Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: An Introduction to Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hey there. I'm a student I would like to make video games. I play copious amounts of tabletop games both as a GM and player and I play with one group at least once a week. I enjoy both storytelling and being told a story. I used to play regular WoW and made the switch to roleplay by the end of Burning Crusade.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United Kingdom, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first played Warcraft 3 with many of my friends and enjoyed the campaign a lot. Imagine my surprise when I found I could play within said universe. I jumped on the prospect immediately. I enjoyed raiding thoroughly it didn't feel much like a story so I moved over to a role play server.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Google search and nostalgia mostly. What drew me to the server was how much you seem to pay attention to your community. When I moved over to the role play server many people were really fun to be around and I formed many friendships but overall the community was somewhat lacking to say the least. This server seems to fix those problems thankfully.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like watching and creating stories. I personally prefer small, character-based role play that involves a lot of character development over a long process of time as I usually find that in large role play events many people don't actually get to role play. I want to play through my character and experience others and help make something exciting for all parties.

What is your favourite race/class? Why?:
This one is a hard one. As far as race goes I'd probably have to go with the very vanilla option of human. There is just a lot of ways to go at playing one unlike something like Blood Elf which is more limited in terms of verity. Classes is ever harder! I'd have to do a cop-out and say that I enjoy playing mage and mained it throughout Burning Crusade.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I except a close-knit community of role players with a mature attitude who are interested on creating fun and interesting role play.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of them are pretty great but if I had to pick one it would be the maturity rules as they will help maintain a good community an minimise drama.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Hrm. I'll pull up something from my hard-drive I guess. Would appreciate any pointers you'd like to give or anything. I'm not under any impressions of being a great writer and I'm always looking to improve.

It's a bit big. Don't want to put too much. Find it here.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I like to improve! If you see me doing something you find irksome please don't hesitate to tell me and I will endeavour to fix it. Worse case scenario we can compromise. I just want to make sure everybody has fun.
Hello there, Slapstick (nice name)! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
Wow. That went faster than I thought it would. Thanks for the speedy approval! I'll get cracking on a character now then while my game installs and such. Looking forward to seeing what you all think.