Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Roleplay-Friendly Nagrand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its been on my mind for quite a bit and I think Nagrand would make a great place to do Draenei-Orc oriented RP, it has a nice grassy terrain to it, it has a "endless plains" feeling to it, and its in the Outlands. The only problems are the great deal of higher-level mobs (levels 64 - 67 respectively) which would pose a challenge for anyone wanting to do open RP in that particular zone, there's also only one OOC portal and only one RP location listed (that I know of) on the OOC portals, making this place a lifeless desert.

One way to go about fixing this is by perhaps setting up Draenei-oriented (but not limited to) housing and "encampments" throughout the place, or by taking advantage of the abandoned-by-default PVP objectives in the zone and adding onto them (or setting up OOC portals that transport directly to the places). Another way is to clear out or neutral the hostile mobs in the zone, this would make several former NPC hotspots a potential for both guildbases and casual RP centers. Albeit the solution to this RPless zone is open to suggestions/speculation, anyway if action is made to secure Nagrand as an RPable area it could encourage people to role on their Draenei/Orcs more often, possibly leading to storylines and such, and maybe more.
I support this with arms flailing and church bells ringing personally, but there are a few things that might need to be mentioned;

Since Nagrand was pretty much the orc's most sacred territory, understandably the Draenei would not have had many settlements there. They have Telaar, Halaa, and that one abandoned armory place, but the rest of it is what its chief inhabitants are; orcish.

I will admit, though, that turning Halaa into somewhat of a new neutral RP zone for Outland would be very cool to see, considering it could be inhabited and guarded by both Mag'har and Korkul (or Draenei) in a peaceful state, since both races are only at each other's throats when the Alliance/Horde is around.

Nagrand RP is awesome, and I love Nagrand just barely as much as Grizzly Hills, but the thing with zones like Nagrand is this; The zone's mob presences sometimes need to be taken at face-value, and the unique locations that could be used as bases and hotspots are that; unique, and very few. Nagrand doesn't have many towering fortresses like Kil'Sorrow or ruined villages like the Burning Blade Ruins and that one place in northern Nagrand with the arena. So while it'd be an awesome idea to increase RP in Nagrand, it brings up the famous question most GMs attribute to these kinds of things (from what I've seen, that is); would it actually be used? Would it be used actively? Or would it be a hotspot for about a month then gather dust in the bottoms of CotHia?

Again, I support this with a lot of glee and want for RP in Outland, but some of those points I got up there can be a downer for the idea :c
Actually, I dunno WHEN it happened....

But Halaa is no longer populated by PvP NPCs. It is compeltely empty, so you can RP as anything you'd like!

However, it WOULD be nice if there was an OOC portal to Halaa.
I do believe it was cleared out after a similar thread was made.

Was it furnished?
It isn't, but I rather like it that way. The emptiness lets you assume it being anything you want it to be.

If it is to be furnished and populated, I'd like it to be in a phase so we don't lose empty Halaa, or perhaps vice versa. I like Zenethen's idea of it being a Mag'har-Kurenai neutral town... or maybe a Shattered Sun outpost.

Personally I want Arathi Basin more than a furnished Halaa
Is the PvP finally disabled in Halaa?
I believe so.
Ah, good! I remember that one time we had a Draenei party there and some Horde claimed Halaa for his end ... >___>