is replaced with silence. A moonless night marks the hour. Blood and screams will soon become all too common.
You can hear them whisper now.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope I can be of more use than a typical member in the future, if I am accepted. I am one who is reliable, and can be called upon.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Love and respect,
Zaebos.
Hello there, Zaebos! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Immersion gamer, huh? That's neat. :)

I'm sorry to say, too, that... I can't think "Nebraska" these days without thinking "Digimon". I watched too many animated movies and shows, probably...

Also, remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin