Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Corpsedancer's Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I like to consider myself a bit of a hobbyist writer, and have been told I have some talent in that department on more than one occasion. I don't actually do much in the way of actual writing, but do quite a bit of roleplay. I prefer it to solo storywriting due to the fact that it isn't just your ideas being implemented into the narrative, allowing it to take exciting and unexpected twists. Other people have a tendency to come up with things you may never have thought of. I discovered I take great joy in creating plot arcs for others to take part in, primarily playing the role of the main antagonist.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am a native of the United States, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A first experienced the setting of Warcraft by playing Warcraft II, but it didn't really stick until I got to sink my teeth into the third installment of the series. It certainly had a rich and interesting setting, but it was nothing compared to World of Warcraft, which I began playing a few month after its release. Most of my friends had already been playing it for some time. I loved the setting, as it was both exceptionally dark, but also filled with silly, light-hearted humor. I was also one of the few out my group of friends that loved the art style. It actually wasn't until these last few years that I truly sunk myself into the lore of the setting. My favorite part of the lore, I have to say, is the Old Gods. The quests and raids involving them are most certainly my favorite (But that's mostly because I discovered that cosmic horror is just my thing).

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I discovered Conquest of the Horde simply by doing a search on Google for private WoW roleplay servers. I wanted to roleplay in the game, but I wanted more than the official roleplay servers could offer me. Heck, most of the RP server no one actually roleplays, which is ridiculous.

Out of the few private roleplay servers I looked at, CotH had by far the most things about it I liked, such as the game world primarily acting as a roleplaying aid, a graphical chat interface. I really didn't just want to play the game unofficially with a little roleplay thrown in.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I take enjoyment of all kinds of roleplay, from drama, to action, to horror (Oh how I love that one), to simple mundane character interaction. It all has its place.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
At first, my favorite race was Tauren, but of course my friends all decided to go Alliance. I generally dislike being forced into generic Fantasy races like Elves and Dwarves, so I didn't join them, and instead went Horde by myself. Later on, with Burning Crusade, I fell in love with the Draenei. I then joined my friend as Alliance. They just have an aesthetic that appeals to me (Plus the females are just too cute). Finally, with the Introduction of Worgen, they became my new favorite race. I just have a fondness for anthropomorphic bipedal animals.

As for favorite class, I jumped around awhile, eventually settling on priest. I rather enjoyed healing parties in instances for some reason, and Mind Control was in my opinion the most entertaining ability in the game. And then I played Warrior past 30. I will have to say that Warrior is my favorite class. Tanking is entertaining, and I just love their ability set. My Warrior was my first character to reach 90.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I suppose my expectations aren't particularly difficult to realize. I just want to have fun, create a character I love, in general, and maybe get back into my Gamemaster like role of creating plot arcs for others to enjoy.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I have to say, there isn't a rule I dislike on the server. All of them, in my personal opinion, are important for this type of roleplay, although I am a bit of a stickler for proper spelling and grammar, as well as description in posts. I also have to say, Humility and respect can go a long way, and Godmoding frustrates me to no end. I've been on the receiving end of it on many an occasion.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
For this, I'll just make use of the one I did last time (With some minor alterations) until I can come up with something better. Honesty, I really like how this one came out.

Two small figures crept slowly and silently towards an abandoned, dilapidated crypt sitting in the middle of a long forgotten graveyard. It was strangely devoid of any sign of the walking dead, despite being so close to Scourge territory. As the two silhouettes closed the distance, the eerie silence was suddenly broken by a slightly grating voice.

"Why do these things always have to be at the bottom of a dark spooky crypt? Just once, why can't it be somewhere, I don't know, well lit, and not surrounded by dead things? I mean, I don't see any right now, but you can only assume..."

The blue-haired gnome stopped and turned her goggle-obscured eyes onto the goblin behind her, her face contorting slightly into a scowl as she simply glared at him for a long moment. "You're the one that wanted to come along. Remember all that stuff about making sure your future investment was secure?"

The goblin frowned, reaching a hand up to scratch lightly at the base of a long green ear. "Yeah, well, things have a tendency to change when you step in something that was probably once a person, y'know?"

"Shush." The gnome placed a finger to her lips. "We're almost there."

Moving to the entrance, the two diminutive creatures stopped for a moment to carefully peer down the cracked stone stairs, to make sure it was clear of anything that might get a particular kick out of doing them gruesome harm. So far, all clear.

The gnome motioned with her hand for the goblin to follow. "All clear. C'mon, let's go, and no talking. We're going to do this quiet. Quiiiiieeeet." She drew the last word out in order to put particular emphasis on it.

The goblin acquired a particularly irritated expression before the pair entered the crypt, moving carefully down to its deeper levels.

It wouldn't be long before the two made it to a spacious, open chamber with a large sealed metal door at the opposite end. Roughly in the middle of the chamber was all manner of alchemical and surgical equipment, soiled by various colored fluids. Several nearby tables were littered with severed body parts and displaced organs, some still leaking juices onto the worn wooden surfaces. An operating slab had what looked to be an Abomination in progress. It was missing a head and most all of its limbs. Yep, this certainly looked like the residence of a Scourge doctor.

The gnome gazed about the chamber slowly, taking careful note of her surroundings. "Doesn't look like the doctor's home." With that, she stalked over to a table littered with more alchemical equipment, peering into the various bottles, vials, and other containers.

The goblin decided that his talents were better utilized in keeping a lookout. Getting mauled by ghouls wasn't on his list of things he wanted to do today. As he gazed about the creepy chamber interior, his large ears would suddenly perk as the gnome let out a sound of delight. She was holding a bottle of vile purple fluid in her hands.

"This is it! The serum we've been looking for!" She snatched a cork off the table and squeezed it into the bottle's opening, keeping the contents safely sealed away for now. Who knows what it would do on contact with flesh.

"Good, then let's get outta here! I've had enough of the creeps as I can take!" The goblin turned towards the exit, suddenly stopping dead in his tracks, his ears splaying at what he saw. "Aw crud."

Standing in the entryway was the Scourge doctor, clad in a filthy green lab-coat, the machine on his back churning away noisily as it dripped a putrid green substance onto the floor.

Fredrick's jaw dropped as he stared at the two small creatures in his lab. His discolored face contorted into a mixed expression of confusion and rage. "W-what? No! That's not fair! I just relocated here!" He growled and moved quickly towards a lever in the corner of the room, gripping it in a rotting hand. "I can't make any progress if you wretched adventurers keep stealing my work! Not long ago more of you vermin stole my notes! I've been trying to reverse-engineer the serum from the only successful batch I've got left. If you take that, I wont have anything!" He pulled the lever with an audible metallic groan, followed by a heavy click. "Creations! Protect your master's work!"

With a loud rumble, the heavy metal door at the opposite end of the room fell into the floor with a heavy whump, dust and cobwebs being thrown into the air. With much grunting, growling, and sickenig gurgling, completeled Abominations began to pour out into the chamber.

"Kill the intruders and retrieve my serum!" Fredrick screamed as he pointed the exposed claw-like bone of an index finger at the Gnome and Goblin.

"Eeep!" The gnome squealed as she drew the short blades from her hips, preparing herself for combat while the goblin ran up to her, more or less using her as a living shield as he shivered with fright. He had a rifle slung over a shoulder, hanging by its strap, but it seemed it didn't occur to him to actually use it to defend himself.

"You can take these guys, right?"

The worried expression the Gnome gave in response was far from reassuring. "Um, actually, I think there might be just a few too many. I think the best option is to RUN!" Screaming the last word, the little gnome took off for the exit, serum in hand, followed closely by the terrified goblin.

Snarling and roaring, the abominations surged forward with speed that belied their hulking forms, brandishing massive cleavers and swinging barbed hooks on chains. The monstrosities quickly closed the distance as the small figures fled down the narrow hallway that led to the stairs.

After multiple heavy thumps, Fredrick watched the scene unfold before him in absolute horror. The abominations plugged up the entryway with their grotesque stitched bulks. Not a single one made it through. Placing his hands to his face, Fredrick began to sob.

A lone abomination moved up to the doctor, placing a meaty hand on his back, patting him in a consoling manner. "We sorry, we try harder next time."
Hello there, Corpsedancer! Welcome (back) to Conquest of the Horde!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin