Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gibuya's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, to begin, let me make this clear; I have little to no experience with role playing. I have played for quite some time on retail, private servers, and have seen a glimpse of the RP world; but never really put myself out there. RP does intrigue me, but I really haven't found the right "group" to educate me on how an RP community works, and conducts itself on a day to day basis. The idea of having to stay in character unless otherwise stating that i am talk ((ooc)) is most likely gonna be a drawback for me. I most likely will slip up a few times, but I apologize in advance if this situation occurs.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, to keep it simple you may call me Gibuya (although I doubt that's nowhere a RP kind of name). I have played wow since Vanilla Beta (yes that long..sad I know). I enjoy all types of interaction between players; whether it be in game, on teamspeak/skype/vent, over forums, or on video chat. I love both the PVE and PVP aspects of the game. I'm not really a "hardcore" player perse, but rather involved in what I get myself into. So let it be known, if my introduction/application is accepted; I will do my best to live up to the communities expectations the best I can.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live in the US, and English is my primary language. I do speak a little of Spanish, but nothing to boast or flaunt about.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

As I said earlier, I have payed for several years. I cannot really remember what exactly peaked my interest into the game. WoW was my first, and still to this day my only MMO played.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Well to be honest, one of your members made a forum post on another server's forums. Her name is auroraphoenix44. I do not know if she is still here or not, but thank you for the recommendation.

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:

I am open to any kind. I'm here to learn. I'm not gonna sit back and pretend I know what I am talking about. So any advice or help on getting involved in the RP scene / community would be greatly appreciated.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite class would have to be Priests or Rogues. Its really a toss-up for me.
I love the fact that priest (sacred as they can be) still can possess the power to strike down enemies while still caring for there friends in need. They are the ideal healers (Spiritually, Emotionally, and Physically).

When I think of rogues... the name (death walker) comes to mind for some reason.
They feel no remorse, and will do almost anything to gain an advantage over opponents. They rely on skill, wits, and speed to defeat all that are in their path.
Deadly poisons, Distraction, and Stuns can be considered their only friends for they are known thieves and liars.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I have no idea to expect, but I am intrigued to find out.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

As stated earlier, the fact that I must stay in character as much as possible. It's going to present a challenge since I am not used to this kind of environment; but I look forward to it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Well you all know my experience, or rather the lack thereof.. I'd like politely ask if this part may be put off until I feel I am more confident in the writing style that RP demands. If I am going to do this, I want to do it correctly. I will promise though, that I will come back to this thread when I have learned some more, and have an actual story to tell rather than making something up and hoping to get accepted.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I am pretty laid back kind of person. I am not afraid to as questions when I don't know something. I'm always here to help should anyone ever need it. Reliability, Honesty, and Trust are what I try to live by. I'm not perfect, but I try to always do whats right and whats expected of me.
Hello there, Gibuya! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Don't worry about being new to roleplaying. We've had a lot of new players who were new to the concept and I think they've settled in just fine. There's plenty of people here who'd love to help you along, so don't worry about messing up or nothing. We've all done that enough to know what it's like, so no one's going to get on your case about it (and if they do, you know who to talk to!--us!).

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
Welcome to CotH!

I really liked your introduction, and of you will need any help you would find me most of the time on a toon named Celen ( she is a rogue).

I liked your view on rogues a lot, and I would like to help you take that view and help you make it to reality ICly.

As I said, welcome to CotH and I hope you will like it here!

PS: if I am not on Celen, look for me at the looking for group chat! :3