Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Glasscake's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm a very nerdy person when it comes to roleplaying. I get really immersed in the setting, and I'm the kind of guy who will spend hours reading lore just for the sake of knowledge. I love being part of a greater cause, like working towards a guild or faction effort. I can usually work my character's roleplay to accommodate any and all participants. While I can be the center of attention, I commonly prefer to take the backseat in a large-scale roleplay and let others take the lead while I play along.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States, and my primary language is English. I do know a little bit of Spanish, for what it's worth.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played Warcraft 3 RoC and TFT quite often, moreso for the characters and the lore rather than the gameplay. When World of Warcraft was released, I was ecstatic at the prospect of being able to create my own character, with my own story. The lore, characters, and familiar settings of the game have kept me playing ever since World of Warcraft was released.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I play on a great roleplaying realm, Wrymrest Accord - US. Unfortunately, I find that the roleplaying community has dwindled down considerably in the past few months. Not about to let my roleplaying spirit be extinguished, I looked to the almighty Google for the next best thing - a private server, and a roleplaying one nonetheless. I found many servers, some with enticing features like an All-GM realm. But it took me about five seconds to realize that I'd be seeing alot of ridiculous roleplaying attempts on a server like that. Close to giving up, I searched one last time, and I came across your site. I read the rules and the way you operate things, and to say that I was impressed was an understatement.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy the large-scale faction / guild / organizational roleplaying events, but if I had to choose, I would say that my preference is the small-group roleplaying scene. Roleplaying is very diverse, and if I said that I don't like some types of roleplaying, I would be lying.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race by a landslide has to be the orcs. My favorite class is a warlock. I love orcs, because of their diverse (and somewhat sinister) history. From a peaceful race on their homeworld to enslaved by demons to be used as war machines, to breaking free of their blood-curse, they've been quite a long ways indeed. As for my favoritism towards warlocks, I enjoy them simply because of how feared they are among the common populace, and their dark portrait of how everyone views them. The ability to converse and summon demonic slaves to do their bidding isn't too shabby, either.

What are your expectations of this server?:
From what I've read up on your server, the main focus is roleplaying. That's just my kind of server, thankfully. The only thing that I expect from this server is to present a fun, constructive, and friendly roleplaying environment for everyone. But I'm sure that it will, since applications are required to join the server in the first place.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
When I read over your rules, I was extremely happy to read that you didn't allow characters from other dimensions or characters that are "more powerful" than other characters. On my home realm of Wrymrest Accord, this is a common sight, and it leads to power plays. I am very pleased to know that I won't have to worry about that on your server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Ga'kroth was filled with worry. His demonic slave had not returned with the boy. How could he have continued to elude him for so long? It was clear that the boy was not as he seemed - that much was obvious, but what power could he possess to hide from the large array of magical minions Ga'kroth had sent in search of him? No matter; his minions had not failed him before, they would not fail him now. He turned to his scrying orb once more to gaze over the battlefields below. Orc against human, human against orc, much blood was needlessly spilled over something as trivial as race. Ga'kroth would have enjoyed this to no end, but he had bigger matters to attend. Should he fail to return with the boy, the dreadlord would have his head adorn the fiery pits of the Twisting Nether. Only time would tell his fate.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The only thing I'd like to add is my thanks for reading over this application, and for the time you spent looking it over. Thank you! Grin2
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too.), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, I have to say, your love for Orcs will go over perfectly. We have a bunch'a avid Orc players around, some of whom are the oldest bones in the community. Anyhow, we're pretty big on fairness here - "The world isn't fair, but CoTH tries to be" has become a tried and true adage across the years... Oh, and thanks for the story!

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously. PMs never killed anyone... yet.

See you around!
Ahh, another Wyrmrest Accord refugee! Welcome to the club.
Welcome! And hooray, another orc-lover!
The almighty server overlord has made a post on my introduction! /faint
Heh, if you play an orc you'll find much love here! Glad to see another to join the ranks!