Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction of Eve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Greetings. I'm Eve. I'm generally a shy person who will more likely have my partner speak to others for me before I would do it myself. Despite my shyness, I do enjoy meeting new people slowly. I might appear to be anti-social or even rude.. But I'm not trying to be. Once past my shyness exterior, inside I'm quite a nice person who enjoys helping others and creating my own things to use.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the USA and I'm an English speaker. I do however know very little French, Spanish, and Japanese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It's been a long time from when I first started to play, so I can't remember it now. However I will consider me starting over now as my new beginning with it.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
For a few days now, my boyfriend and myself have been searching for a private server with RP features and preferably higher than 3.3.5a. Seeing this server after a few and coming back to it made us want to try. This was the first server that showed promise and there was the likelihood of it working up for Cataclysm.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm more for adventure and romance when it comes to my roleplay preferences. I try to broaden my horizon with my roleplaying though. So I try giving anything at least one chance before rolling it out as something I enjoy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My race preference depends on whether I go with Hoarde or Alliance. With Hoarde I'm always a Blood Elf and I prefer to always be a mage. I enjoy elf ears and personalities. And any class involving magic is something I typically for. I rather to deal with magic than up close weapon classes especially in battle. With Allianace I tend to be a Night Elf as they are my favorite or human when I want a change. With my Night Elf character, I'm a Druid. I love being Druid and it's my favorite over-all class. I enjoy being able to fight and heal myself or others. My human classes always vary.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to find a nice community full of dedicated roleplayers. I want for look forward to coming here and seeing everyone trying their best to roleplay their hearts out.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard Skills. I'm wholeheartedly against people using abbreviations and emoticons while in character. I'm not as annoyed by it in OOC though.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((I'm copying and pasting this entry I used in a roleplay I was once it. It's an entry I'm extremely proud of and would rather use it more than anything else. If not acceptable, please tell me and I shall think up something else for you.))

Bronze fingers glided across the keyboard while the young man typed up an email meant for the love of his life, Esmay. The two have been separated by the Atlantic Ocean for the past year. His perky and petite girlfriend was away at college in America. Though he wanted nothing more than to go with her, she wanted him to stay in England. Never one to disobey her wants, he stayed. As the year has been going on, they talked less and less on the telephone. It was to the point that now his heart flipped just at getting an email from her.

To my dear sweet Esmay, I do hope you are well. Try not to stay up all night studying anymore. It makes me worry about your health. I know how busy you are, but please try to send me an email back. I would really like to talk to you tomorrow before I start at Oxford. It would really mean the world to me if I can hear your voice soon. How long has it been now? I believe a month or maybe two now. Oh! I'm very sorry to mention it again. I know you have a lot to worry over at school and shouldn't have to worry over me as well. I'm sorry, Esmay. Just keep focusing on school and we'll try working something out over the winter break. I love you. Take care.

As he locked away the emotions that started to pour out through the email, the young man took a deep breath. Tears were stinging at his eyes as his heart felt further away from her than ever. It had been a week since she emailed him back and he always sent a message each night before work. It was true that the girl had a lot of work to do and was constantly busy, but to not take even a moment to- Abruptly, he cut off his own thoughts. If he truly loved her, which he did, he would never start to doubt her like that.
Shutting down his laptop, the young man stretched backwards in his chair. Muscles pulled and joints cracked. The pain it caused was trivial. He had been working many nights at the local pub and his body was getting sore from the constant movement. The pain he felt after a hard night's work was very rewarding to him. He loved his job. A top his night stand his alarm clock begun to to go off; the buzzer was loud and beyond annoying, but it meant he had to start getting ready for work. Standing, he strides over to the machine and turned it off. He made way to his restroom, stripping off his clothing as he went. He had the tendency towards leaving clothing all over the place until his off days when he washed them all.
After his icy shower, he dressed in his black and white work uniform. It made him feel like a butler, but many times he had been complimented on how handsome he was. Following the solid routine, he tamed his choppy white locks. Even after such a cold shower, his body was on fire. Damn his race and their naturally built in heaters. Into his shoes and wallet tossed into his pocket, he was now ready. He locked up his apartment as he left and made his way to the pub. At this time the sun was setting. Most of the city was getting off work and would be heading to the pub for one reason or another.

The night went by quickly. Already his pockets were full of tips. It had been a very good night. There was one other bartender on the floor and a waitress of sorts. Her breasts were always pushed out and skirt barely covering and not to mention, between taking people drinks, she flirted up the guys. The other bartender was an older man with a taste for whine. He did the simple drinks while Cameron himself did the mixed drinks. He even took classes for it. The rush barely slowed even as it became morning. All that happened was the types that stuck around were slowly changing.
Spotting as a rather young looking female sat at the bar, Cameron made his way over to her and another female to whom was speaking to her. Not too sure if they were in a conversation or not, he still spoke to this sitting girl first since the other had a drink in her hand. "Welcome. What can I get for you?" His lips automatically curled into a picture smile, white teeth gleaming even in the rather dim light. His golden eyes shined as he made sure to look at both of the ladies. A true gentleman acknowledged everyone. A part of him was hoping she would order something fancy or girly. The girly drinks always took a more artistic hand and looked as good as they tasted.
As he awaited her order, he glanced at the large clock on the wall. His shift was almost over. The next week had been taken off so that he could get use to school. That was also why tonight's tips would be important to him. Not that he spent a lot of money in the first place, but he liked the feeling of being secure. There was a lot that needed done tonight. His completely honest smile never faded as his thoughts came back to the job at hand.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope this is good enough to join your community.
Hi Evelotta!

You know me, as we've already become acquainted, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar with the server’s expectations! If you need a hand making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as weight and height. When you get your account created and log in, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game, as that's where everyone will be talking!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me, or anyone with a purple or bright green name. We're all here to help!

So once again, welcome, and enjoy yourself!