Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am 28 years old. I have been playing mmorpgs since the first final fantasy online came out. Since then, I have played many others such as WoW, Rift, GuildWars, and Forsaken World, just to name a few. I have been doing in depth rp on a minecraft server called Lord of the Craft for the past 4 months and have come to love roleplaying in all its forms immensely.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I am from America, and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played Wow, a few years ago for almost a year, however, due to unforeseeable events, I had to quit playing before cataclysm was released.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
A friend of mine mentioned that he played on a WoW rp server, and, as I enjoy his rp immensely, inquired further about it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like a mix of styles. I love being able to kick back and have relaxing rp and just have fun. However, I also like to have adventures and be in the middle of things as they happen. Chaos can be extremely fun and rewarding in terms of character development.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: well if I'm alliance I either play a draenei, but if I play horde, then I'm an undead or an blood elf. As to which class I prefer, I'm usually a warlock or a hunter. Something with ranged attacks anyway. I prefer not to get my hands dirty with up close work if I can help it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Since I have seen that you greatly encourage serious rp, I expect to be able to actually roleplay on the server, instead of many other servers who claim to be rp servers, yet have little or no rp involved in them. And usually, the rp that is in them focuses only on picking up women at taverns with cheesy pickup lines.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Quote: Generally, any type of RP is allowed, AS LONG AS EVERY PARTICIPANT IS COMFORTABLE WITH IT.
Quite frankly I like this attitude. It allows for some interesting situations to occur, whether a romantic scene between two characters or a high inquisitor extracting information from a reluctant prisoner. It also gives people a chance to say "no I don't want to do this, it makes me uncomfortable" and giving them a way out of something that they might not be prepared to deal with.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Talithia turned around, staring at the man in shock. "Excuse me? I don't think so!" She glared at him for his impertinence. "You most certainly will not force me to move from this door. She doesn't want to see you!" Talithia folded her arms over her chest, standing her ground in the face of her angry ex-fiance.
Rosso moved closer to her, looming over her short frame to try to intimidate her. "Move woman, you have no right to deny me and entrance to her room if I want to go see why she was crying."
Tossing her hair over her shoulder Talithia snorted. "No right? I'm on the damn council and she herself has refused her own fiance entrance, I have every right. You can turn around and go home." She pauses as her tries to loom over her again. "And, just so you know, you don't intimidate me at all." With those words, she let her eyes wander past him, clearly dismissing him out of hand.
Enraged by her refusal to cower before him as she usually did, Rosso reached for her throat, and began to squeeze her neck, trying to force her to his will, or choke her until she passed out.
Hurt beyond measure that the man who once claimed to love her above all others could lay hands on her in such a manner, Talithia drew out an ornately rune-carved dagger and placed the tip of it under his rib, right above his kidney. Her eyes grow frigid and she hisses, "Remove your hands from me, Rosso, or I will eviscerate you where you stand." She pushes the dagger into his side, to emphasize her point.
Bewildered by the fact his once sweet, loving fiance could turn on him so viciously, his anger ignites into a white-hot rage, and he increases the pressure on her throat, before shoving her light frame against the wall and then pushing past her, ignoring the sounds of shock and outrage that the onlookers uttered at his cruel treatment of such a sweet, caring person as Talithia.
She watches him as he walks up the stairs, her hurt and betrayal slowly turning into a bitter hatred.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Not at all. I look forward to being able to rp on one of my favorite games.
Howdy, pixie524, I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you for your story, it was an interesting excerpt -- I don't know quite enough about Rosso but boy looks to have himself a bit of an anger problem :). It's nice to see someone interested in Draenei and Forsaken RP! Does your friend play on this server (and, if so, what's their username)?

As you already know, taking a gander at our rules, policies and these "swelltastic" guides is a good way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat (for general communication) and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!