Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Secret World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, The Secret World.

The Secret World?

The Secret World!

The Secret World is a fairly suave MMO with a modern-day urban fantasy/horror setting that's dripping with Lovecraft and Stephen King influence. It's particularly notable for its completely non-linear advancement system - there's no levels or class boundaries to speak of, only different paths and builds to take - and for its very story-driven approach to questing and so forth.

It also went completely free-to-play in the Guild Wars model, meaning you buy it once and the whole game becomes available to you with no stingy freemium scheme. I'd say it's definitely worth it. I haven't had this much fun on an MMO in years.

It also has a fairly active RP community, at least on the Arcadia server. I know a few CotHites have expressed an interest in it and I know at least me and Aroes are currently playing, so I figured we could use a thread to keep track of who's who and where. :B

Cheers guys,
Sol <3
What server? I might give it a shot at some point.
Arcadia! It's pretty busy lately.
Like I said, once I can get windows running on a partition I'd be more than happy to join in; I'll likely port a character from CotH over into TSW.
I'll get it eventually. I was in the beta and felt that it was nice, but I wouldn't want to pay a monthly fee for it. But now that I won't have to, I'm going to buy it eventually. I still have all my exclusive crap from the secret war, so screw you guys, I have Zeus' lighter.
Only thirty bucks? I'll consider it.
I'll think about it. :|
Like others have said, I'll try it eventually.
Good, the game is must better (and easier) when you play with friends. As a note, many of the quests require quite a bit of critical thinking if you choose not to use online cheatsheets...so don't go clicking on things too fast or you'll end up wasting time.
I'll just wait for it to go on sale. On Steam.
Like all things do. Always.
It's on sale now for like, 22 bucks.

BOUGHT IT.
I got TSW gifted to me. So... Templars, anybody?
Well, they're no Teutonics.
I'm goin' Illuminati.
[Image: the-secret-world-dragon.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4