Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dart's Shiny New Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I've never been too great and telling about myself in general. I'm not too outgoing, but I'm working on that. I get more talkative once I get to know people. And I usually put a bit of myself into my characters, so that I can better relate to their feelings and thoughts, to give a more genuine reaction to anything and everything around.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
US, English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started with Warcraft III when I was younger, around the time it was released I believe. Just kinda followed it from there, though not as much after WoW, so I've got some catching up to do there.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Some website with a list of private servers, I can't remember which one. And the fact that you all seem to want quality RP.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like being in the middle of the action. Excessive amounts of quiet time bore me to tears.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
That is such a hard question to answer. I don't think I can pick just any one.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good, serious (Although not so serious that fun isn't allowed) and quality stories.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The tolerance section would definitely be a big one, but I definitely like and agree with all of the rules.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Before I tell the story here, I just want to say that I don't think it will do much to show my role-playing skill, more just story-telling.)
John stumbled into a tavern, the stench of alcohol around him so strong that it would make those unused to such gag. He sat at the bar, mumbling something, with the words able to be understood slurred. "I want.. more whiskey..." The bartender shook his head, while looking at John. "I think you've had plenty, friend." John growled menacingly, then reached over to grab at the bartender's collar. An unnoticed man walked up behind John. "I think you should leave before things get rough on you." The man said. John growled louder, curling the hand that had reached for the barman's collar and turned, swinging it at the man. The man caught John's wrist, and in a swift motion, slipped his foot in front of John's, pushing him forward by his back, and kicking his leg out from under him. John hit the ground face first, falling unconcious from the fall. The man grabbed the back of his waistband and shirt, then dragged him through the door and out of the tavern. He returned to a cheer, before taking his seat once again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would like to make it known that I have a face. I know, it's an odd thing to have, but I felt you should know.
Hiya Dart, and welcome to CotH!

I'm JVNemesis, a Forum Helper here, and I also have a face. Kindred spirits, eh? You'll find a lot of us here, oddly enough, so no one judges!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations. Always good to know what you're signing up for (although the soul-consumption clause is almost never exercised, don't worry)!

There are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you aren't sure about something in the lore, as a lot has changed since WC3! The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, if you want a hand!

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game, as that's where a lot of OOC communication between players occurs!

And finally, while I know from personal experience that branching out into a new community can be difficult, everyone here is very welcoming and more than happy to give you a hand if you need it. If you do have any questions, comments, concerns, or anything, don't hesitate to PM myself, or anyone else with a snazzy purple or bright green name. We're here to help!

Enjoy your stay!
My name is Zhaei and I too have a face. It's nice to meet someone else with a face.
Thank you both for the wonderful welcome. ^^ I may not manage to hop onto the server for some time, is that alright? Unexpected things, you know?
Quite alright. This is for fun, not a job! :P

Take all the time you need.
You have no idea how happy I am to hear that. It's awesome.