Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DecoLamb Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

There's not too much to say about myself. I'm kind of quiet at first, but once I get used to someone it's really hard to make me stop rambling on, though I do trip over my own words and stammer a bit. I enjoy role playing and creating living stories that seem rather endless, always growing. Personality wise I guess you can say I'm a bit derpy, a little over-passionate at times, and prone to very horrible jokes and puns.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Well I'm American, however I'm full blooded irish, first generation born here. Primary language would be English, with snips of Gaelic and something my friends call 'decospeak'. Anyone who dares to talk with me for an extended time will learn it quickly.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well it was my first MMO years ago when I was a little runt of a thing. After a time I quit, around burning crusade, moved on to other games. Still have a love for it though.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Well a friend of mine kept mentioning his desire to go back to WoW, and I entertained the thought myself from time to time. I told him if he wanted me to go with, to find a server dedicated to roleplay, because I refused to deal with pure grinds anymore. And here I am~

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer more mature, in depth roleplay. I like seeing internal conflict with characters, and putting them through challenges that will make them grow as a 'person' so to speak.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really don't have a favorite, as much as I do preferences. I personally enjoy Tauren and Trolls, simply for their appearance and their culture. I enjoy the personalities they seem to have and just how they act in general draws my interest. Classwise I still have no favorite, I personally favor warrior because it fits my personality of rush in, get it done, get back to the fun part. Druids are also something I enjoy, the more introspective personalities they tend to have are entertaining to play and watch others play.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting a really in depth roleplay experience with a friendly and open minded community. I've been through far too many rp groups where out of character connections and favoritism take precedence over roleplay. I want to see in character more than out, and I want to see a strict separation with the IC and OOC

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

That's a bit of a hard one, I rather like them all. But if I had to pick just one, it would be Humility. I've been through so many games where people would get upset if their character wasn't the center of everyone's universe. The world is a nasty place, yeah. Your character isn't the only one who's had a terrible life, get over it. I've even listened to people get upset oocly to the point of screaming and actually even crying because I wouldn't break my character in order to fit to theirs.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: Well.. Here's a mini-story I did on an rp server forum for my little kha character in that game. If you don't know what a kha is, it's basically an anthropomorphic big cat. Orcs in this game also had a different sort of language, so there's that too.. but yes! Story time!

The stars glittered far above in the night sky, a warm glow coming from the lanterns of the Cloud Temple. It was silent, the monks long finished from the chores of daylight, the people either within their own homes or the free beds of the inner temple. A cool breeze flowed along, masking the gentle pit pat from soft pink paw pads. White whiskers twitched, vines splaying as a sleek form slipped through, their emerald tendrils gently running along the cinnamon spotted shoulders in an almost loving caress as the small body slid forward low to the ground.

The clouds rolled along lazily, thin and wispy as they curled in the barely moving wind, casting just enough darkness for the fainted azure gleam to stand out as the body behind them blended with the seamless curves and bends of the scenery. A rounded ear flicked as the body froze, a low thump, followed by a grunt. The creeping form dropped down, resting on its stomach as the thumping continued, a snort or grunt sounding out as it neared. Narrow shoulders rolled, a tiny muzzle opening as the teeth bared, tongue curling as spotted sides expanded, the lungs within drawing in deep breaths as the maw tasted the very air it pulled inward. A misty cloud slowly dissipated, the moonlight spilling down upon broad shoulders of dusty green.

The orc's head lifted, thick yellow tusks, chipped and worn from a hardened life gleamed as the heavy jaw opened in a deep yawn. Great arms lifted upwards, the hulking creature grunted slightly as he stretched, head tilting sharply as his neck cracked, a rumble of pleasure following shortly. He lumbered forward, heavy form causing tiny vibrations in the stone as he moved along from his enormous bulk.

Quietly, the small form slunk along, furred stomach just barely above the smooth interlocking brick beneath, ears flicking back and forth as tiny muzzle curled in an eager grin. The orc walked on, thick fingers rubbing the back of it's bulging neck as he slowly made his way out of the temple. His boots crunched on the coarse gravel, tiny crinkles made by the miniscule paws following a short distance behind. He paused, pointed ear flicking lightly as he glanced behind, brow furrowing as his lip curled with a deep growl.

There was nothing following.

He turns forward, head snapping up sharply as he gives a deep snort, red eyes staring at the slender form standing just ahead of him on the path. The feminine curves drew his eye long them as the figure walked along, thick brown hair swaying in opposite time of thin hips. He started forward, though a little faster this time, sizing up the tiny female shape ahead. Thick green lips twitched, a lopsided grin forming as his hand reached out. The soft warmth of the cinnamon locks danced over his finger tips for a short second before the female quickened, moving just out of his reach.

The orc growled, brow furrowing as he moved to match the pace set by his miniscule prey in attempt to overtake her. Yet each time his fingers brushed close, feeling the warmed of the others body, she quickened, until both moved at a swift walk. He didn't notice the trees slowly closing in as they entered the forests, needled branches arching overhead as they began to blot out the glimmering moon and twinkling stars. He gave a snarl, lurching forward to break into a run, when the female stopped dead. He blinks, brow raising slightly as he stood there, hand still outstretched. He could just barely see the outline of the form before him, the scent of her warmth and soft rush of her breath making his ears prick in focus. He would not let something so tiny escape him.

"Yeh be followin' Gem lawng time, meyah?" Purred a gentle voice, "Yew want play wit Gem?"
The orc snorted, a mild confusion entering his head as the female turned. A hand set itself within his own, the miniature thing barely even filling his palm. Something felt slightly off about the female, but it did not matter, he had captured her, in a way. That was all that mattered at the moment. He nodded, grinning widely as the tiny form stepped closer to him.

"Alrigh' 'den.. Gem will play wit yeh.." she whispered as her head lifted, azure eyes glimmering in the darkness as they slowly opened, staring up at the orc. A sharp pain filled his hand, making him grunt and look down.

Thick curving claws of gold had sunk into his flesh, hooking themselves as the female form giggled, a distorted purr in its undertone. He yanked his hand back as he stepped away, pulling up his axe from the thick belt around his waist. The female darted forward, a feline yowl echoing in the night as the orc roared in response, hand raising as he readied his weapon to strike down the foolish attacker.
He gave a sharp snort as she suddenly skidded to the side, claws raking along his hip as she swept around. He snarled and twisted, axe just barely grazing the top of the thick mane as she zipped and zagged around. The two spun and twisted, each making their swings, yet the orcs each seemed to fall just barely short, shearing off tiny bits of fur now and again.
The branches rustled as the feline form slammed against the trunk of an old oak, claws scraping as she scrambled upward. The orc gave a laugh as blood oozed thickly from the myriad of shallow slashes across his thick hide.

"Nub'hosh kitteh, lat nub flat me!" He boomed, thumping his chest proudly. Azure eyes gleamed as the female stood on all four paws upon the branch, ears flicking about as she stared down upon the orc. Suddenly she swayed, falling sideways off her perch. Her body twisted almost seeming to lazily stretch as her spine contorted and curved until her tiny paws faced downward. With a soft pat, she landed, still standing on all her paws as she faced the hulking wall of green-skinned muscle before her. Her nose flared, ears pricked forward as she panted openly, a sign of her stamina reaching its limit. This would be the final move, whomever struck first would be the victor.
Both surged forward, voiced booming in twin roars, a primal fire raging within them both. The orc's arms lifted over his head as he gripped his axe with both hands, preparing for a hard finishing blow. The cat's eyes widened as the blade begain its decent, aiming to split her diminutive skull cleanly.
But it was not to be.

Her claws forced up from tiny back paws, digging in for a sudden grip upon the earth as she burst forward in a great leap. Her body stretched out to it's fullest extent, the pads of her forepaws just barely touching the dirt before the orcs toes before her spine curved upward and legs gathered below. Her arms rose, folding over her head as his own came down around her in a rushed, momentary embrace. The pink of feline tongue filled the orc's vision for a short moment, a flash of wicked sharp teeth followed by a wave of crimson.
Then nothing.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, not at all.
Hello there, DecoLamb! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin