Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: For My Mother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...ome--32285

When I stepped down, I made reference to my isolation. I have spent my life up to this point helping take care of my disabled parents. I eventually returned because...in retrospect, my friends and family? They are all on CotH. The people I care for, and in a couple instances even love, are people that are here, and so this community that I helped build ended up being my one social support group. Whether that is good or bad, I can't say, but it's the truth.

I bring this up to explain why I'm about to drop this news to you all. My mother was in and out of the hospital for the past month now. This afternoon, I got the news that she passed away in the hospital, just a couple hours after I had seen her for the last time.

I plan on taking a break from the work-side of CotH for a while for this. I was on earlier for RP, but it was difficult given the circumstances. Nonetheless, I don't bring this up for me...I don't want pity or condolences. I want to be able to move on. What I ask is for her.

She was a devout Christian. I am not, as I'm agnostic at best. I'm asking, if any of you are at all religious, send a prayer for her (Alice.) If heaven is real, no one deserves to go there more than her. Though I don't share her beliefs, I think it's what she would have wanted and would have appreciated the gesture.
Wow, I actually cried, and that's not something I normally do when I'm reading something.

I really suck with words, but good luck, Grakor. You got this.
Grak, I'm here for you pal. I'm very sorry to hear this, and if there's anything I can do to help you through this, you just tell me.

You're in my prayers and so is she.
I'll pray for both of you.
Oh, woah. All my condoleances, Grakor; I'm so sorry to hear about this. My case of agnosticism is kinda "rare", but it's close to being believer-like; just not there yet. Either way, it wouldn't be the first time I pray. My prayers will go to you and your mother tonight.

Take care, 'kay?
=( I'm sorry to hear this. =( I wouldn't be able to take that, myself. Good luck in the future, Grak. =)

I'll pray for your mother too. =)
I’ve already extended my condolences to you once through skype; I don’t really think there’s a point in which you can be given too many gestures of goodwill though, so.

I can’t put my sympathy entirely out in text, and I’d have an ever tougher time in spoken words. There’s no phrase I’ve ever heard that’s really been all that soothing to me. What I know has helped with my own experiences with grief in the past though is knowing that someone’s there to listen and help though, and as I’ve said before, I and many others on CotH are here if you ever need such a person. At the risk of sounding somewhat cheesy I’d like to offer you a song or two on my violin sometime if you’re ever willing to listen, since to me music can express a lot more than words can most of the time. It’s goofy, but if I can give you some enjoyment from it then that’s what counts.

I am religious, though as some might have picked up I do have a bit of a complicated stance with at least the current church I’m in. I do believe in prayer though, and I’ll keep your mother, you, and your family in my thoughts.
I'm not too great with words myself, but my deepest condolences go out to you, and I know that pretty much everyone else has extended the offer as well, but if you need to talk to someone, I'm always here to listen. I'll be sure to pray for your mum tonight.

Stay strong, Grak. <3
I'm in the same religious boat as you, Grakor, but I will pray anyway. If there is a God, as your mother believed, and it is a just and good God, as your mother most likely believed, I think that it would listen, despite what I personally believe.

I'm sorry that I missed this until now, and I am sorry for your, and your family's, loss.
I'm sorry.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Grak. The best way to honor someone that leads a noble and giving life is to follow in their example. And I'm always a willing ear if you need someone to listen, though I suspect there are many here that offer the same.
I'm sorry to hear this Grakor, I may not know you that well and to be honest I'm not really a religious person, but I'll send a prayer out for you and your family. I wish you luck through these tough times mate and I'm sure you already know this but we're here for you.
I will pray for her, your family and you. Stay strong.
I'm sorry, Grakor. I know how it feels when a family member or a close friend dies. I hope you get a chance to take a breath and recover with this time away from working on CotH.

Here is some music for you.

As an agnostic myself, I've never really known what to do in situations like these. They usually tend to just leave me wishing that there was something I could do, but . . . y'know what? I tried praying for my grandmother in November. I guess it couldn't hurt to try again for someone else. I have no doubt that your mother deserves the effort.

Just try and keep your head up, buddy. We've all got your back, yeah? Server isn't going anywhere, and we all want you to take care of yourself, so take all the time you need.
Pages: 1 2