Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kyrstra's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm Kyrstra. I've played WoW for four years now, but only RP'd two out of those four.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
The country I come from is the US, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My older sister was originally the one who started playing (She was big into raiding and all that), but eventually my little sister and I became interested and bought the game ourself.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Two friends of mine spoke highly about the server and it's community, so I figured; why not? That, but they also don't play retail that much at all anymore, and I miss'em.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Any, really. There isn't a specific one that I enjoy more than others.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Undead, mostly because it was the first race I ever played when I started, and the only one I continued to play when my faction is Horde. Not only that, but they're fun to RP, depending on the approach you take.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A good community, and new RP experiences, hopefully.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Out of all the rules, the one that appeals to me the most is respect. I like this one most, because where I come from respect is hard to get and receive from other people.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Do you really have to haul that thing around everywhere we go?" Came the loud, shrill and obnoxious complaint, obviously deciding on the tone, it was one of a Sin'dorei woman. Nearest the riverbank, not too far from the local town of Brill, were two women. One hunched over, and one standing at a proud height. The one that was hunched over swung her head over to the Sin'dorei and snickered, offering her a bag.
"Want one?" She asked curiously, "They really aren't that bad. Nice to chew on when you're bored and have nothing to do." She couldn't help but let a grin curl along her mouth, though the view of what was inside wasn't pleasant; black and yellow cracked teeth lined along her gums, some even missing in some areas. The bag she spoke of was dripping dark red liquid on to the grass below.
"That's honestly quite revolting, Kyrstra." The Sin'dorei snapped, unsheathed disgust clear on her features as she stared into the bag, and then up to the woman. "You obviously lack common decency."
"Hmm? What was that?" Kyrstra asked distractedly, reaching into the bag herself and producing a small finger; a Gnome's perhaps? She placed the fleshy digit between her cracked teeth as she tied the opening to the bag securely, holding it in one hand whilst the other helped her gnaw into the digit.
Illy let out a gagging sound, the green hue of her gaze flickering away as she studied the murky, dirty water of the river they stood near. She stood at the average height for her kind, her posture straight and respectable-- as she saw all women should be like, her scrawny form covered by a loose robe. Even then, that wasn't even to keep the chill of Tirisfal off of her, clutching a cloak tightly around her form as her seemingly golden hair was tied back into a ponytail, stray strands falling annoyingly over her right eye.
Kyrstra was quite the opposite of what she was, hunched over and disgusting, to say the least. She had pale skin that stretched across her small form, though some areas were rotting faster than others, obviously by the view of ligaments and tissue that could be seen. At a sweeping gaze, she could've seemed normal, but up close there was no such thing. She was clad in black leather armor, which was secured by numerous strap and buckles that could be found all over her form. Her withered hair fell uselessly down to her shoulders, a dirty cloth hat secured tightly over her head, the brim of it covering her eyes, yet leaving her 'revolting' smile open for all to see.
"Why are we even stopping here? So you can chew on those disgusting things?" Illy's shrill voice peaked again, causing Kyrs to wince and scowl at her rather hatefully.
"So you can chew on those disgusting things? I'm Ilestria, and apparently I don't like my own fingers!" She mimicked, her own tone rising in octaves to try and match the other woman's. "Am I talking like you, yet? Or do I need to stretch my voice higher?" She snapped. "If you really don't like it all too much, you can march yourself back to the main road and go from there. I'm taking an easier and faster route, and if you can't keep your mouth shut for more than five seconds, you're welcome to leave." She grumbled.
"Rude!" Illy retorted, "Are you like this to everyone you come across? I've never met someone so.." She voice trailed off as she complained, though Kyrstra wasn't paying attention to that. Her head swung around to her right, as if she were waiting for something specific before they moved along.
"No, it's just you." She finally replied, despite the fact she had only heard the little tidbit of what she was speaking of, clearing her throat rather rudely, as she spat a glob of phlegm onto the ground absentmindedly. Her hoarse voice strained to carry over the wind, "We can't linger here any longer. We need to keep going east." She insisted, turning her head back around to stare at Illy. "Maybe if we move, you might just keep yourself quiet."
Illy went to respond, her mouth opening as if words were about to escape, but Kyrstra had already turned her back to her and started to stalk away, her bag almost dragging against the ground as she moved. Illy paused a second, before following slowly, her feet causing the blades of grass beneath them to hiss, almost in protest for the direction they were going. A shudder ran up her spine as another chill seemed to hit her, moving through the cloth she wore, causing goosebumps to form along her delicate skin.
"How much longer until we'll reach another town again?" She called curiously, unable to resist looking about.
"Two days until we can reach an actual town, depending on how fast we move." Kyrs called from over her shoulder, her voice hard to hear over the breeze that moved through the air. Surprisingly, when they weren't standing near eachother, the Undead woman seemed friendly, if not a little more serious. A pang of regret hit Illy as she remembered how rude she, herself, was being.
Even then, she couldn't help but try to block out the sound of slithering grass behind her, convinced that it was mostly the wind and her imagination, and not something actually following them. That fear, of course, would be addressed later.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope!
Hello there, Kyrstra! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin