Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Fading Scars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When
Saturday, January 5th
3:00pm Server

[Image: Czb2l.jpg]

Fading Scars

"To the general public of Silvermoon and her allies,

The Dead Scar has been a reminder of what we all have lost because of one misguided human, a child who thought he could do what others could not. Our people have lived in fear to step outside our own walls because the Scourge linger still. They divide our families, divide our land, and divide our resources. Now it has been found that they nest between our reclaimed city and the ruins of the Wretched. While our Farstriders have done well at keeping them away, they cannot watch both their fronts and backs.

As proud as our people are, it is no sign of weakness to ask for help. We need our allies just as much as we need our own people. Any who see this, we beg of you to lend your aid in pushing the Scourge back out into the open where the Farstriders will be able to deal with them once more. Once the land between the walls is cleared, they will be able to focus on keeping the monsters away from our walls.

This is to be a force of volunteers.

To those who claim to love our homeland, come prove it to us. To those allies without whom we could not survive,, answer our plea for aid and strengthen the bonds that keep our horde together. Time and again we have stood alone. Time and again we have failed and fell. No longer.

Never again will we repeat those mistakes that brought us so close to annihalation. Never again will we stand prisoner in our own homes.

The Dead Scar awaits."

~Lady Reigen Talah'malanore

[Image: ss3_qjpreviewth.jpg]

What:

Fading Scars is an effort by the Conclave of Silvermoon to mass enough volunteers to start a campaign against the Scourge of the Dead Scar. These people have the funds and the resources to pull an offensive off, but they lack the manpower to achieve any real effect. Anyone of the Horde who is willing to lend their blade is welcome to join as this task will take every man the Conclave can get.

The goal is to clean out the center of the Dead Scar, between Silvermoon City and the Ruins of Silvermoon, and push any undead back out so the Farstriders can regain control of the area and make it safe to the citizens to cross the path once again. The event will start just outside the Scar on the north side where players will prepare for the first assault. The event chain will end when the undead have been pushed back past the path so that it may be safe to cross once more. The plan is for the event to run for eight weeks with a total of eight events [one event a week] however, depending on player success or failure, it could finish sooner or end later than planned.

Players will be assigned roles based on what they want to do during the course of the battle and their choice of role will reflect upon the rolls they make and their jobs for the events. Any planning that came up during the Conclave, as well as items provided by the houses, has been factored in to the events and will be explained further below.

Roles:

Players will be divided up into three role groups, each group having something special that makes them shine in that role over anyone else trying to do the same thing. Characters are not limited to that role each event and are allowed to switch between events. Important information for each group is highlighted in red (for decreases) and green (for HP and increases). The roles are as followed:
  • Offensive
Players who choose to mainly fight will be thrown in the offensive group. Their main job is to push back the enemy upon each assault an drive them back so land can be gained. Their secondary job is to hold off the enemy as long as possible for the techs to get the barriers up and running, in which case the enemy will no longer be able to advance for that event. They will take the most damage, but have increased HP and attacks in order to reflect upon this situation and a roll of 1d100+10 for all attacks. Characters in this roll will have a starting HP of 10. They are given a decreased defense of 1d100-10 as they are in the front line.
  • Support

Players who choose the roll of support will be put under the support group. They are able to providing healing, buffs and potions to one attacker at a time. They will also have extra potions beyond standard issue that they can use on other players via injections, as one of the noble houses supporting the attack has a business in alchemy. Each potion that a support has can only be used once during battle. They will play a major part in keeping the attackers and techs alive. They are given decreased HP of 8 and a defense roll of 1d100+10. Those who play support are allowed to attack, but are given a decreased roll of 1d100-10. Supports DO NOT need to roll to heal or use a potion on someone.

Supports may have one of each potion (plus the ones they gain in the Event Equipement) on them at the start of the event.
  • Health Potion: Heals 2 health upon injection.
  • Defense Potion: Boost defense by ten for one round.
  • Spellpower Potion: Boosts attack by ten for one round.
  • Second Wind: Puts a downed player back to half their health. Player must be at 0 HP. After two turns, the player takes a -30 to both defense and attack as side-effects kick in.
  • Technicians
Players who choose to be out of the battle one the land gain has finished and focus on getting the barriers up fall into this group. Their job is to get the barriers up as soon as possible while the other two groups protect them. Technicians are given no roll bonuses or negatives during the battle, but are also not expected to take any damage when putting the barriers up. Failure to protect the techs means the mission is also a failure. When the barriers are being put up, techs get a decreased attack and defense roll of 1d100-20. Techs receive an HP of 6.

Event Equipment:

Players will have a few items they will be able to use during the events, though not ever player will have the same item. Below is a list of items that players will have access to at the start of every event unless otherwise stated.

Potions
  • Health Potion: Heals 1 health upon drinking. Only two per person. (Given to all players)
  • Defense Elixer: Boost defense by ten for five rounds. (Given to those who are in the offensive group)
  • Spellpower Elixer: Boosts attack by ten for five rounds. (Given to casters.)
  • Shadow Protection: Players are given an option to quickly inject themselves with this potion in order to gain a 20 to their defense roll against one shadow-based attack. (Given to all players)
  • Mongoose Elixer: Upon use, users automatically gain a critical hit if they hit. They also receive a +20 to hit and a +20 for their next dodge. (Archers and rogues)

Technology
  • Beacon: When activated, this deceive will send a bright beam of light straight up. Good for making a target of attack for ranged attackers or the NPCs. One per player.
  • Personal shield: When activated, the player will be protected for one round and one round only. One use item for the event chain. Use it wisely.

How combat works:

Fading Scars focuses on two phases on combat for each event. The first phase is land gain and the second phase is getting the barriers up so that the Scourge cannot push back until the next assault.
  • Phase One: Land
In phase one, players are given ten rounds to gain as much land as they can. Everyone is allowed and encouraged to attack during this phase. There will be a threshold range to pass in order to gain or loose land. If more than half the players roll over the threshold, then the group advances to a pre-determined marker. If the amount of rolls are at half, then no land is gained and the players stand their ground. If the players roll below the threshold, the enemy pushes them back. It is crucial for the technicians to take as little damage as possible, as they have to reach phase 2.

Example One: The threshold is at 45-55. 7/10 players roll above a 55 so land is gained.
Example Two: The threshold is at 45-55. 5/10 players roll very close to 50 and the rest above or below, land is neither gained nor lost.
Example Three: One more the threshold is 45-55, but 6/10 players roll below 45. The enemy advances and land is lost.
  • Phase Two: Barriers

Phase two is where the roles really stand out. Players who are part of the offense need to keep the enemies away from the technicians and the supports need to keep those in the offense alive to do this job. Technicians will not be able to attack during this phase unless they are under attack from an enemy. The techs will focus on getting the two barriers up in order to end the battle. Once both barriers are up, the phase is complete and the event for the day is over. The more Technicians there are, the faster the barriers can come up. Each barrier needs a combined number of 200 in order to function and each battle will have two barriers that need to come up. They rely on the attackers and medics to keep enemies away from them.

As an example: There are three technicians and two barriers, needing a total number of 400 [200 each] in order for the battle to end. In the first round, technician one rolls a 5, tech two a 40 and tech three a 23, meaning the total number is at 68 out of the 200 needed for the first barrier, and 68/400 for the battle to end.

FAQ:

If anyone has any questions about something they think should be in the event post, please let me know and I'll update this section with an answer!

"Who is ready to answer the call?"

. . .

[Image: 66RbA.jpg]

(Special thanks to Sol, who helped me think of a name and helped me improve the story as well as edit my words, Caravan for helping with the wording of the finial draft and Xigo, who pushed the idea forward.)
This event looks.... Epic and VERY well done, I will do everything to come!
Count Turion in. Undead hater. :P Hope the 8 event will be on fridays/Saturdays, though. >.<
Must..join.. *head desk*
Added a date and time for when I plan to run the first event. It is subject to change depending on feedback.
I can actually attend this one!

Expect Krian to be front line fodder.
Krest shall make an appearance! Expect untold amounts of epic(nubby)ness!
15th?... I'll be in Austria that day.... But... 3:00PM? I'll...Try to attend.
Can't attend. HNNGHHH.
As long as I am not working o nthis said -15-th I will be there on xathos! Woo!
You have it the Saturday after The Hobbit is released. I don't know if I'll be able to make it.

If I can't, Leron of course would be well away from the front lines and commanding his Blades from wherever (since Salor would beat him up I'd he went fighting). Doran would be there and fighting since he wants to one-up Ralerian.
Norael smash evil.

SMASH EVIL.
... Turion or Eredion?.....Farstrider or Blood Knight? HELP ME DECIDE, PEOPLE.
. . . Crap. Yeah. If this is the Saturday after The Hobbit is released, I might not be able to make it, either. REIGEN WAT R U DOIN
...Would the -next- weekend be better for everyone? When a huge movie isn't just released?
Pages: 1 2 3