Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Well, it's that time again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NOTE: This is a purge list, not just a Personal's. It sorta does work like a Personals in that I'm seeking interest in my characters, but it's also doubled as to see who I can purge due to low interest.

Since my last blog concerning purging my characters last June, the numbers in my accounts have filled up once more. Looking at my characters, the following are profiled:

Summer of last year (or just last year in general), I've had many characters but only focused on one or two. Nowadays, though I still frequently RP a handful, that handful is a bigger number. Besides Kapre, Mahen'tosh, and Dino, you're also most likely to see the likes of Diwaata, Jami, Tibalan, Kogan, and Aimee a bit more frequently. The reason for this is because I stopped trying to focus character development based on mood and moreso on story; if the story or setting is more suitable for a certain character, then I will hop on that character.

As of current, I have 35 characters eating up my account space. Three of them (names undisclosed for those not part of my events) are event characters only, and once their events are over, they will be disposed. Five were created for specific RP for a guild or to be a satellite for another character (which is fine by me because satellite characters are fun in their own right). One was created to partake in RP due to interactions with some of my characters I felt was absolutely unfitting as they were created.

For the reasons I stated above, I cannot possibly say that my 35 do not get RP. Well, two of them don't, and tragically, it's on due virtue of being dwarves. While 35 isn't too bad a number within 4 accounts (I have 5 spaces left), I would like some room for at least three characters come Cataclysm, and at least two of them--my two Worgens--will be getting a good number of RP. One of them will even take hold of a guild... and that is all I am willing to divulge.

Rather than deciding on my own who goes and who stays, I will simply have the playerbase decide based on interest and character relations. Most of my decisions on my characters are based on reactions from RP and players anyway, and if players lack interest in my characters, I lack interest in my characters.

Profiled characters are exempt from the purge unless I decide to retire them on my own accord.

Below are my other characters, event ones undisclosed (as they are not intended to stick around). I did not list all unprofiled or non-event characters, however. If you know a character of mine and they are not listed below, that simply means they're safe from being purged. The likes of Mallory and Polore are absolutely safe.

Spoiler:

Imani: My namesake character, a falconer mercenary whom I've shacked up with The Grey Militia. She's an impassive stoic warrior woman whom I'd RP in the spirit of Samus Aran and Sgt. Calhoun from Wreck-It Ralph. Deadly with the bow, she is never far without her perpetually curious and nosy roc, Ayshah. A running gag is how she almost never takes off her helm, and should she do it, her hair takes up the shape of her helm.

The thing about Imani is that unlike my other characters, she lacks a story, and I want to keep it that way. Much of her character development and history is based on aloof interactions she has with other individuals, and what impressions people have of her are based on what's on the surface. In other words, she's someone who's not meant to have a lot of depth. Whether or not that'll change depends on the buddies she gets.

That depends if she's not purged, at least.

Melodi: Intended to be my second female draenei, she's appeared in only text RP by far. She's the perpetually-single adoptive mother of Kapre and Diwaata, daughter of my death knight Polore and Aldor priestess Patisha. She's fairly plain-faced with fat tendrils below the ears and super curly hair, so the visuals on her character are a bit interesting. However, attempts at getting her RP in-game have been thwarted repeatedly--either the RP would end, of the RP would be best suited for another character of mine like Kapre or Diwaata.

If she's purged, she's open to be re-rolled. She has a sad story where she developed a crush on an orc prior to the Bloodlust but has no idea what happened to him since then. However, that story won't happen unless I find a player who has an orc for that story.

Frascona: Jyovani's cousin, and an individual with a more solidly structured personality than Jyo (who is deliberately malleable). He's an ex-noble blood elf who defected blue blood decadence as he was tired of the constant backstabbing that plagued his family; he then became a pirate who was imprisoned sometime before the Third War and, thus, missed the memo of the faction alliance switch. He's a shadow priest, but for the life of me, I can't RP shadow priests. I just justify his abilities as being a dirk combatant with shadow magic used to assist him in battle.

Like Melodi, he's open to be re-rolled if I retire him. Frascona's fun, but I doubt I can keep him around given I have too many blood elves already.

Ryano: My dwarf priest whom I rolled to be a husband and son in an Alliance nobility family. What were we doing with this again???

Pulline: I worked on her profile a while, but with Gnomeregan coming already and my intentions with the event moreso focused on the NPCs and players, I may not get the opportunity to RP her at all. She's a drill sergeant nasty warrior gnome who's even closer to Sgt. Calhoun than Imani. She will break any shin and ankle who tries to punt her, all while spouting similes and metaphors that make purple prose writers turn heads. I actually RPed her before (as "Pulla"), but she didn't get much RP even when I asked. It might happen again, but we'll see if people are willing to have an army nutcase in my cast of characters.

Morfo: My second gnome character, although this one is better written for casual RP. The brother of a gnome killed by the Red Glove (via event), he only wishes to bring back Gnomeregan in his brother's memory. He's an antsy techmage who has yet to make a real name for himself. A deeper character than Pulline, but less motivation to RP. Maybe if I stick him in an event besides Gnomeregan, he'd get character development. But we'll see.

Ravyn: Hey, look, I didn't purge her last time! Warrior pirate dwarf woman whose kleptomania cannot be tamed (the only reason she's not a rogue is that stealing is not her forte despite doing it so often). She's a very fun character, but the problem with her is that she doesn't have a pirate crew to command, thus my lack of interest in pulling her out of RP. If anyone is interested in a pirate dwarf to join their crew, I'm more than willing to save her from this purge.

Guye: And yet another blood elf. This one is a bad boy cavalier who uses fire-based arcane magic to engage in rapier combat. A hedonist and a deviant, and very proud and vain. Very fun to RP, and probably far more shameless than Bastos ever would be. Still, while he was enjoyable for others who have RPed him, he can get tiring very fast. The only time he is tolerable after an extended period of time is if I have Jyovano to keep him on a leash.

Manag'gal: Hey, remember her?! Mahen'tosh's granddaughter who is training to be a Blademaster. Once I RP her again, she'd have completed her om'riggor, thus making her a full adult and soldier for the Horde. Unfortunately, I've lost drive to RP her, and she's become not much more than a satellite for Mahen'tosh. If I do purge her, she'll just be an NPC. That isn't to say I didn't have fun with her the time I did have her, though. She's very open to re-roll if anyone finds interest in her after a purge.

Rets'nis: My replacement warlock orc once Mahen'tosh becomes a shaman. He's a Shadow Council baby who was aged just before the Council's fall by Doomhammer's.... hammer, so to speak, so he spent almost all his life in Outland without much contact with those involved with Azeroth. Very awkward fellow but by no means shy; he has no sense of personal boundaries, so he'll touch you in many an uncomfortable way just out of sheer curiosity. At first, he was going to be a preachy 'lock with absolute loyaly to the fel, but I may change that. I really, really love this character, though, and I enjoy him when I do log onto him and RP. But he's so awkward to RP as a WoW character, so he may be open to the purge bin to try again later.

Sarunne: The character was originally named Velio Gallo, and he was to be my character for The Commoner's Party. However, I was no longer interested in RPing Velio, and now, I am losing interest in RPing Nigel Sarunne. He was created to be more politically minded and, thus, appropriate for the guild. But if I purge him, I can just replace him with Mallory, my Appleflow lady. We'll see.

Patisha: My Aldor draenei priestess, intended to be the guild leader of <The Aldor> guild. She's a stern but motherly figure, but very racist to anyone who isn't a draenei, even if that other individual is an ally of hers. She also has a story of her own--she doesn't know her husband Polore has become a death knight, didn't know her daughter Melodi was once in love with an orc, and certain doesn't know Diwaata and Kapre are courting/marrying non-draenei (a human and a blood elf, respectively). As of current, I haven't made anything up for the Aldor, but if I gain enough support, that may change.

Sunita: Kal'dorei priestess, and my second one after I retired my first (in fact, they're sisters). An "ice queen", so to speak, who is loyal to her people and cannot, for the life of her, understand the ways of the other Alliance races. Though of a kind heart, she often comes across as a stone-cold harridan. She is actually carrying a little surprise within her, but she won't tell anyone what it is. I hope for some RPers to properly train her as a priestess (mostly because I cannot understand Elunite religion from a priest's point of voice--I'm used to druids). But if there aren't any others who'd like to try her out....

So that's that. Feel free to vote for whom you believe should stick around or if you feel they should have a chance at more RP. I actually want to make it a goal to purge at least four characters, which while doesn't sound like a lot, it does make room for Cataclysm characters I do intend to roll and RP with some frequency.

EDIT: I tried to make a poll, but max 10 options. I have 14 open to be purged. HUURRRRRR. Just say who you're interested.

The following have votes to be exempt from a purge:

Spoiler:

Imani: 2
              Melodi: 2
              Frascona: 1
              Ryano:
              Pulline:
              Morfo:
              Ravyn:
              Guye: 2
              Manag'gal: 1
              Rets'nis: 1
              Sarunne:
              Patisha: 2
              Sunita: 3

Lets see..I'll align RPable characters the best way I can think of right now.
For all of your Draenei characters I can role Jakodus (a 25,000+ draenei although looks and acts young) And for Melodi's case I can role Krekthar, who when he isn't being a rage-filled and drunken blademaster is being silent as ever, likely old enough to of been on Draenor.

I think all of your blood elves would fit nicely with Telendrin, my single parented Sin'dorei exile, who has a mischevious personality to him although is more or less better known as the criminal exile.

For Sunita I can role my only Nelf, Kaedor. An introverted and shy Northrend Veteran and wonderer.
(I hate typing with freezing hands)
(12-26-2012, 05:59 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: [ -> ]              Manag'gal: Hey, remember her?! Mahen'tosh's granddaughter who is training to be a Blademaster. Once I RP her again, she'd have completed her om'riggor, thus making her a full adult and soldier for the Horde. Unfortunately, I've lost drive to RP her, and she's become not much more than a satellite for Mahen'tosh. If I do purge her, she'll just be an NPC. That isn't to say I didn't have fun with her the time I did have her, though. She's very open to re-roll if anyone finds interest in her after a purge.

In addition I have interest in not having opposite hours than you.
Typing with frozen hands suck!

Counted Noble and Ural's votes.
..I need to learn to pay attention more,.
Imani and Rets'nis I'd definitely want you to keep. the DE-based characters I won't mind seeing retired, though I am partial to Ravyn despite that.

I'd like for Sunita and your two lady draenei to stick around, as well. I'm ambivalent to everyone else.
I love Guye. :|
You probably don't need Kapre, that lug takes up a lot of space.

:|
You have to keep Urameil!
Sunita needs to stay. :( WHO ELSE WILL VOLANIX CHASE AFTER?!
Quote:Well, two of them don't, and tragically, it's on due virtue of being dwarves.

How .. I don't.. even.. :(
Quote: Manag'gal: Hey, remember her?! Mahen'tosh's granddaughter who is training to be a Blademaster. Once I RP her again, she'd have completed her om'riggor, thus making her a full adult and soldier for the Horde. Unfortunately, I've lost drive to RP her, and she's become not much more than a satellite for Mahen'tosh. If I do purge her, she'll just be an NPC. That isn't to say I didn't have fun with her the time I did have her, though. She's very open to re-roll if anyone finds interest in her after a purge.

I don't think I'll actually make a vote for this, because I know how difficult it is to effectively RP and get screen time for so many different characters. Having a shorter list is generally for the best, and I've always enjoyed RPing a small handful of characters to a fuller degree than lots of them not all that often. Don't let this motivate you into keeping a character you otherwise wouldn't, because that's less time for everyone else, heh.

That said, however, if you do decide to keep her over some others, or bring her back later, I'd love to have her bump into Rekka at some point. She was actually somewhat in the same boat not too long ago, and will be finished with her Blademaster training relatively soon. I think they could get along very well, or even do some training if you don't have someone playing her teacher.