Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rakarth802s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I myself have been playing WoW since Vanilla, but it wasn't until the last patch of BC before I really got into roleplaying. I started getting into roleplaying after seeing, and participating in a few minor roleplays on retail here and there. Unfortunate for me I wasn't exactly satisfied with the tools available on retail so I went to google and went on a search for roleplaying servers... The first one I ran into was Echeloned Wow, so I decided to give it a try and I was pretty amazed at what wow could do in terms of roleplaying with a private server, so I decided to stay there for quite some time, developed characters, and such until they decided to shut it down. Shortly after they shut it down I moved onto SC2 roleplaying which satisfied my roleplaying crave for quite a while but it began to loose my interest as my thoughts about wow came back so I started asking around and well before I knew it a friend had told me about this website, and here I am.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I live in the United States, and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?: I got into Warcraft when I was at a friends house watching him play it... I liked the gameplay, and so I decided to give it a try. I also ended up playing Warcraft 3 to learn more about the lore, and get a better feel for the characters.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: I ended up finding this on my search for another roleplay server because a friend of mine recommended it to me shortly after a discussion we had about 2 days ago.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I can't really say I have a specific type of roleplay as I'm able to get into just about anything you put in front of me no matter what it may be. Although I mainly tend to lean towards roleplays that have variety: for example: perhaps a Combat roleplay, or a Faction roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: My favorite race to play would be Blood Elf, while my favorite class would have to be Paladin. With my experience I understand that there are plenty of Blood Elves out there, and I'm not going to rule that out, but I want to prove the not all Blood Elf players are terrible at roleplaying. The reason I feel so strong about this is that the Blood Elves fit my personality, and my character perfectly making it much easier for me to get into my character and enjoy doing so.

What are your expectations of this server?: My expectations for the server would be something around the lines of laid back a bit, not too strict but still pushy enough to keep things moving, being able to customize my character, and the ability to move around, and join rps without too much hassle.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I'd have to say that the Maturity, and god modding rule appeal to me the most. These appeal to me the most, because I don't like having people running around insulting you for a decision you made, or having people dodging like they're some being with super natural agility.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: Havenwood, a place of death, a burial ground for the dead.... Many dare to enter the woods, but none ever return. There are many stories, and myths about the place but none have ever lived to tell their tale. One day however a child wondered into the place.... Looking at her surroundings, dead bodies littered the area, but as her vision came to notice a crypt something strange overcame her senses. It seems to have made her feel calm, a feeling of safety overcame her fear..... She began to slowly walk toward it, noticing the bones on the ground moving as she approaches it.

Her sister close behind her, quickly turns and runs to get help, but as she does so the dead began to rise one by one as they pick up what ever they can and began to chase after the sister... The girl disappearing into the crypt, and the sister being chased by the dead what hope was there for these two? A man..... A warrior of the "Grand Infinum", having followed the two girls into the ruins he took arms, weidling a rune etched greatsword, and wearing armor made from the very hide of a great beast named "Old One Eye" he ran to the sister.... Picking her up he began to hack away at the never ending undead forces.... On the verge of being overran, he took off running through the ruins killing what ever got in his path, and finally the light began to show through the trees.... Emerging from the ruins he looked back but the undead would not dare chase them into the brink of day.... Shortly after escaping the woods he put the girl on his horse, and began to walk back to his kingdom.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: There is nothing I need to ask about at the moment, as the rules and such clarify what I need to know.
Hello and welcome to COTH!

It seems you come highly recommended. Your friend has been a pleasure to RP with thus far and by all accounts, the same can be expected from you as well. Also, thank you for spinning us a tale.

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you remain familiar with the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there a number of fantastic articles and guides available and they are an excellent resource even if you are familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for developing your character and for constructing your first profile, such as weight and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game (I don't personally advise joining barrens chat, due to its rediculous nature ;p) for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to contact me via PM wether I am online or off, should you require any assistance.

I hope you enjoy your stay!